Freighter Design Pass

What is the purpose of these ‘balance changes’? Are there issues with freighters that need these balance changes?

I don’t fly freighters, nor do I gank them, but this thread looks ridiculous to me. The only thing I see here is someone asking for a lot of unnecessary and possibly way too powerful buffs for his ship. What makes you think freighters are in need of these buffs?

1 Like

I don’t think he can. It was banned lol.

2 Likes

yep, they would still need a rework, just like any statistics that say “criminal activity is good for eve” its more snake oil ccp peddles.

Entities like Code have developed third party software that enables them to track, and identify high value targets. This is abusive game play. It invalidates the top end of trading, which is at current the only really successful part of that style of game play ,as the low area has to significantly low income rates, and very boring game play to interest many. Still a few like it and press on anyways only to be dealing with massive ganking. We also should talk about potentially, or previously left players due to the topic.

Then we come to the issue of how abusive it is for code themselves.

In essence, imagine if a miner could mine ore and stop pvpers fro pvping by doing that, its basically what we are looking at. its a highly abusive form of game play.

Immunity to cargo scan invalidates the software, and allowing them to warp faster, and get to gate at 0 on auto pilot makes them more difficult to kill, but not impossible.

More slots enable them to engage in more build diversity, specifically, more risk to reward rates. ( would be ok wit giving freigthers 5-6 rig slots in place of the additional lows etc, but they need the high)

high sec has mechanics to it, ones that lead aggressive tactics to being destroyed. Bumping, is a form of circumventing mechanics, that results in abusive, frustrating game play to freighters, and ultimately their death. They need a fix for this, and a self-jump microwarp drive, can open up some skill to enable the freighter to jump-warp away (a common tactic known by some experienced players)

so really, they are not massive buffs, its fixes to a lot of problems (in place of out right removing criminal actions from high sec) a sort of compromise.

more then anything this suggestion was a compromise to see if the code trolls here were interested in negotiation some sort of middle ground, but it seems they just want to keep killing people and farming easy isk with no negative drawbacks. Thus, all of them have invalid biest opinions that do nothing to benefit eve.

Please do not use the forums to troll or only as a means to draw out trolls just for the sake of it. As OP himself have claimed this not being a genuine suggestion, I’m closing this thread.

5 Likes