From Extraction to Production

Fitting image for the patch.

Gut feeling is quite a few miners will be aligning to the nearest star, then warp straight into its core XD

You could have introduced a sort of limited subsystem approach to existing hulls and let players micromanage their fit. Made more sense, to me at least - but then again, I’m a dev, I don’t mind things getting more complex.

That waste mechanic is there to… what exactly? Either you boost an aspect or you don’t.
Instead of going through the pain of explaining it like you did, you should have simply said “you’re wasting 50% of the amount when mining without proper gear” - I’m not even sure if I understood that, to be fair. Sure, I’m not a native English speaker, but my gut feeling tells me that’s not the language barrier that’s causing the issue.

It would have been easier to just say “hey… you have 100% chances by default to waste 50% of the maximum output of that module; the better the gear, the lower the waste chances AND the lower the waste”. How you implemented it, modifier or whatnot, was something else. And I’m a dev, not just enduser to complain about a poor user experience.

Will the NPC mining fleets be defaulting to worst-in-slot modules, to further mess up the resource harvesting on the player side? You know, by maximizing waste?

5 Likes