From Extraction To Production: Update

I honestly want to ask CCP or anyone else that plays…why even bother trying to nerf the rorqual with the current changes after installing CRAB beacons? Fully fit rorqual now costs between 8 and 10 billion isk depending on regional pricing, and dreads only cost 6 to 7 billion fully fit at current prices. Every day I use my 3 beacons and end up with over a billion isk worth of loot and it takes less than 2 hours solo…you have literally nerfed the ability to build capital ships to the point that noone is building them while installing an entirely new meta that is breaking the game and putting the players that already have capitals even higher than the new players starting out

6 Likes

Uhm, step in the right direction? I see only downsides. The size of my ship is multiplied by 2, it’s speed is halved. All the role bonusses are gone, and i have a slot less to compensate for the fact that i’m now a sitting duck. On top of that there’s a lot listed as bonus, but in fact those are negative numbers, so not a bonus at all but a nerf. If you compare the numbers, across the board everything is lower. Yes you have a bit of extra shield or armor or structure hp, but that will never compare against the reduced speed and the doubled size. Instead of having good defined purposes for mining ships you now have 3 bad choices per tier. And your Orca and Rorquals got totally nerfed. At 2.5 minute activation/deactivation you have absolutely zero survivability. Impossible to get away from anything. Even a simple rookie destroyer can take out an Orca now.

6 Likes

It lost 50 CPU.

As a Beta player, I can now say I have lost all hope that CCP is competent enough to continue to develop this game.

1st They change the wardec system allowing ISboxer bot users free roam to gank in highsec with absolutely no consequences, 2nd they destroy Industry in it’s entirety, and now they destroy a players ability to actually mine and attain said resources.

Even in Nullsec I have felt the pain of trying to build ships for my alliance and failing because minerals are so scarce, most alliances have stopped using anything above a HAC entirely because the materials required are too rare and too hard to obtain in quantity.

With the ICe changes, Fuel is now a premium. and many Alliances are reducing stations, and even stopping capital transport and ship production to almost nothing. Battles now consist of t1 and cruiser or lower ships.

In addition, there is no reason to fight over space anymore as all space is exactly the same (In it’s sector IE HIgh, Low, and Nul etc). Removing the motivation for engaging in pvp other then to simply engage in pvp.

Everything has become a chore, a Burden, or a logistical nightmare and The game is no longer fun to play.

So after 20 years, I am seriously considering, (Which were good years with friends and memories I will never forget) canceling my accounts (All 6 of them) Permanently. As it is clear to me that CCP no longer has the ability, intelligence, or competence, to do anything except make a cash shop, and spam microtransactions at people, while destroying what was a fantastic game.

I want to thank everyone who I’ve played with, it’s been a fantastic journey. But I think it’s time we all let this game die. Developers can not continue to do this kind of BS and get away with it.

If I do end up leaving, Maybe if it changes in the future and a more competent developer purchases it I’ll come back.

21 Likes

CCP is owned by a Korean company… the chances of that is slim. Microtransaction up the Wazoo and to make sure the Microtransaction sells they have to put in system that encourage the uses of ALTS accounts.

You are really nuts, guys. What are you smoking there? Orca is nerfed for 100% of its previous power and you are talking about huge improvement? Come down from clouds to Earth.

P.S. I bought your game “As IS” and don’t want to pay more for your stooped improvements. This also last year for me for omega subscription.

4 Likes

The hull got nerfed, but look at the Indy core - that is where the bonus resides - BUT - @CCP_Psych announced tonight on TiS that he is going to up the powa a bit to give it a bit more.

1 Like

And why is there nothing of this “announcement” here on the forums? Not everyone watches TIS or even knew that this guy would go on there and talk about this rubbish that they produced.

The least they could do is post a summary of their “TIS announcement” here. However, thank you for telling us that this guy was actually on there so that one can now at least check the recording of that talk.

REDNES

7 Likes

This is an apple with pie comparization because your single marauder toon has more SP then all mining toons together. At least SP affecting the performance of the ships.

You should look for missions that send you to clap EoM, those still drop nice amounts of loot.

