From Extraction To Production: Update

There are very few 50 man mining fleets in HS, There are gaggles of people not associated in any way ice mining in HS. And you used the bombers in Null where good protocol for mining fleets is to bubble all of the gates and have instalockers inside the bubbles to ruin your day. Null is not the problem, LS and HS are. Since the mindless dev’s segregated the ores in to different security zones mining was supposed to be improved and people were to go to the different sectors to mine all of the ores needed for production, then CCP nerfed the tanks and removed the mid slots on shield tanked ships, made the Orca’s shield boosters and let the gankers have a smorgasbord.

It is far from time to fix the Dev’s deliberate attack on miners. Or will I be reading about the Eve server shutting down permanently due to loss of players? The Gankers will not be plentiful enough to keep the systems and Air Conditioning running.

You used a covetor and yet you say the proc has a small hold. The covetor has a smaller hold than the proc. You picked a ship because it mined fast and had little defense then cry about not being able to fight back. Pick the ship that has great defense while still being able to mine in a semi-hostile environment.

Yes I do realize the 6% has not happened yet. I said in the notes they are getting a bonus. That bonus is PER skill level for Barges/Exhumer.
SO, at level 5 the proc will have an extra 30% shield and armor hitpoints to its base, which while it might look small, is significant.
The skiff with have that exact same bonus, plus 4% per level. Meaning at level 5 it gets a 20% bonus to its resist.
They will have similar if not just slightly better tank than before if you use the rigs correctly.

And thet is my point exactly, you say players can choose, but the reality you just pointed out is that 4 of the 6 mining vessels, T1 and T2, are only able to be used in quiet null sec systems with little traffic. the little ventures and the expedition ships are better than the mining frigates of the faction days, but are not able to mine fast enough nor hold enough ore to make them worthwhile miners. They are not a replacement for Exhumers, just more survivable in most busy systems. And they are schtako at harvesting Ice, if at all for 2 of the Expedition ships. You can only fit one Ice Miner to an Expedition ship.

It wasn’t my problem, OreGrabber. Rather, Cara mentioned it. I don’t think the Faction matters. If you’re -10.00 you basically have problems with everyone.

Technically, the skill requirements for a T1 ganker are negligible, as we all know. T2 takes a bit longer, but it is fieldwork which takes the time. Does the would-be ganker have the patience and confidence to bang away at it until he/she gets it right?

Some of the new players don’t make it. Bolstered by reading comments which imply that any fool can be a Highsec ganker, they find, to their dismay, that they have to learn mathematical calculations, to do recon, to know the characteristics of the ships and players they’re likely to encounter, to understand the differences between CONCORD, the FacPo, and the Navies. …

But I digress. Repairing sec status is undertaken in specific circumstances, usually with time and opportunity as determining factors. I’m sure you know all this. Dallying about with Career Agents is rarely a suitable option.

A lot of people who gank are not -10 and some who have ganked me were not even yellow, much less red.
Create a new toon, add 1 skill injector and voila you have you new ganker with 0 sec status.

1 Like

@CCP_Psych
I just want to point it out that the CIC cannot be fitted in the Orca anymore Fixplease

-10 should not be allowed above .5 systems, and if they get caught, pod them back to where they came from, If Triglavian, and other NPC’s can pod so can the Concord/Fac Navies. Based on sec status alone.
The -10’s can use a clean alt to do anything the need to in HS. If they need to do sec remediation CCP could allow a LS equivalent to Career agents for grinding sec status back above -2 If they don’t care about sec status do not allow them thru the gates to HS. It would be like a permanent aggression timer.

1 Like

You can only fit one ice miner to the Endurance. But that is a special benefit unique to that hull: it can only use one mining turret, but due to the bonuses that one mining turret mines for two lasers of any other miner. This allows the Endurance more fitting freedom as it only needs 2 slots for a cloak + mining laser, the last slot can be used for a probe scanner or salvager.

It would be nice if the Prospect could get something similar, as it currently is a hassle for gas huffing to fit 2 gas huffers, a cloak and probe launcher in 3 high slots.

In case of ice mining and maximum yield fits, the Endurance currently has 94% of the yield of a Procurer. This makes the Endurance a serious option for ice mining if you like the added survivability of flying a cloaky frigate.

I just really hope that the mining balance doesn’t increase the yield gap between expedition frigates and barges.

2 Likes

Do not make the mistake of thinking PvPers need anyone else to make their ships and modules for them. I personally have made more ships than I have lost and I’ve lost plenty.

