I also don’t want to spend 7 hours sitting next to an Athanor hit the compressor button every 4.5minutes.
From the dev blog:
Compression in stations will have a different efficiency depending on the type of resource that is being compressed, except moon compression will not be available. Compression will still be instantaneous but will be less efficient than in-space compression.
Is the endurance meant to have 1 turret slot still? Based on the new bonuses it looks like it should have 2 like the Prospect, but currently it has 1 on the test server. With one turret it mines less than half of a Venture now.
No, that’s not how the math works on this. Once you factor in everything (ore hold sizes, drone travel time, warping to athanor to dump fuel, etc) 1 pre-nerf Rorq = 2 post nerf Hulks (if you have boosts). So to replace the yield from 1 Rorq, you still need that Rorq + two alts in Hulks. The Hulks will be BLOPs hunted and you’ll eventually down ship to procurers to replace losses easier and will need more alts. It’s cash grab requiring mining to use stupid amounts of multiboxing to achieve the same ISK / hr they can now. Without subbing more accounts mining makes HALF what it currently does. Do the math or find someone like Angry Mustache that did if you can’t.
Thank you all for the feedback so far. Keep it coming. We did push everything to the test server for a reason!
Below you can see a non-exhaustive list of things we will be looking into immediately (well from Monday on):
• Revisiting all cycle times for all compression modules
• Reducing the Orca Industrial Core cycle duration
• All Waste Probabilities will be revisited. We will be looking into using the same profile for drones as in modules
• Ways to bring back gas harvesting bonuses to frigates. This might have a further effect of introducing Barges/Exhumers gas bonuses
• Potential increase of fitting attributes for Barges/Exhumers
• Adjusting the Porpoise main and specialized holds
• What the implication would be if we allow moon ore compression with a 90% efficiency in structures
• Adding a PvP timer when Type C crystals are used in highsec.
• Changing the pre-requisites for Gas/Ice compression skills
• Potential increase of high slots for the Orca and the Porpoise
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
• We haven’t made a decision yet if waste should be taken into account in the industry index calculations. Feel free to discuss pros and cons in this thread.
• Mining Missions will be addressed before release. Finalizing quantities will be determined by where we will end up on the waste probabilities profile for T1 modules.
I would like to say thank you for listening to us. Even if not all the changes to the plan we’ve posted here are acted on, you are at least showing that you are willing to listen. That’s what we’re asking for, so again, thank you.
Clearly you have not properly listened. Rorquals are still being hit hard, And why should my 10b investment, 5 min pin cycle, And 6 - 9 months training mine LESS than a Covetor that takes 2 weeks to train and is 50m…
A pleasure to see these additional changes and adjustments @CCP_Psych , thank you for bringing them forward, and I look forward to more. Keep pushing, keep taking things into account, but keep seeing it through.
Not sure what all that was about. You appear to be responding to imaginary words I never said, while quoting ones I did say like they’re the same thing.
Irrelevant, since the definition of efficiency will now change.
Irrelevant. I don’t care what benefits them, or whether what they believe is true or false. You seem to have me confused with them. If they’re wrong about it hurting them, go tell them that if it bothers you that they misunderstand. Again, you’re acting like you’re responding to me, but are basically just sounding off on a straw man of your imagination.
Rorq, maybe, I haven’t really looked at the rorq because I don’t care about it. Your point on this one may well be valid, but it’s best directed elsewhere, than at me.
The Orca is fine with the compact core mod. It’s not crippled at all.
As for your specific playstyle and all that stuff about range, I already addressed that previously, which you’re just ignoring. Not everyone is going to find it as difficult to adapt as you, or come to the same conclusions.
When people start going in circles like this, it’s time to close off. Thank you for your replies. It’s a shame we couldn’t see eye to eye, but that tends to happen if you ignore what they say and just project on to them. Have a good evening.