More importantly, the miners, in highsec only get Pye, Mex and Tritanium, unless they mine in a mission DED, a Combat Signature or an Escallation Site. The modules you reprocess for minerals, on the other side, result in all minerals being provided, and not just all of them being provided, but in distributions that are common to build items, rather then 99% isogen 1% nocxium or something like that.

If you have 5 toons in null, despite the nerfs in loot drop rates, putting them all in gilas and deploy-and-forgetting them in lvl5 anoms probably provides more minerals from loot then mining with an orca, 2 retrievers and 2 ventures in highsec (never tried 5 afk gilas, but each cerberus at-the-keyboard toon, which probably is less efficient then gilas are afk, generates 10M in loot per lvl5 anom and takes about 30 minutes to do so). Some day in a hundred a ganker might show up despite it being nullsec, and clap the gilas while you’re afk, but in high CODE will probably clap you long before that, and the orca alone is more expensive then 5 gilas, too

1 Like

Well its a bit annoying that they intend to fidle (quote https://youtu.be/JEZmxspXuMg?t=2480 @CCP_Psych : ) “with the TII indi core the orca will be equal or above its pre patch values” wich is vague as ■■■■ as to what they intend to implement.
as usual i guess it´ll be the wrong screw and instead of bringing back its support potential by adding 1-2 highslots in conjunction with fitting room to use them they turn up the drone mining yield to be a step in between porp and rorq and call it a day… and do not bother touching the orcas survivability when grid locked thx to an active indy-core.

While we are talking about MORE POWA for the Large Industrial Core, why not give it strength bonus to shield command links as well?

1 Like

One question, I am in terms of Eve a new player and also a casual player (4h-8h a week), I bought the Orca of the little people - the Porpoise for single mining because it was slightly better in mining than my Retriever, 14,47 m3 vs 13,49m3 with my skills before the patch. It have a bigger ore load capacity and is still tougher, so better chance to survive in highsec against the human filth. After the patch with my skillset I get from the Retriever 13,61m3 and the Porpoise with the mining drones II 10,33 m3. Does I miss a set of skill or the entry in the patch notes about nerfing the mining drones and the Porpoise?

3 Likes

probably in fear of overshadowing battleline boosting ships…

Battleline boosting ships don’t lock themselves in place for 5 minutes and receive no penalty for remote repair. Orcas are not exactly fast to align or in warp either.

And if you are worried about capital fights, those tend to involve dreads, so the stationary boost Orca will just explode once a dread decides to cough in the general direction.

2 Likes

not disagreeing, just saying what might be their reason.

Nice that compensated for close range ammo buff, and active resistance modules nerf. All normal now

That is my point almost exactly.

Orca has max skills, other 4 miners 3/5, nothing special.

Now 5 Gilas afk(not really afk similar activity level as mining fleet) in l4 missions would outperform small mining fleet aswell in gathering minerals.

But a single Marauder does it already depending on mission choice.

In null, we can discuss but Orca is 2 billion+ Can it ever survive long enough to pay for itself? I think not if you play for fun… if you sit afk all day and mine in safety probably it does eventually if no gankers show up, but how realistic is that?

In short I wont be training mining skills anytime soon. 30 minutes every 5-6 months is booring enough.

1 Like

First impression of a gas-miner.

Prospect Orehold is bigger now. Thats a good one.
The new graphics of the gas huffing looks very good.

What I don’t understand is the new gas cargo hold on the Hoarder.
It can hold 33.000 m3. Like 2.5 full Prospects.
The Miasmos can still hold gas in its cargo. And it has 10.000 m3 more.

So what is the point of the Hoarders new gas cargohold?

1 Like

OP Updated:

• Procurer & Skiff: Agility 0.8 (from 1.0)

Orca Industrial Command / Level bonuses:

• Drone Ore Mining Yield: 15% (from 10%)
    -end yield/sec result with a T2 core should be ~2% higher than pre-patch.
  • Drone Ice Harvesting Cycle Time: -5% (from -2%)
    -end yield/sec result with a T2 core should be the same as pre-patch.

The above adjustments will be live in TQ within the next few days.

1 Like

Nice to see now it has better bonus than the Vexor :stuck_out_tongue:

:rofl:

1 Like