From Extraction to Production

As a heavy industrialist with an interest in things… the changes aren’t perfect but they are still massive and I feel largely will have a positive impact. @CCP_Dopamine @CCP_Rattati , consider this space ■■■■■ impressed and optimistic

14 Likes

aha this

1 Like

Hello!! :raising_hand_man:

Awesome that belts are getting bigger. Rocks could be bigger too.

Boo! higher resists for barges. Yay extra mid for rettie.

Don’t know about waste. Let’s see.

5 Likes

REMOVE this ■■■■ from Battleships and Faction ships
R E M O V E
not six months from now, ■■■■■■■ yesterday

9 Likes

Dang dude, y’all been a little busy. Looks super interesting. Two unclear questions from reading the blog post:

1. Is ice no longer 1 cycle = 1 unit? It used to be pretty fundamental that way. The very first Mining Waste example with Blue Ice implies this is changing, but it is never explicitly mentioned in the blog post.
  2. The post mentions “high waste mining of opponents’ resources via updated mining crystals that increase harvesting at the cost of increased waste” which seems like Type B (increased yield at cost of increased waste), and Type A is your “regular” crystal. So what is Type C for with bad yield and even higher waste designed for? If the goal is economic warfare, it sounds slower than mining with Type B and just deleting ore from your hold.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Its so great to know that you continue to force solo people away from mining, you basically gave us double the possible ore but worse ability to mine it. Rorqs better drop down to like 3 bil fully fitted because they are basically an orca now. Solo players can skill into a barge in like 20 days and that’s all you wanna give them to aspire to? nice. Good to know I basically hit the ceiling right away and cant do any better as a solo player, thanks for the further punishment

39 Likes

honestly impressive however low the bar is set you manage to go lower ccp
what ever little reason people had to log in and undock is slowly being stripped away by you

44 Likes

And not to mention the prices of ice materials. When they finally brought ice back to nullsec it prices dropped almost 50% due to the influx of way more ice. So if that happens again whos going to waist time mining ice anymore. Man CCP you need to pull your heads out of your asses.

5 Likes

While you’re reworking the expedition frigates, can you go ahead and hit that “allowed to fit industrial cyno” checkbox like you did for the t1 venture.

12 Likes

So it took years to get in a rorqual with max skills, I invest in a fleet of rorquals and now any small ship with max skills with outmine a rorqual… are you kidding? do you have any respect for our time and all the investment we made?

Drone Ice Harvesting Speed Bonus -20 -75 -30 -80

It goes from 75% to 20%! Really!

This is a f***k you to all the rorquals pilots! No respect for the players at all.

46 Likes

But now you have less ice in a belt when you mine and compress with a rorqual…

For each unit you mine with ice excavators you also mined 1 waste . Which means the 200% of ice available is back to normal. If you now compress said mined ice you lose another 21% …So overall less ice in a belt.

15 Likes

They should just have the balls to say they dont want indy players anymore. We just want pay to win PVPers

41 Likes

What a great way to continue to kill industry…

47 Likes

better yeilds
better belts

nerf to the cancer that was solo rorqs

Buff to fleet mining

give and take on time vs efficiency

significant reduction in the cost to build capitals

Eve playerbase

REEEEEEE you would nerf things even more

25 Likes

just like bdo, and people told me i was wrong when i said pearl abyss is now in controll, they did the same crap with bdo…

11 Likes

Well at least you reduced the amount of skills required. You want people to skill into pvp. so now lets look at skills for PI and that lvl 5 wait…

2 Likes

I don’t think enough people are recognizing this historic buff to the Primae.

25 Likes

So far looks good to me
Anyone quitting indy: Can I have your stuff ? I got a LOT of mining to do

11 Likes

It was not nerfed. It just requires you to bring a couple more Rorquals and they are still incredibly tanky, especially under umbrellas and easy to use Jump Gate Networks.

REDNES

1 Like

please reconsider how you’ve arranged t1 < t2 < faction miners in terms of waste.

This would create a climate where experienced players have a legitimate reason to resent newer/poorer players from mining ore with them, as they will literally be burning half the r64 they get their grubby mitts on.

I like the idea of a tradeoff between total yield and yield per cycle. But having that gated behind SP/isk is a mistake.

35 Likes