From Extraction To Production: Update

I said that or slag

m

4 Likes

Oh, and another thing. Why have waste on mining lasers at all? Waste really sounds like a strip mining problem more than a laser problem. The venture with a laser should be the prospector with a pick, going after the good stuff, as CCP Rattati alluded to himself in the MMORPG.com interview.

12 Likes

:wink:

5 Likes

Waste really just is “lost potential” so you could rework it into a crit system where you get bonus stuff or just don’t deplete the rock as much for the volume you pull that cycle and get literally the same effect. It is all just framing. They are rubbing in our face that there is ore in there we are not getting. It doesn’t matter if it is “more”, that wont feel good. This is loot spew all over again.

9 Likes

I thought they will pull back on it after they hard flopped the first iteration. What we have here is not only even worse than the dev blog one, but it even lost compression.
@CCP bring back compression, don’t delay it, just clearly communicate that it is NOT FINAL. Some compression is better than no compression.

Moons, bruh, moons… that’s where the precious rocks are.

Just put up the Compact Industrial Core numbers against the ones from the dreaded excel doc from the last thread and you’ll see how much worse this iteration is.

I said 6 months, not 6 days.

Also they didn’t “loose” compression, it will get it as soon as they can solve the technical problems they ran into.

2 Likes

It’s good that all of the nerfs for the expedition frigates have been reverted.

It will be interesting to see how the buffs to the barges and exhumers work out. I hope it isn’t just blanket EHP buffs and mining buffs, but a wider range of choice for people to make, based on their need (ie. best mining buffs don’t also buff EHP, but EHP can be buffed while still being a useful mining platform).

4 Likes

Wait they have? Did I gloss over that part of the post
goes to re-read

Can you please just allow Ore Bay to store gas and ice?… Having a lot of special bays just not practical, aside from being unrealistic.

16 Likes

Those change to the Orca are not enough.
Drone Maximum Velocity should have an additional seperate value for Mining/Harvesting Drone Maximum Velocity of at least 100%.
the Drone ore Mining Yield Bonus… FROM 150% DOWN TO 75% ??? what the heck are we suposed to be mining now are you kidding me, You just said in the same very post you don’t want to make them obsolete , this literally makes them obsolete, the previous CiC T1 100% and CiC T2 125% was fine as it was. This is way too much. and on top of that the T1 drone won’t have waste but the T2 one and the VERY EXPENSIVE augmented drone will have the most waste ? HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE , training more and paying more for less ?

9 Likes

After more than the year starving player base (paying customers) with dum idea of scarcity CCP announced and of scarcity and rewarded us with gift of wet stinky sweaty towel to face. When players asked, but why? Replay is F… You, because we can.

7 Likes

+1 to removing waste for newbros.

16 Likes

Yeah, this section:

1 Like

I see it now thanks
That’s ■■■■■■■ awesome
GG CCP

6 Likes

Didn’t check EHP, but mining just took a major nerf.
T2 equipment at those numbers is borderline unusable, so you HAVE to use T1, and even with new numbers it’s worse than old T2.

4 Likes

It’s in this section (bold text):

Oh it’s their goal, eh?

Well, they kicked the ball and it landed 5 yards behind the kicker, as far as progress towards that goal goes.

1 Like

No, you are not supposed to be MINING in a COMMAND ship. Say thanks they did not remove these bonuses entirely.

6 Likes

It isn’t final yet, so where it is now, isn’t where it will be when they are done, but that it is happening at all is a big step from a week ago.

As I said many times in the previous thread, my group of Carebears would have worked out how to deal with all of the changes bar one: we need our minerals in our Highsec moons.

The revised changes are excellent.

If the minerals can stay then we will be extremely happy Carebears, and will be able to continues our weekly fleets (currently 30+ in this weekend’s fleet, chomping away at a Highsec moon).

6 Likes