From Extraction To Production: Update

Yet, still they do it, Zhalyd. I sometimes wonder whether it isn’t that aspect of the mining gameplay which actually brings them satisfaction.

Have you not seen them publish statements like: ‘I mine because I find it relaxing’? It seems to come with the territory.

As for the auto-loading (and unloading) of guns, it is clear in the minds of the CCP designers that they want the PvP players to be able to concentrate on the battlefield; they won’t be watching Netflix!

I cant stand this. CCP had a damn - near perfect plan from the get go. all you idiots couldnt settle down and actually read the fine print and see what was givin to you. The new waste mech alows you to easly eat threw crappy rocks in anoms you need to cycle like bistot, while slowly and compleatly mining out things like mercoxic. further more, the nerfs to rorqs solo minig abilitys and buffs to its support abilitys would of allowed easyer access to mining thats worth while, coupled with what looked like a pritty solid plan for redoing mining mods/crystls… Why cant you guys just see the big picture and be happy withs whats GIVEN?! especially sense now its worse… good job guys! on us! all of us. for being ■■■■■■■ idiots and whining about issues that are all made up.

3 Likes

Right now, mining and compression does not require this kind of menial task and nothing is automated. Or do you have anything automated right now? If you have anything automated in the current processes, would you mind giving me examples of this automation? I would love to use them, too.

REDNES

Believe it or not I find it engaging to watch cycles complete and the hold fill up, I’m up for cracking on Netflix mining (or any out-of-station afk activity for what it matters)

Maybe I am wildly wrong or am I the only one that noticed a pattern in this patch of increased presence checks? I believe those tasks are being added by design to make sure you are there pressing buttons. This is the same patch in which they are removing drones aggressive behavior for PvE after all

2 Likes

It does not take twice as long. I mathed out yield from what is on the test sever. So type a crystal with max Rorq boosts with a mindlink has a cycle time of 41.2 sec on a max yield hulk. So a type b with its 20% less so that should but it at around 32.96 sec cycle times. A T1 strip hulk with a 5% implant on the test server mines 3570 m3 per cycle at 41.2 sec per cycle comes out to about 311k m3 per hour. With type b with same hulk at 4182 m3 per cycle at 32.96 sec per cycle comes out to about 456 m3 per hour. Now some math was done by a guy in my alliance that with type b crystals you have a 46% chance to waste one strip per cycle and with two its almost 41% to waste both per cycle. Now for the best part say you have 10 of those hulks mining a 5mil m3 moon it would take what about 1.5 hours to mine it right? well the t2 with b crystals would say a bit over a hour for the same moon. Now say those hulks only waste 20% then that puts you at around 4 mil m3 for that hr or so of mining but for the extra 30 mins of work you get 1 million more m3 by using t1.

Take the price of Xenotime at 1.775 mil per 1k m3 at refine value, the t1 fit hulk fleet makes around 8.875 bil for 1.5 hours. That comes to 887.5 per hulk at about 591 mil per hour. The t2 hulks come out to about 7 bil and that comes out to about 700 mil per toon per hour. For an extra 30 mins the t1 fleet makes almost 200 mil more per person. This is why people say use t1 for everything what is 30 extra mins to mine that moon? Honestly what CCP should do is make the skills for the crystals reduce waste chance per level to maybe 10-15% waste chance with max skills.

Presence checks can be done in other ways than requiring people to repeatedly click the same buttons over and over and over and over. That might have been a good activity in DUST 514 where Rattati probably got this idea from, but in EVE it’s a hideously annoying thing to do and has no positive gameplay impact. As said before, it’s just lazy and unimaginative.

The what now? Source? When they last tried this, it worked wonderfully and killed reasonably drone aggression upon module activation (which just introduced more clicks without any added benefits for people who don’t afk rat) or drone assist and drone guarding as well.

I think it’s fairly clear, Lodemal, that CCP is concerned about the lack of engagement with the game from some ‘players’.

The Players will maintain, of course, that if CCP made their lives more interesting, they’d engage more. Except that, as you can see, higher engagement levels are not exactly what they’re looking for.

From my point of view, many miners/industrialists (and others, of course) simply want to be wealthy, successful - and left alone.

There are always those who resist change and those predisposed to embrace it (especially if it benefits them over others).

