From Extraction To Production: Update

Quote from last week, " If your not an Indy Player Go comment on your own changes that are being forced on you to wipe out your gameplay style ", Ohhh there aren’t any okay then go play in traffic.

Well here’s a thought leave the holds as they are then until they fix it. Why the hell does the Orca or the Rorq need to carry Compressed gas in the first place. No where near a primary mining usage with those ships.

So I’m not understanding the thinking with t1 vs t2 wastage. It seems like you are adding more waste with higher yield. Shouldn’t it be the opposite. As you train up as a miner your wastage should decrease as u get access to better skills and equipment. So in effect as you invest more skills into the profession you are both increasing your yield and decreasing your wastage.

I agree, however this is to help new players to mine without being heavily penalised. CCP has clearly not thought everything through logically.

2 Likes

u literaly cant stop nerf things?

and wat is eve about ?? in 2 dam years u already nerfed 90% of the pve content and what the hell expect the new playes do in his first days? u literaly have the first tutorial misions for mining WTF

i dont expectet the shiity CSM undestand this because they are still bussy figthing a war for care about pve drama

seriusly if your goal is prevent new playest to join the game and old players create more alts then u are doing a fuking good job

The problem is that no matter what they do with waste it makes no sense and screws some portion of the community. Make t1 cause more waste then new players get hosed. Make t2 cause waste then its punishing those who put in the time to train these skills high enough to use them. Its a bad mechanic plain and simple. I’d rather just see yields adjusted than roll some dice every time my lasers cycle.

1 Like

the only update who made changes during his deployed was the shitty update about the drones nerfs when they become “one click” bottom

Good questions, but they hit too close to home for CCP’s hidden movements to remove Industry from the game so we wont get any answers from them on these.

1 Like

Well, then… code it differently? Wasn’t a big problem for POS fuel bays. Why it should be much different for anything else?
I’m a programmer myself, so don’t tell me “it’s not possible”. Everything is possible when you have access to the source code. The question is time spent for making it work. And for specialized cargo holds, I’m sure, it’s not even a coding issue, it’s just an issue of setting up the table relation; “this category goes here”. That’s all.

1 Like

Type C is awesome. You can mine the ore you want in an anom, then Type C mine the ore you don’t want to clear the anom. Then you get another anom so you can go back to mining the ore you need. Mining waste from other mining types and crystals will just make the game more toxic. I don’t think anyone playing needs more excuses to be mad at other players.

This is indeed much better but this will raise the awkward part that people will be shuffling to refit t1 modules to mine more expensive ores / moonstuff. Can’t you make one of the crystals to be a -34% Wasted probability with a lower mining amount that brings it to be a bit over t1 while retaining 0 waste?

And thats why T1 & T2 should have comparable amounts of waste (34% each +20% by using type B crystals) but add a waste reduction to the boost that effects the crystal volatility (-20% T1 - 30% T2). No exclusion of anyone but significantly pushing the boosting roles of porp, orca and rorq.

instead of attacking me for reiterating what ccp has said why not put in an application to ccp to work as a coder for them?

1 Like

I’m actually qualified here, but damn, I feel like my employment will end with an assault charge, if I have to post a patch like this.

They are skill intensive, thats all that makes them not beeing pinnacle of a combat fleet.

Actually, making compression experience positive is quite easy.

1. Create ONE compression module. With reasonable cycle length, so that Orca can help with compression on grid, but not become a cheap replacement for Rorqual.
  2. Give Compact Indy Core a bonus to Compressor cap use, so Orca can run more of them when moored.
  3. Give Capital Indy Core a bonus to Compressor cycle length, so Rorqual can compress faster. Like, real fast.
  4. Make Compressor “just pull” the biggest stack of whatever can be compressed from ore hold on start of a cycle. Consider ore being used as “fuel”, like it is for Indy/Siege/Triage cores.
  5. If there’s no stack that could be used to fully feed the next Compressor cycle, abort automatic cycle. When activated manually, the Compressor will pull even partial load, with appropriate warning displayed, and no change in compression cycle.
  6. Introduce “filtering” scripts for Compressor, that would limit what kind of ore Compressor would consider available. Scripts could be either permanent or volatile. Aside from providing Compressor with ability to filter stuff, scripts could provide a small bonus to cycle length, especially if they are made volatile.
  7. Compressed stuff is ejected into regular cargo hold. Easy to understand, no added "if"s.

