From Extraction To Production: Update

it’s a “COMMAND” ship , it command stuff , it’s an INDUSTRIAL ship , it’s related to industry , the name implies it can COMMAND an army of drones , related to INDUSTRY implying mining minerals.

Not to expect it to be mining and be good at it for it’s CLASS (Baby Rorqual) for the PRICE it has is just nonsense.

5 Likes

Y’know, you’ve been working on this for 2 years. One of the things you should be doing all through the process is ‘what is our intended end-state and what mechanics will that need?’ From the beginning, you need to be asking that question.

It’s not exactly ‘early in the process’ when you get to ‘a month before the patch goes live’.

Mining Efficiency vs The Actual Meta

We are now roughly 3 years into the Muninns + Eagles with a side of Cerbs meta. In the 2 years before that, the HAC meta included Ishtars, but only in the hands of the truly skilled. For those who can’t fly HACs, the Ferox has been the battlecruiser of choice for almost 5 years. Patch after patch has promised to ‘fix’ the HAC meta, or to ‘rebalance’ the Ferox.

None of them have made us do anything more than change 1 freaking module on the optimized fit.

Flying a handful of ships that are deemed ‘the best’ very much is what EVE has been about for quite some time. While I’m sure we can all appreciate the intention of not trapping miners in that deep, dark, bottomless pit of a calcified, stagnant meta, can y’help the rest of us out of it, while you’re at it, too?

Wasted Volume Multiplier Bonus

We don’t have those number for modules. What are you guys currently looking at?

Example: Modulated Strip Miner II with a Type A II crystal will have a +80% mining amount bonuse, the same Cycle time, and a 44% Waste Probability… a 44% probability of wasting how much volume in the rock? We don’t have those numbers for the modules or drones, only the crystals.

Before anyone can actually evaluate your numbers, we need to know what all of those numbers are.

As always, I’ll have more when I think about it some.

13 Likes

They knew we were mad.
We had to smash numbers in their faces.
We had to listen to Rattati to find out he’s clueless.
We had to listen to excuses that they are listening and ready to change it.

Big step from a week ago? Wake up, it’s a big step BACKWARDS. There’s nothing there that’s better than a week ago. Compression? Worse. Orca? Worse. T2 mining? MUCH WORSE.

9 Likes

Please calm down
Things are still being worked on
As I said in my post that these changes are not perfect, but they are a step in the right direction overall

5 Likes

Increased yield = increased waste makes sense.

5 Likes

That currently isn’t possible for resources with the game engine.

CCP’s already said they wanted to have you three resources in one bay, but with this limitation they decided to make each resource with its own bay till a fix xan be found.

1 Like

We do. it’s been clarified in the dev blog. It’s been on Sisi since the beginning. If waste prob hits, you waste as much as you pulled. Unless C crystals that add to waste multiplier.

How about no?

I’d be much calmer if things went anywhere but the one wrong direction.
That’s exactly where they went.

I am mad exactly because the direction was the opposite of right.

1 Like

Will the EHP buff mean they’re going to survive the low effort troll of a day 1 one 1mil SP injected Alpha pilot flying catalyst doing a suicide gank?

1 Like

While I’m disappointed that compression is being postponed, I am happy that there will be more time to focus on the user experience so that when it comes out it is viewed as a net positive. I’m also pleased to see many of the largest nerfs being softened or rolled back.

I don’t think this is going to solve all the issues folks have with the patch, nor do I think it completely resolves the other issues that gave rise to the protests, which were about far more than this patch, but I do think this is a step forward and a sign of good faith from CCP that they are willing to listen and iterate based on feedback from players and the CSM.

20 Likes

Oh come on Brisc, that’s why people can’t treat you seriously.

The nerfs are harder here than the last one. Literally. Get the math before you blabber PLEASE.

3 Likes

He can’t help that mining R64 and R32 will now be significantly longer cause of what changes.

The price it has is also in part that the Orca has been overpowered, and thus overrepresented for a little while now.

Rorqual too tbh.

3 Likes

People will still imagine that they exist, just as they imagine them now. EHP buffs are kind of irrelevant to that.

2 Likes

oh yeah sure , just nerf the Orca even more while everything else has been rolled back or buffed from previous post.

Let’s just slide under the radar that the Orca got nerfed EVEN HARDER than the previous post which was already a nerf.

Aside from the ORCA, yes it’s a path in the right direction.
The Orca i was fine with the 100% and 125% on sisi , it was just missing that extra speed to mining drone and it would of been perfect. Instead they nerfed by half the yield and added the waste encouraging T1 module wasting all the drones skill related to it… Nice.

Rolled back is a bit of a stretch no? Wouldn’t it be “delayed”?

At current prices it had no way into profitability. Now even worse.

1 Like

The time be calm was before they nerfed mining 2 years ago, now its time for a revolt. Quit pissing around CCP and Nerf the guys who field loads and loads of rorqs on one IP address/computer. Nerf the guys who caused this problem in the first place , YOURSELVES.

2 Likes

Orca is not overpowered. Would you rather we go back to a time when the Orca could sit inside of a pos shield and grant boost at no charge / cost for the entire system ? Cause if you don’t want the Orca to be mining , i mean let’s just go right back to that state right ?

3 Likes

welp good bye to my excitement for making mining a team game again solo mine rorqs yay!! boy yall woulda been screwed prior 2017 you mean it actually take a corp well im deleting my account ccp wahh

Do we need 10 mil ISK investment griefing or not. Had it happen to me and since i dont want to deal with it. I switch to something more relaxing to mine. So it took the easy route of Orca’s to mine.