From Extraction To Production: Update

Thoughts
Happy that t1 things have 0 waste
Could we have graphs about gas comparing venture to the barges?
Sad that nothing more will be done on capital manufacturing to lower the price.
Combat endurance seemed nice. Can we still have it?

Thanks for showing you guys can listen sometimes

Except the dev blog still talks about 100% waste probability on T1 modules, so clearly, no, the dev blog has not been clarified. And we know Sisi isn’t updated.

And frankly, if that waste amount remains in place, nobody will use anything but the T1 modules and drones. No point using the more expensive modules/drones and getting less yield when you can make more money by just adding more alts.

2 Likes

@CCP_Psych

You need to return Basic Minerals and ABC Ores to highsec Moons also. This removal removed 99% of the Content from Highsec.

Please revert those changes as well.

3 Likes

It was overshadowing mining barges in mining. It was out tanking the tanky one, and out afking the afk one. That is a problem.

It is an Industrial Command Ship. It’s job is to support a fleet. It always has been, it always was. They overturned it to make the changes they made in lifeblood more attractive. This has been apparent since like 2019. Again, I have been saying the only thing I am pretty sure about this change is that the Orca will go down in value because no rebalance could possibly leave it in that state.

You invest in the FOTM, you eventually get your party shut down. Its mining potential was just too good for how AFK it was. It promoted terrible answers as often the “best” ones.

5 Likes

He means he didn’t know how waste worked, and thus we couldn’t evaluate it.
That was clarified and we could evaluate it. And hell, T2 modules waste is basically unchanged.

From what I saw the multiplier of what got wasted was 1 for everything except the C crystals which were much higher. The variation seems to only be in the chance it wastes, not how much it wastes.

We did know how it worked. We’d worked that out and confirmed it through CCP and the CSM.

It was. Is it now? Because now there are ‘additive’ multipliers. Well if they’re additive, what are they being added to?

2 Likes

I am talking about the guy I was replying to.
He was literally asking “how much of a rock you waste?”

We do. it’s been clarified in the dev blog. It’s been on Sisi since the beginning. If waste prob hits, you waste as much as you pulled. Unless C crystals that add to waste multiplier.

Only its not 1 on all the modules as you have been to sisi and seen the original

1 Like

You read wrong it’s been made worse. You now dont want to use t2 laser with t2 crystals on the high-end stuff. That’s bad. Cause 44% from 34% mean R32 and R64 are going to take longer. Which is not something people are going to like, who got to mine that stuff.

They delayed some things, rolled back others, softened others, left some the same.

My point is they made a number of changes based on player feedback, which is more than many people expected them to do. When somebody does things I’ve asked them to do, I acknowledge it and say thank you.

18 Likes

That’s what I said earlier. You basically HAVE to use T1 on everything that’s money. Which is basically everything you mine, actually, because everything else just gets left to decay.

1 Like

THAT WAS ME. JFC.

2 Likes

Yes!!! it’s a end goal to reach for a SOLO account Miner! Now they won’t have any goal past the exhumer. The Next goal would be the Rorqual. where’s the in between the 2 ?

Go down in value magically ? It’s not priced by how OP it was. it’s price on the capital components it requires to make… Those won’t change, in fact it might even increase.

4 Likes

I don’t think you can make that argument in good faith. And my point about the net positive was in reference to what I hope to see from the compression changes when they’re reworked to not be the insane time sink waste of time they were in the original post.

3 Likes

Orca got hit hard, huge reduction in yield, decent increase in fuel usage, no increase in boosting (over what is already on SiSi), no compression. Going to see a lot of Orcas on the market soon.

4 Likes

Fair point, it was one part me being cheeky and one part not wanting people to get the impression that compression, including it’s loss, is likely coming eventually. The main problem was the technical problem of loading the ore for the compressor.

1 Like

Well the data graphs are made in a way that is pretty much impossible to compare what is actually happening with stats. Well done! First you try to hide the details behind alliance tournament and hope no one see them. Next you post them with totally bad and misleading graphs, since nothing displays the old numbers for easy comparition.

This is all in par with the week of silence and messages stating to suck it up.

1 Like

Yep , my sub finish in feb , i don’t think will be continuing my sub after that. maybe in a year or 5 years when they go back to the Orca and realise how they F’d it up i might make a return.

to anyone reading this , no you may not have my assets.

1 Like

For the crystals that is ADDED on top of normal waste MULTIPLIER.

So A and B add 0 additional waste, leaving it at whatever the module says.

C crystals ADDS 18 to the multiplier making it somewhere between 18 and 19x for the waste multiplier.

They are specifying it is additive because if you multiplied your waste with this bonus it would zero out. It also means the moduals that have 0x multipliers can still make waste with C crystals.

1 Like