I have no idea where all the drama about the Orca is coming from. Perhaps people are too childish and selfish to remember what it’s for and why it existed in the first place.

To everyone complaining how the Orca is not the best sub capital mining ship and should be, go jump off a station and get a new clone until you find a functioning brain. The Orca is meant to support mining operations by providing a storage area for ore to be shipped out of a belt, and by providing boosts to barges in that belt. People crying how it doesn’t mine more than a barge can eternally piss off, because that’s not why it’s there. The mining benefits of an Orca come from the boosting it provides, allowing a group of barges to mine substantially more than if the Orca pilot was in just another barge. This is the fundamental role it plays, and has supposed to play since it was first conceived.

Yes, it received mining bonuses to aid in mining operations. But anyone thinking that they should be able to safely solo mine, alone in a belt, no friends, with nothing but an Orca, and make more profits mining than any other ship but a Rorqual, you are the problem and are trying to promote the exact play style everyone else wishes death on. If this update to the ship upsets you, good. Stay upset.

2 Likes

Dear CCP,

now that you’re pretty much going back to the mining drawing board could I ask you to consider reviewing missions for Mining Agents. My question is…

Do many players use them and in what numbers ?

I’ve completed the occasional one when I’ve had a spare 10 minutes before logging off, but they don’t offer much of an incentive to do and they are simple, but repetitive. The ore is mined and returned to agent and, apart from dealing with a few rats, that’s it, mission over. The player doesn’t even get to keep any of the ore and the reward and bonuses often suck.

To make these missions more interesting why not, as an incentive, allow the missioner to obtain the ore requested by the agent BUT ALSO INCLUDE rarer ores for the player to freely mine. If I knew there was the likely chance of obtaining, for example, a few tens of thousands of units of Spod, Arkonor and/or Moon Goo & etc in a mission site, that would be an incentive to use them more often.

You said, we want to enable more playstyles on top of it - Well, I think that would be an excellent incentive for solo or corporation mining fleets to participate in.

LASTLY, there’s no obvious reason to have separate cargo holds for ice, ore, minerals and manufactured goods. (Miasmos, Kryos, Epithal) … Just update the Nereus (and similar cargo transports) with a much bigger single hold. Keeping things simple is best ! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

To be honest I really don’t get why you get 0% waste on T1 modules.
I was ok with T1 having 100% waste (or some high value). For T2 I would assume you get one set of crystals for higher faster yield, but higher wastage and a second set for comparatively less yield but lower waste.
Mining drones should mirror the modules in that regard. I was not really ok that T1 and T2 drones had same high waste.

For compression I would give a thought of making compression in stations something like a industry Jobs. That way you promote people with skills and it’s not a 1 second action to just take 10 gajillion m3 of ore and compress it.
Hell, maybe even making reprocessing as an industry job. That way a reprocesser will not be a single person in the alliance that skilled it. Nice there are only so many jobs you can run at the same time.
For ship ore compression - spending hours in space for computation is not something viable. If it was something like you need to spend one cycle with core running to compress your all orehold - that should be more viable.

For rorqs I really don’t know the right solution. They are broken, but maybe make ways for it to be either a good booster or a decent miner?
Maybe get another core version that removes all the boost bonuses, but buffs drone mining.
Just a thought.

I have a feeling we weren’t told the whole story in the update. Something is clearly missing. Again?

1 Like

The chart is correct.

2 Likes