From Extraction To Production: Update

the conversations between CSM and CCP have been active/lively of late. I bet. I as a new player, don’t see the the changes as negative, and I trust CCP and CSM with the game, which seems to be an un popular opinion. The waste mechanic seems cool, different options, choice and dynamics when it comes to mining sounds great. I’m mostly making this comment to let the CSM know, who will hopefully let CCP know, that we aren’t all pissy about game changes. They want the game to be at a certain point and they gotta make changes to get there, meanwhile, I get to play it, and watch it aaall unfold haha. Though it is good to see that the teams involved are listening to the player base and taking it into consideration.

1 Like

I have no idea where all the drama about the Orca is coming from. Perhaps people are too childish and selfish to remember what it’s for and why it existed in the first place.

To everyone complaining about how the Orca is too good among the sub capital mining ship and shouldn’t be, go jump off a station and get a new clone till you find a functioning memory implant. The Orca was meant to be a POS decoration providing system-wide boosts for not just mining but variety of other stats within the old command skills system. People crying about a ship that mines worse than a boosted Procurer can eternally piss off, because it’s was never a good mining platform. The fundamental role it played is to become a space coffin on a POS, and when that changed, it was a good change overall.

Orca solo mining is dumb, but only exists because ore logistics suck, and people hate solo miners for having a ship that doesn’t even mine that good just because they can work around crap logistics. If there were a ship that can actually haul ore efficiently, or have a way to deliver it to a location within a system, it would’ve been used instead.

The reason everyone wishes death to this playstyle is exactly opposite of why you misthink they do. If voices of people actually explaining hows and whys to clueless CCPers upset you, good. Stay upset.

1 Like

I think it starts and ends with suicide ganking in highsec. I think if you want to actually make money once you factor in ship losses to gankers, you can choose to have a bunch of disposable mining ships (procurers) or expensive but tanky ships (Orca). I think people are mad that they skilled into a 2b ship that wasn’t really great at mining to begin with and are mad that it’s getting needlessly nerfed. It’s like getting grounded because your sibling did something bad.

2 Likes

It is very important that you do not listen to the gankers complaining about you increasing the EHP of the mining barges and exhumers. Apart from the Skiff and Procurer they are stupidly pathetic. Most miner gankers have several accounts anyway and why shouldn’t they have to gang up if they want to race against CONCORD’s response?

I am happy about the changes to the Orca that you have decided on above, however the AFK issue is not going to go away. At least now with two accounts I can live with having an Orca and an Exhumer, but I would love for that Exhumer to be a Hulk rather than a Skiff, but can’t due to the tank being too weak, sorry can’t over emphasise that.

1 Like

A battle took place in J151909 (E-R00028) involving 31 pilots who lost a total of 3,621,705,651.24 isk

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, "To lose one isk may be regarded as as a misfortune… to lose 3,621,705,625 looks like carelessness" :rofl:

1 Like

Orca Changes.

So on previous proposal they removed the yield bonuses complete from the ship and moved them to core.
So ship bonus zero and core T1 100% and core T2 125%.

On the update they only remove the roles bonus of 100% drone yield, so does that mean the old 10% mining yield bonus per industrial skill level persists? If yes then on the update the orca has only a 25% yield loss with a T2 core, correct ?

Just get rid of the waste mechanic completely. Nobody likes this. Nobody asked for this.

2 Likes

All proposed changes to the Venture, Expedition Frigates, and Porpoise are being reverted with one exception: they will still be getting the additional Gas/Ice bays as relevant. Ninja mining, as a career, is something we absolutely love and have no intentions of removing this playstyle. Rather, we want to enable more playstyles on top of it.

Does this mean, Gas cloud harvesting will still be a thing NewBros can do? Just to clarify?

Alpha here I come. I have been subbed and not missed a month since I started (2005), just feel like CCP are actively mugging me now lol.

It’s a shame that you revert the Venture nerf. The Venture is way too cheap for how much ISK/hour you can make with it huffing high-value gas. At least 90% of active Ventures are not real newbies but alts of veteran players who use armies of Venture alts to make tons of ISK without any risk. The ship is so cheap that it’s barely even worth it to combat-scan it down.

To make that kind of ISK, players should always be forced to make a proportional investment. A ship such as the Venture should cost at least 30m ISK.

Alternatively, you could find a way so that harvesting high-value gas/ore requires special, expensive harvesting modules, while actual newbies could still use the Venture at the current negligible price to harvest newbie-suitable, low-value materials.

Same for cheap exploration ships like the Heron. It’s fine that newbies do not face a skillpoint barrier anymore, but to solve the worthwile exploration sites in w-space and nullsec, a Heron should need to be equipped with special modules so that its value is 20+ million ISK, making it worthwile to hunt down these explorers. Currently, trying to catch these worthless ships feels like hunting fruit flies.

1 Like

The reason for that is because CCp caused these issues with prior changes and have been told before they would not work. But they are the very definition of " A Bull in A China shop ". Instead they come up with these convoluted ways to fix Issues. in stead of dealing with the main issue Players using more than one Rorq at a time and populating too much ore. Alot of us can see through this BS . Credit cards work for them, skill injectors work for them. Not listening to experienced players works for them and also having no real idea that each profession in Eve is actually different. @CCP any answers to the real questions.

I dont have the in game data in front of me, but why is t2 the waste one and t1 not the waste one? Is the yield even that much higher in t2 than t1 that the 34% waste is even better?

Wouldnt it be better if t2 had 0% waste and t1 had the 34% waste? You train to get better, not worse…

1 Like

its supposedly to not harm the new players

Then put it in on the skill side, each level decreases waste by x%? because to me, which i dont use t2 anyways but just looking at it, is going to make it to where i might as well just stick with the t1 and not have any waste.

Well thats the name of the game. CCP says here have this nice big candy, you pop it in your mouth and it tastes like ass.

2 Likes

But what if the engine doesn’t have the capability to support that yet (eg. particularly point 4)?

CCP doesnt want it to be better, help you mine more. this is the silent undercover war on industry toons here in Eve.

I would believe if CCP doesn’t play their own game unless there’s an event. FFS listen to your elected CSM members. We dont care about mining waste at all. and make the compression modules have a cycle time of like 60 seconds to compress everything in your ore hold. done, fixed. lower the ammount of PI needed in production. You broke your own game when you made rorqs alone be like 5 barges for a year and had millions of them mining. Now youre trying to fix it to drastically to fast.

Hi Dracvlad, I must have missed that. In which thread are they to be found? My impression is that the gankers are simply bemused by the outpourings of grief and naked aggression to which these proposed changes have lately given rise.

Though I am pleased that your own future as a would-be mining super-man appears more secure, I do note your ‘one more buff’ plea at the end of your spicy offering.

Perhaps your dreams will come true!

I would believe it. But if people dont make ■■■■, theres nothing to blow up. and kill their own game. Which seems to be happening.