From Extraction To Production: Update

Well said.

THIS.

I used the same calculation for this as the other yields, Yield per Cycle is 450 * 0.25 Mining Amount Bonus. As best I can tell it comes out to 112.5, Mind walking me through it and showing me what’s wrong? Will be useful once they re-release the module changes :roll_eyes:

There has been multiple changes and multiple rants about this current in development update.

The suggested addition of waste mechanics to the additional +100% (30% for one specific resource) is a great addition.

Ideally it’s release could have been released in a positive manner.

BONUS RESOURCE EFFECTS
As I see it most modules mine roughly similarly to what they do on the live server, but have an additional feature that plays with the +100% bonus resources.

Ideally I would have gone with the following;

Module / chance of resource maintained / failure yield modifier

Mining lasers/strip miner
T1 / 0% / x1
Meta / 67% / x2
T2 / 67% / x1
ORE / 100% / na

Mining drones
T1 / 0% / x1
T2 / 25% / x1
Augmented / 50% / x1
H / 75% / x1
Excavator / 25% x1

SKILL ADDITIONS And then add to Mining and Mining Drone skills a +2% modifier per level to chance of resource maintained. On top of that another +2% for each level of specialization skill, and also another +2% per level of resource processing skill.

This would mean by the time you get to use T2 modules or drones you have an +12% modifier, and with a maximum of +30% modification with maximum skill levels.

This means with maximum skills T2 would maintain all the bonus resources and use of crystals being the only additional modifications.
It would also mean Factional drones, except the Excavator will be similarly benefit from high skills.

This would make it beneficial to train skills and for using T2, where the current release version of this makes the T1 equivalent to the ORE in yield/cycle/waste chance, and also same yield as a T2 with T1 type A & B crystal.

Ideally a T1 module should never be better than a T2 module with a crystal installed. Currently this isn’t the case.

COMPRESSION
Same thing could be applied to compression cycle times.

Ideally love to citadels change to the modular system the industry command ships have proposed, but improve the efficiency to Rorqual lvls with extended cycle times, and this expands as the resource quantities increase.

This means structures would be limited to what it can compress due to number of modules they can install or spend resources to switch out compression modules.

The question is length of cycle times and resource quantity amount, and the quantity required for each time increase

Yeah, not interested in Eve being a second job again. I used to mine with a Rorqual, freighter and Hulks [before the rorqual could mine] and the click drag every cycle just isn’t fun or compelling game play.

I’m actually considering just doing lvl 5’s to keep 1 or 2 accounts subbed because mining and building capitals, how I used to make the majority of my isk, is now such a pita it isn’t worth it.
I could probably even just sell off all my caps and supers and never have to worry about isk again but I’m holding out hope that they may one day be useful again without the need to be in a mega group.

1 Like

since CCP have reduced the total amount of ore in the game, could it be considered to remove NPC mining fleets completely?

1 Like

you kind of need those to get some faction skins, bpcs and modules, of course they could always wall those in the faction LP store…

Sure, just kill them wherever you find them.

Please include the mining frigates in future before/after graphs.

The Expedition frigates are not and should not be a new player mining ship.
They are expensive, require considerable skill investment and should be advanced mining ships for advanced purposes.

1 Like

The mining frigates are not being changed in this upcoming patch, with the exception of adding the new bays. There are some plans for them in the future, and we agree that they are specialized mining ships.

6 Likes

lol just lol ‘CCP’ hey guys we are giving back gifts for the natives ‘eve player base’ wouao thx ccp

Whilst I can respect that
I personally believe that the Venture should be left well alone, as it’s been perfect forever, and is everyones First Mining Ship™.
If you wanna have some more specialization, introduce different mining frigates which do different things:

Venture – T1 Ore Miner
Prospect – T2 Ore Miner

“enter new ship name here” – T1 Ice Miner
Endurance – T2 Ice Miner

“enter new ship name here” – T1 Gas Harvester
“enter new ship name here” – T2 Gas Harvester

Make it so all T1 Mining Frigates have the same skill requirements to use, which allows accessibility for new players to go Gas and Ice mining right out of the rookie systems

Just my opinion, but I think my suggestion would be nice and simple

2 Likes

in proposed change Prospect gain -5% duration instead mining amount. if you can keep that change - it will be great for ninja mining (mining amount per minute is same)
also will be good to introduce new green and blue mining modules. ORE modules not that good per their prices

The orca siege is WAY to long for only 15% Ither bring marauders up to match the orca siege, or bring the orca down to match it. @ CCP Psych Dont ruin the orca you are so close to fixing this.

1 Like

If even that is too much work it sounds like we are talking about afk mining, which is pretty clearly something CCP is trying to make more inconvenient. Looks like it’s working

1 Like

@CCP_Psych and Porpoise?

For ore mining you can have the exact same effect by disabling the module early. You do not need to reach the end of the cycle like for ice

What he described is lazy development to force menial tasks without any redeeming and positive value on people and call it “meaningful experience”. It has nothing to do with AFK mining if someone thinks that repeating the same clicks ad nausseam for hours. It’s unrewarding, unimaginative and ungrateful gameplay from someone who has no idea how to create something better – and what’s worse, it even punishes you for engaging in this menial, bot-like activity with compression loss.

It is beyond me how someone could possibly think that repeatedly loading ammo into a module to make it work could possibly be a good feature, let alone try to come up with arguments that it should be considered good gameplay.

For guns, which also ammo, we have Reload Automatically and Auto-Repeat On. If CCP really wants people to do this “load ore into module to compress” crap, they should let it do the loading and compressing automatically. The time aspect is irrelevant, but the repetitiveness of the task degrades actual human players to bot-like behavior.

REDNES

1 Like

i like this. First decent suggestion ive seen on the compression thing (apologies if its been mentioned before and i missed it)

If you don’t like it then mining is not for you, surely the solution is not to automate everything so one can just ignore it completely and go watch a movie while it keeps mining by itself

1 Like