From Extraction to Production

The cycle outcome is calculated at the end of a cycle. There’s no “reserved yield”, no hidden mechanics, nada. (Case in point: two lasers mining a rock that has 1 point of ore left. Whichever finish cycle first gets the ore.)
Thus, it is perfectly possible to calculate the split correctly (i.e. roll for waste, split the yield, etc.). But CCP decided to shaft you. Bummer.
Even though I can see, WHY this has been done, I disagree with implementation.

1 Like

HERE HERE!!! /STOMPS FEET ON FLOOR

2 Likes

Doubly-thank-you for following up! I greatly appreciate it.

I suppose that means all I can do is re-emphasize my feedback for consideration.

I do want to briefly emphasize my aside: the more I try to discuss the “mining waste” and “compression loss” in private, the more I see the need for there really needs to be good, strong thematic labels for the two mechanics. Both seem to be quickly colloquially be confused as “waste”, and there needs to be quicky, easy 1-word ways to distingush “mining waste”-the-mechanic and “compression-loss”-the-mechanic.

Hence my humble proposal for “tailings” for “mining waste”. IDK what for “compression loss”. But that way there is no need for 3 minutes of “what do you really mean by ‘waste’” semantics discussion for every single discussion.

1 Like

Thanks for verifying, I was about to hop onto Sisi and test this scenario for myself.

I’m down to one account - looking forward to the teamwork.

2 Likes

Have some faith. If you look through my posting history you’ll see this ticked several of my wish list.

Great set of changes, except for the skills and crystals part. I cant see any reason except to take away depth from the game and dump things down for people to remove the individual ore reprocessing skills and individual ore crystals. Things being a little complicated and conveluted gives eve that sense of depth, also gives actual professional miners some long term goals as it takes an age to get all the individual skills (maybe they should plug the gap on wastage between t2 modules and faction by reducing wastage afew %) Love the idea of the offensive crystals tho so thanks.

Im so happy that the rorquals have been nerfed, altho i think having a pos shield when in panic would be much cooler than the current mechanics that the miners can hide in if attacked. maybe you have to leave the shield to warp off but would be fun everyone running to the shield when ships start appearing on grid.

1 Like

Sorry but you got that wrong.

Type C crystals aren’t about mining. Type C crystals serve to destroy resources other players are currently harvesting, to annoy the hell out of these people and to provoke the collected team of Hulks and Orcas to attack the clown destroying their resources. Only to reveal an armada of battleships fleeted with him yearning for a limited engagement. That purpose were served even better with 0 yield.

All changes in this update just serve for making miners mine less and fight more. The “doubling of resources” that is completely used up by the many waste mechanics, making mining ships just a tiny bit less helpless to create the illusion they could survive a fight now, nerfing cheaper ships to get people in ships more “worth” of killing, Type C crystals … CCP obviously doesn’t like people being in hisec and having fun. Consequently, they “rebalance” the game to turn hisec in a worse form of 00. Rorquals, Orcas and Porpoises being moved from “best mining vessels” to “mining support vessel” may be a change I do understand, but looking at the rest of the patch, it must have happened by accident.

1 Like

Yup i dont get that either.
It would be a overall boost if the waste is below 60% everywhere and instead of nerfing the ships all needs a increase of mining amount since more resurces dont mean more mined aka the limit is the player that is willing to waste time/isk mining aktive doing way more with ratting and just reprocess the drops collected by the mtu.
1h Mining (0.0 no Moons(64) is like mining Veldspar in Hs rn but active and i think thats the point you need to be active mining in o.o therefore it sould be a viable option as ratting but nope you get 1% of the ratting per h…

1 Like

they say they do because they are PVP players who dont mine. They only want easier ways to kill miners…

1 Like

The Orca nerf was intentional. Currently, one of the most productive ways to solo mine is in an orca with yield rigs and drones. The Orca was intended for use as a fleet command ship, and nerfing drone yield is one way to achieve that.

1 Like
14 Likes

Wait till they keep 4k people permanently logged in and lock everyone out of Jita. Big problem with capping a system…easy to block.

They have a fundamental problem with mining because they can’t figure out what they want it to look like. It seems like there are a lot of ways to make isk solo, but for some reason CCP is adamant that mining shouldn’t be one of them. Mining in a orca? That’s getting a nerf. Mining as a mining ship? You’re clinically stupid to do it without buffs.

The most basic money making operation in EvE shouldn’t take a minimum of 4 people (and/or accounts) to accomplish without feeling like you’re missing chromosomes.

5 Likes

Sad but true. The problem is, a lot of people enjoy making money in-game, even if we can afford to buy PLEX. For me personally, it defeats the purpose and takes away from the fun.

If I’m going to destroy asteroids with type C it would be nice to get at least some of it. Otherwise I would rather (1) mine the asteroids myself with better yield of type A or B or (2) leave the asteroids be so I can kill the miners later.

@CCP_Psych Do not forget the Industry and Business Career Agents, both of which require several mining tasks. These tasks after all were sensibly calibrated to Corvettes with a Civilian Miner, or a Venture with T1 lasers. Wastage will completely screw these, I suspect.

@Mike_Azariah - You might want to keep a close eye on this, could really break Career Agents. I know they keep saying they want to replace them, but it would be utterly irresponsible to break them without having the replacements ready first…

1 Like

A bit off topic, but consider adding to to list. As you review mining missions, also review the storyline missions with respect to ore availability in region due to scarcity changes.

1 Like

Complicated and convoluted is great. It’s fantastic. The industry changes this year are a huge headache, but a great problem to solve. My HS moon mining corp, however, will die if minerals are removed from HS moons. It nearly happened last time. I’m almost certain it will be the case this time.

Best boost, best compression efficiency and poo-JF… still pretty good reasons