From Extraction To Production: Update

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything……. But where is the 2% coming from?

Is that an estimate based on drone speed or something?

Y’all actually hurt procurer yield. You went from reduced duration of 10% at max skill for a strip miner (which amounts to + 11% yield over time) to +10% yield at max skill.

That’s not “significantly boosting yield” for that ship, and ehp actually went down, which is not “significantly increasing” the ehp of that ship, either. With the loss of 2 mid slots, you kind of gutted the utility of what was a tough entry-level exhumer and made it into the red-headed step child of mining ships

4 Likes

On the positive side, the Procurer can now use 5 medium drones, which is a significant damage increase.

2 Likes

Actually a decent Battleship or an Ishtar can do that. No need for a Marauder.

The procurer is a barge rather than an exhumer, but yeah… I noticed that too… my procurer will just stay parked now… or maybe I’ll reprocess it, but it has no valid use now

1 Like

Good luck trying to tank a gank fleet in null , or at least hit a ceptor with those medium drones has no point. It needs only few seconds with you untill the pack land on you

What about your other 10 alts? 50 medium drones sounds pretty beefy.

2 Likes

that’s a step in the right direction… but it’s not enough.

Bring back drone mining yield +100% from the Role bonus.

give +50% yield to LiC T1
give +100% yield to LiC T2
give Mining Drone velocity increase of +50% LiC T1 100% LiC T2
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 10% and 12.5% is not enough with those current belts. also that is a “GLOBAL” drone velocity bonus. the combat drone and utility drone speed is fine as is , they are not the one having to cover 20km/60km for the next asteroid to mine and return meanwhile consuming fuel on “dead trips”.
Make it a “COMMAND SHIP” that COMMAND drones
Make the ORCA Unique.

Make them meaningful for SOLO MINERS emphasis on the word SOLO meaning no alt accounts. Risk VS Reward, Reward VS Investment. QoL VS Asteroids Belts f*ckery you guys did.

If you think “yeah but then someone can just get a fleet of Orca in a belt that’s too good!”
Then Implement a limitation of how many Orca can be present in a given belt before you warp them !
“The mass is too great cannot warp there!”
Fixed…

4 Likes

during the TiS @Kenneth_Feld was saying that Orca pilot was afk mining sending a drone on an asteroid and going away for 3h… Besides “Ice mining” i don’t see how that is realistic on normal Ore like Veldspar <— highest density in high sec asteroids belts ores Btw. which takes ~15-20mins to break down with a single drone on it. very far off from the claimed “3h”.

No drone speed makes sense for Ice Mining cause you can just warp close to one and mine for hours on end before that ice chunk gets depleted.

Normal Asteroids Belts tho they do get depleted and fast. Meaning you have to go seek a new Veldspar rock to mine. With the current “revamp” of asteroids you guys did that’s great that you doubled the ore amount of them that’s fantastic. What is not fantastic tho is the spread out of said ores. Before the change you could warp at 0km and get bumped maybe 5-10km then slowboat to close of 3-12 veldspar in viccinity.

Now what we get ? You warp at 0km you get bumped out 20-60km away because of the size of the veldspar chunks and because of the mass of the Orca… Not great. having to make 20-30 precise bookmarks for a SINGLE asteroids belt is insanity. But if you do go ahead and do the bookmarks anyway cause you like suffering for some reasons. You get rewarded with 1-2 Veldspar ~10km apart from each other in the best case scenario. Meaning breaking them will force you to warp out , warp back in rinse and repeat. THAT IS TERRIBLE.

If the only change you guys have done was the addition of the LiC , sure then the 75% Industrial Command Ship bonus + the LiC T1 / T2 bonus would of been fine. But alas you have created a new problem with the changes done to belt which mean that NO MATTER what you give in yield bonuses , we still lose by ALOT. Example warp at 0km you scan , you find ~3 veldspar ore within 15 km, you mine them out , look at the next set of Veldspar ore they are ~30km away with a drone speed of 962m/s… that 30km away ores will takes ~ 6 minutes from the Orca to the Ore and back to the Orca + an additional minute for the drone mining cycle , so we are now at ~7 minutes in travel time + cycle, that’s 3 cycle of the LiC down … 1500 water wasted on a single trip… so what… i should “disable” the LiC wait for my drone to be in range of an asteroid , activate the LiC to get the bonus yield , then turn off the LiC when the drone comes back so i don’t waste fuel ??? Comeon dudes that’s so stupid.

