From Extraction To Production: Update

It’s all T1, all the time. Which ship you use will depend not on what you mine, but on how you mine. If you’ve got time, you’ll use the Rorq no matter what you’re mining, so you can carry more of it with the same number of characters.

Ok… increase the waste multiplier on Type Cs then.

I am pushing for that

1 Like

Not at all.
Any activity I undertake is based on how long it will take to complete X for Y profit.
If you were making 200mil isk p/h doing X and it now takes you 3hrs to make the same isk - You’re not making more isk, just putting in more time for the same isk.
I for years ran 1 Rorqual and 8 Exhumers to meet my needs and was able to make the isk I needed to pay for my PVP activities. If I have to put more time in to make the same isk, I don’t get to PVP which is why I play Eve.

All my indy chars are unsubbed - and staying that way until mining and industry is again in a good place - because I don’t want the game to become an unpaid part time job again.

1 Like

yeah sounds fine for me but,
What about safty the roqual requires some protection to be fielded.
If thats possible im completly behind how you stated it.
Otherwise it will just be also t1 barge for moons generall and for the nothing worth normal ore (atleast in 0.0) B type
(OMG i did gave a CSM right …)

If you can’t provide enough security for a ship that can PANIC, yeah, don’t use it.

No you didn’t. With abstract yield of 100 per minute base, you get 369 removed from rock with B, and 448 per minute with C. That nets us 21.4% difference in rock deletion speed. Kinda shite tbh.

That is if you are a troll.
I was more in line with a usual miner wishing to delete worthless rocks to respawn an anom. Why would I cut my yield by more than 10 times, if it’ll only save me a few minutes? I’d rather have that rock. Need more time saved for type C to be usable.

oooof, I am not going that hardcore - anything that is limitless supply ie anoms or R4 for sure - just going to use rorquals - waste isn’t a big deal as they respawn with more ore etc. Then again, I am feeding less months than much larger groups

This.

Type C yield is too low to be useful.

That is kind of the idea……

Or do you means the .25 x18 = 4.5 is too low to be useful as PvP?

The C-type crystals are intended as pvp applications, not housekeeping. Don’t go looking for them to be balanced in favor of something that isn’t their purpose.

That.

I would expect to delete rocks significantly faster than the speed of normal mining if I’m barely getting ore out of it for myself.

1 Like

That is nowhere near limitless. Athanors take a lot of fuel. Fuel was short supply in scarcity too.
Anoms have two kinds of rocks in them. 1% worth mining, and 99% which you wish you could just doomsday the hell out of that anom. Nothing will convince me to compromise on that 1%, and not much things can convince me to mine the rest…

I consider “pvp application” downright silly and would use them for housekeeping nonetheless.

Use Type C on the 99% then

Also - I am talking NS here - there will be different decisions for HS and maybe LS. As most R4 in NS is just on a moon where there is R64 and will almost never get mined anyway

I thought @Kenneth_Feld came up with the idea for Type Cs and it was explicitly to clear out unwanted ore (with the bonus of pvp mining). Did I misremember what he said on TIS?

I would rather use type B. Because it’s only 21% slower, while I get 12 times more stuff for it.
Type C is just not fast enough to be useful.

Ok, well, next time you use a hammer as a screwdriver, call up Craftsman and complain to them about how their ball-peen screwdriver sucks.

First mistake: listening to anything said on TiS. I mean, Hilmar’s been pushing that idea for years. So…

No, I did NOT come up with type C

My contribution to the dev blog is solely limited to the skill and crystal squish (meaning skill categories)

Thank you ccp!

Wasn’t me who said that. :wink:

Anyway, when type C drains a rock less than twice as fast as type B (89% increase in speed) but has 7.2 times less yield than type B, it feels completely pointless: you’re still taking ages to break an asteroid but now you also get nothing for it.

If you were to use type B crystals instead, you would take less than twice as long but you also gain over 7 times more ore. Why would anyone pick type C for whatever reason?

Suggestion: triple the yield of type C.

• Yield of type C per cycle would still be 2.4 times less than type A and type B, so no option for regular mining
  • destroying a rock is now 6 times faster than type B.

Now people can choose to sacrifice more than half their yield in order to destroy asteroids faster. That seems like a much better option.

If tripling the yield is too much, it at least needs to be doubled.

Or don’t increase the yield at all, but just increase the waste. If I’m going to use type C crystals it should either destroy rocks a little faster and give me some yield, or destroy rocks significantly faster with no yield.

As it is now, type C is pretty much no yield and also barely an improvement over type B in cutting the time to destroy a rock.