From Extraction To Production: Update

OK, I may have said 3 hours, but that is obviously teasing - but they can do it for at least 30 minutes period

If you snuggle up to a moon rock on a 30+ day pull probably even longer

The point is a barge or exhumer on the same asteroid can go a matter of minutes before something has rto be clicked or moved except maybe a retriever/mackinaw and even then only if it doesn’t have boosts

They are essentially able to mine AFKish - there is no disputing this. period!!

Just warp 10km instead of 0km, workarounds the issue

You can also combat probe one of the pods belonging to players that didn’t sign in for years but are still not removed from the grid and sitting in the middle of a sun, warp zero there, and get pushed by the sun to move faster subwarp then some ships can move while in warp…

1 Like

lol that do sound fun

So… you are complaining that an Orca is less efficient than a barge or exhumer at mining moon chunks therefor we should nerf the yield ? I’m sorry what ?

Also i never mentioned moon mining in my posts , the 3h that you said was more appropriate to an ice mining than a “regular” asteroid belt. I’ve never done moon mining , I have a single account in a 2 player corp… I don’t see myself doing some “fancy” moon mining activity anytime soon. That sounds like a fleet activity more than anything else , and if so whats the issue exactly with the orca mining those moon ores ? I fail to see the relevence.

2 Likes

So I warp in my Orca fleet into an ice belt after downtime and then nobody else can mine there with an Orca (either for boosts or afk roid hugging)? Genius idea…

1 Like

The Retriever HP issue is being fixed.

1 Like

so u guys are superfast

Yep very genius indeed, you could have control over ice ressources , war waged over this. You could also just use a Porpoise for boosting bringing your barge/exhumers

FYI i’m just spewing ideas cause the "oh my god there’s bots using 20 orca in my system i cannot compete with those the orca is too op!!! please CCP do something about the op ORCA it’s not fair please nerf their yield so bots stop using them ;-; the ORCA is a command ship it shouldnt be able to mine T_T " -Quoted from cry babies.
While tbh i could careless if there’s 200 orca in my Asteroid Belt 1 , i’ll just move to Asteroid Belt 2… nothing stops you from going to a less crowded area…

The only “relevance” is the Orca is too easy to AFK mine in. You may not use it that way, but plrnty of others have riuned it for you.

AFK gameplay isn’t really eve, it is being logged in while you watch TV and glance at your computer every time there is a commercial

2 Likes

So… you shouldn’t go afk if you do manufacturing, You shouldn’t go afk if you do PI, you shouldn’t use the Autopilot for a long jump(you definately shouldn’t but it’s still there for that specific reason), You shouldn’t go afk when mining in a retriever/mackinaw/procurer/skiff. Don’t let the afk police catch you for looking away from your screen for 2 minutes.

Rorqual has it way worst than the Orca for “afkness” vs reward, yet it’s the Orca getting nuked out of existance.
Rorqual = ~7 Orcas
Rorqual = ~35 T2 mining drones
Rorqual = ~175$ worth of omega accounts for the ~7 orca
Rorqual = fully fitted blinged out cost less than ~7 orcas naked.
Rorqual = Is the Indisputed king of AFK. you just don’t see them cause they resides in null where no one goes.

Conclusion. Nerf Orca.

6 Likes

The rorqual has been hammered and CCP are just finished confirming additional bonuses to the orca that put it back where it was before but needing fuel.

But next year it gets compression as well.

It’s a fair trade off for what is now a negligible nerf

Reading posts like this makes me think that maybe it was a bad time for me to join EVE. The playerbase doesn’t seem to be the happiest bunch. If those here are to be believed, the devs have lost their way and it’s only going to get worse. The fact that apparently they allowed themselves to get acquired a few years ago isn’t promising either, because companies that are passionate about their business don’t get acquired.

I think I remember now why I don’t play multiplayer games. They change.

2 Likes

AFK not AFK playing…is really irrelevant.

Nerfing ‘overall mining’ is nerfing the game for the average player. Nobody wants to see the cost of everything go up not only in terms of isk, but the amount of time + number of accounts it will now take to do the same things in Industry. Gun mining in L4’s shouldn’t be better than actual mining, but here we are.

Rich players/Vets/Large Alliances don’t care because they are still sitting on stockpiles and can use what they have to not only make more money than they got it for, or produce less expensive ships, or just keep on waiting it out and hoarding.

What do any of these changes do to actually make the game more fun? Mining overhaul = more fun for gankers not miners? Probably not even for them since there will be less Rorqs (possibly just miners in general judging by the unsub posts on Reddit) on grid to hunt.

5 Likes

Reality is that this forum is generally a bit of a screaming, exaggerating echo chamber.

Folks only come here to complain. Think of it as a very loud minority. The QAnon of eve.

If you are enjoying the game…… keep enjoying it…… it’s going to be around for a long time yet.

eve_online_ice_harvesting_asldkn-eve_online_ice_harvesting_asldkn

This was before 2014 update called “odyssey” you could warp in an ice system and find this beauty , it would go on from one end to the other a distance of ~750km thousands of ice chunks , i would see many mackinaw mining those which was the best around ship for it.

this is what we get now … system wide ice fields have move to anomalies that can be depleted…

I found that out recently in august when i came back from hiatus . what a huge disapointment…
now you making even more disapointment with the changes done to belts with the logistics required to navigate thru that pile of dogpoop.

Gross.

With belts looking like this. Even if you would give the Orca +900% drone mining yield i wouldn’t mine that. The logistics behind mining asteroids like these is just absurd. the Quality of Life is more important than any amount of mining yield. Heck i was fine with the 125% (new) vs 150% (old) yield because it’s not really a matter of gotta mine fast or gotta make more profits , it’s a matter of enjoying mining. This is not enjoyable. this is a chore. this is painful. Either revert that ugly mess you’ve done to belts , or give us something to work around that mess you’ve created. It doesn’t matter if you give a buff to the nerf you’ve done to the yield or even slightly increase it to "cover the fuel cost oops Teehee we didn’t think that thru sorry! " if we now have to deal with that mess!!! i don’t care if the quantity of ores are doubled if it’s to be looking like this!!!

11 Likes

I dunno. I’m new so of course I have no idea how people reacted to previous updates. But surely it can’t be the norm for a change to be so poorly received.

1 Like

what about endurance mass change? 1.600.000 pre-patch and 2.000.000 now. Endurance lost <2 sec align fit.

1 Like

People don’t like change. Eve has been “dying” since it’s first patch.

3 Likes

i’ve never cared for the other major updates, balance rebalancing stuff being removed or moved elsewhere sure those things happens all the time in a game with this player driven economy.

This change tho it’s very bad they touched alot of things all at once affecting multiple aspect not just focusing on one.
And some of the decisions behind those changes are blatant cash grab… Unthought out changes to simple game mechanic etc.

—These changes tho only affects industrials, miners, PvP Gankers… If you were running missions/incursions/ratting/abyssals these doesn’t affect you one bit which is what most people do anyway.

1 Like

Following that logic why some gankers are crying on some barges ehp buff? All they need is more alts too.

2 Likes