^ Fix for that problem can be done in 3 ways…

1. Make a new Mining drone tier only available for the Orca , which have an innate micro jump drive which will warp to a distant asteroid and with a better yield than the T2 with a "residue" of 50%
  2. give Mining drone velocity bonus to the LiC T1 / T2 of 50% / 100%.
  3. Remove the fuel usage of the LiC T1 / T2, Move the fuel usage to the use of the Compression module instead. which would make alot more sense since you have less "residue" from using Rorqual/Porpoise**/Orca in space compression than you would on a station**** SOON TM that would then be a trade off of , do i wanna use fuel to get less "residue" out of my compression?
1 Like

Procurer: I am still displeased for the loss of 2 mid slots. The choice to level all T1 barges to the same fitting (they all have 2 mid slots now) is just a step back in game playability.
The “developer comment” in the patch notes talks about the lack of fitting choices for miners as a drive for the current change. Now, how does that statement play with leveling barges’ fit to the same configuration for all of them?

As a side note: The Retriever in TQ now has 2500, 2500, 2500 hull, armor and shield HP, unlike announced.

1 Like

OK, I may have said 3 hours, but that is obviously teasing - but they can do it for at least 30 minutes period

If you snuggle up to a moon rock on a 30+ day pull probably even longer

The point is a barge or exhumer on the same asteroid can go a matter of minutes before something has rto be clicked or moved except maybe a retriever/mackinaw and even then only if it doesn’t have boosts

They are essentially able to mine AFKish - there is no disputing this. period!!

Just warp 10km instead of 0km, workarounds the issue

You can also combat probe one of the pods belonging to players that didn’t sign in for years but are still not removed from the grid and sitting in the middle of a sun, warp zero there, and get pushed by the sun to move faster subwarp then some ships can move while in warp…

1 Like

lol that do sound fun

So… you are complaining that an Orca is less efficient than a barge or exhumer at mining moon chunks therefor we should nerf the yield ? I’m sorry what ?

Also i never mentioned moon mining in my posts , the 3h that you said was more appropriate to an ice mining than a “regular” asteroid belt. I’ve never done moon mining , I have a single account in a 2 player corp… I don’t see myself doing some “fancy” moon mining activity anytime soon. That sounds like a fleet activity more than anything else , and if so whats the issue exactly with the orca mining those moon ores ? I fail to see the relevence.

2 Likes

So I warp in my Orca fleet into an ice belt after downtime and then nobody else can mine there with an Orca (either for boosts or afk roid hugging)? Genius idea…

1 Like

The Retriever HP issue is being fixed.

1 Like

so u guys are superfast

Yep very genius indeed, you could have control over ice ressources , war waged over this. You could also just use a Porpoise for boosting bringing your barge/exhumers

FYI i’m just spewing ideas cause the "oh my god there’s bots using 20 orca in my system i cannot compete with those the orca is too op!!! please CCP do something about the op ORCA it’s not fair please nerf their yield so bots stop using them ;-; the ORCA is a command ship it shouldnt be able to mine T_T " -Quoted from cry babies.
While tbh i could careless if there’s 200 orca in my Asteroid Belt 1 , i’ll just move to Asteroid Belt 2… nothing stops you from going to a less crowded area…

The only “relevance” is the Orca is too easy to AFK mine in. You may not use it that way, but plrnty of others have riuned it for you.

AFK gameplay isn’t really eve, it is being logged in while you watch TV and glance at your computer every time there is a commercial

2 Likes

So… you shouldn’t go afk if you do manufacturing, You shouldn’t go afk if you do PI, you shouldn’t use the Autopilot for a long jump(you definately shouldn’t but it’s still there for that specific reason), You shouldn’t go afk when mining in a retriever/mackinaw/procurer/skiff. Don’t let the afk police catch you for looking away from your screen for 2 minutes.

Rorqual has it way worst than the Orca for “afkness” vs reward, yet it’s the Orca getting nuked out of existance.
Rorqual = ~7 Orcas
Rorqual = ~35 T2 mining drones
Rorqual = ~175$ worth of omega accounts for the ~7 orca
Rorqual = fully fitted blinged out cost less than ~7 orcas naked.
Rorqual = Is the Indisputed king of AFK. you just don’t see them cause they resides in null where no one goes.

Conclusion. Nerf Orca.

6 Likes