I grew up hearing adults around me saying ‘Well, a change is as good as a rest!’ Perhaps that’s how I acquired my indomitable optimism!

3 Likes

This phrase translates into “Variability works wonders” in my language. Great how clicking the ever same buttons to compress ore in your ship is the exact opposite of “variability” or “change”.

REDNES

“Drones will therefore no longer automatically attack NPCs when their behavior is set to aggressive and instead will rely on player-issued commands to initiate action against a designated target. We are making this change to ensure that NPC killing activities move closer towards attentive player interactions and rely much less on low or no attention gameplay.”

Source: Upcoming Changes to Drone Aggression

That is from 2020 and was reverted days later because of the mentioned issues. Most importantly because the “player-issued command” was the F key and nothing else.

Also, this guy sums it up pretty nicely: Upcoming Changes to Drone Aggression - #35 by Mizhara_Del_thul This is what “active presence checker compression” is like, too.

REDNES

2 Likes

Oh ■■■■ you are right, I don’t know why I was sure it was a new thing

EDIT: I was because it is in the top of the list of posts tagged as “Upcoming Features & Changes” and is from the month of November >.<

I wonder why people engage in activities they find boring though…

Occam disagrees.

If only CCP would still use this forum to discuss “upcoming features and changes” instead of throwing that stuff into Announcements.

Because it is a way to earn ISK for ships for other things? :thinking: Shocker, right?

And you have to use compression with a Rorqual so that your fleet can mine longer without interruptions. My corp doesn’t use Rorquals for our mining ops because it’s too dangerous. We have someone, usually someone’s alt, who ship the mined ore from a container to the structure every minute. It’s an alt because why would you possibly want to degrade someone in your corp to this repetitive task for several hours? That’s the same level of “engagement as this proposed module compression”.

REDNES

Not really, Zhalyd. If what you were doing before was - as an example - watching Netflix with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other, then there has most definitely been change (though you mightn’t appreciate it).

Anyway, patience is the true enemy of boredom. CCP’s error has been that they are often to be found attempting to defend polar opposite positions within the same game.

You speak German, I think? You probably have your own version of the following Russian proverb:

‘If you try to catch two hares at the same time, you’ll not bag either of them!’

I appreciate the changes but you guys are still off the mark. Barges shouldn’t have any waste at all… Why the hell are you so attached to this? I’d anything at all it should be only excavators that produce waste as a way to bring the rorq in line…

1 Like

It does upset me how much backlash things like the Endurance gaining some actual teeth got(with some tweaking, it could have been fairly reasonable)

people were making statements like ‘its a better astero/cloaky worm’ and such, and frankly, to get those DPS numbers, it had to give up majority of its mining capability, use the expensive augmented drones, and still(with originally planned update) was slower than a 400mm plated Ishkur and much slower than a tanked kiting worm, as a shield ship. Not to mention its anemic basic target lock range of 20km, limiting it from being the ‘super powerful small ship’ so many people were screaming about.

@CCP_Swift , I’ve already given my thoughts on it privately to others, but I hope that it gets to retain some of these new teeth when they are looked at again. a 10% damage bonus would drop the supposedly ‘crazy’ dps it got to something reasonable, though frankly I think that, with t2 drones it hitting just under the 300 range was reasonable, considering the drones were still squishy without an HP bonus so were easy to defang if prepared for

1 Like

Did you have the 5% implant on the T2? And why did you not run the figures on the type B, only doing rough maths?

Seems like you have your finger on the scales here my friend.

the problem though is you lose alot boost % without a running industry core, and having it run will make you extreamly vulnurable… and is quite expensive.

all this effort to resolve imaginary issues is almost laughable. the real issue wasnt scarcity itself. the real issue was redistribuiton. The notion that industry would somehow be better if we removed ore types by region so that market transactions were the only way to build ships. logistics driving the need for compression. it is a frankenstein monster of CCP’s own creation and now we have bride of Frankenstein to divert us from the real issue. lipstick on a pig doesnt change the fact that it is a pig.
I know, its too late to fix the fiasco that was redistribuiton, and the shooting crowd would rise up if we took all the easy hauling targets away, but lets be honest. no matter how complex and convolutted we make mining, these changes dont add fun gameplay, just more complexity.

4 Likes