Pick better locations to mine in. I use Hulks in lowsec. Its a quiet system so I have nothing to worry about. Be aware of the systems surrounds and what happens in the area. If I can use the better/faster mining ships I will, if I think I have a high chance of being ganked I switch to proc/skiff. It’s not difficult. You are just making it seem worse than it really is because you are so use to your carebear nullsec.

There is a huge difference between “AFK” and “Semi Passive”.

You obviously never mined before Rorqual/Orca changes [circa 2014].
But ok, define what you “think” afk mining is so I can clearly respond in context. To me it sounds like you don’t know what “AFK” game play is.

Not wanting to engage in a painful clickfest where you literally can’t take your eyes off your monitor/s for hours at a time isn’t fun or compelling game play.

Mining is probably next to gate camping a system with no traffic as far as tedium goes and CCP want to increase that by making the only viable way to mine even more click intensive.

2 Likes

I have an endurance and I get more in my hulk without bonuses than the endurance gives me. Ice is harvested by unit/cycle, but normal mining is by M3/sec If the Endurance was faster per cycle it might be a replacement candidate. The bottom line is Ice is needed for structure fuel and capital ship fuel. It will be more in demand as the number of structures goes up and the cap fleets get bigger.
The gap BTW mining frigates and specialized miners should be greater The cost is greater for the T2 Exhumers and they need to be better miners/harvesters.

Yes, I compared the Endurance to the Procurer, which is a more valid comparison as the price category and safety is alike.

As a Hulk mines much more than a Procurer, it also mines much more than an Endurance.

There is a significant gap in yield between expedition frigates and a Hulk. What I was talking about is the gap between mining frigates and the slower yield (non-Covetor) barges, that gap should exist, but shouldn’t be big. As there already is a big gap in yield between the slower yield barges and an exhumer like the Hulk, there certainly will be a gap in yield between the Hulk and expedition frigates. But CCP is aware of that gap.

They may not be aware of the gap in yield between Expedition frigates and barges, as they haven’t taken expedition frigates into account in their yield comparison graphs and have been talking about ‘yield buffs to barges’ while also reverting all changes to the mining frigates. That would increase the yield gap between barges and frigates, which I’m trying to avoid.

CCP Devs

Why do the Dev’s not go back to the specialized better performing exhumer strategy we had years ago?
One could specialize in ice, one for gas and one for ore? All can do all 3 but with less bonus for the other 2 types.
Remember when the Hulk had 3 strip miners and good bonuses for ore, the Mack/Skiff was an Ice Harvesting demon. now only the Hulk/Proc are a little better than the other 2. So in effect CCP should either do away with 3 ships of barges/Exhumers and have one ALL AROUND GOOD MINING CRUISER with T2 variant. and refund all mining barge and exhumer ships/bpo’s and bpc’s or just fix the nerfed miners. I like the Venture/Expedition Frigs, now make a cruiser equivalent and stop messing us around.

We want to mine/Harvest the most amount and be safe while doing it. IDC which path you take, but fix this mess you have left us with.

Thank you all for the great discussion and feedback so far.

The OP has been updated with the following information:

• Mining Crystals stats have been updated
  • Inserted Note: On initial release Type C crystals will not trigger a PvP timer. This will be revisited after release.
  • Attributes & Bonuses for Barges/Exhumers have been published
  • Attribute changes for mining modules and drones have been published

Disclaimer: Singularity has not been updated with the above information yet.

4 Likes

Seriously you want to compare a T2 Frig with a Medium sized Mining ship? Where in Eve are Frigates equivalent to Battle Cruisers?

What I was talking about is getting mining fixed in the barge/exhumer class of ships. It is pathetic now. Almost as if it were deliberate.

If CCP wants to end all barges and upscale the Mining frigates to actual equivalency, I’m OK with that. Where they go from there is anybodies guess. Gankers will hate having to overcome the +2 to warp strength. and the quick align time of the frigs.
For serious fleet mining I want a Battle Cruiser equivalent Miner. If mining is going to be fixed do it right and with style and panash.

I never said they should be equivalent.

I just said the gap in mining yield shouldn’t become bigger.

Thank Goodness CCP doesn’t agree with you!

You feel strongly, I get it.

CCP Psych,

Do the graphs/values above show a greater difference between the ORE strip miners and T1/T2s? I still feel like the ORE should be significantly different from the two main line items as it is a faction module that is found is a very specific region of NPC nullsec. It should be great enough people want to use it for its price (similar to deadspace and officer mods)

You mean multiplying few times EHP of barges? No matter how much OP you gonna try to make module itself. isk/ehp will make it gank/hunter magnet anyway. Only useful situation would be mining under null safety. Which don’t need buff