From Extraction to Production

It’s really not. Do you recall how good it felt after a long train to fly your first BS, T3C, Blops, Dread, Super etc? With the way mining is after this update, you can now reach endgame mining in 30 days. That is not a long term hook, you need that incremental levelling up experience. Players will reach endgame mining, get bored, then unsub. There’s nothing aspirational now. Orcas and Rorqs have been greatly diminished and that isn’t healthy.

Imagine if Blizz caved to all the newbies who felt they deserved partity with vets and nerfed epics so they were the same as blues/greens. Might satisfy that new player for 5 mins, but you need that long term carrot dangling to keep people incentivised to strive for something. MMO 101.

1 Like

if you don’t have multiple mining accounts and had planned to use a rorq as part of your solo mining progress then don’t. What do you progress to next after getting tired of solo mining in cruiser sized mining ship you might ask? Nothing …that is the end under these proposed changes.

Theres that strawman again.

There is no comparision between that and this dev blog. None whatsoever.

At no stage has getting into bigger more expensive ships been made easier with these proposed changes.

1 Like

Hang on, let me retrace for you as you seem to have forgotten how we got here:

• Blog nerfs rorqs
  • In my feedback to CCP I note that I believe this diminishes one of the long term hooks to a mining career in Eve as well as the appeal of whaling.
  • You jump in suggesting you disagree, rather vaguely without actually noting which part of my post you disagree with:

What exactly did you disagree with in my original post? Care to actually make an argument or is feedback not really you bag?

You said;

I say thats untrue.

1. You can play single player games to do that.

2. EvE has never been about levelling up, your skill progression (“levelling” in other games) is passive; it ticks up over time without you doing anything.

3. People play MMOs for many reasons. Social interaction, they like the setting, or they may even gasp enjoy the act of playing a game.

At no point has either “progression” nor any of the above been affected by this dev blog.

1 Like

That’s not what I said, I said imagine if Blizz nerfed epics to be as powerful as Blues. I didn’t say make them easier to obtain. The journey to rorqs is still a long train, but they are not as powerful i.e. it is akin to nerfing epics, you diminish the long term aspiration of owning one.

All for nerfing rorqs, I think making them 20% more effective than an exhumer, which is a considerable nerf, would reduce resource income, keep the miners subbed and out in space to hunt + keep that long term goal for new players to strive for.

And I said how is that comparison even applicable?

Eve is pact full of incremental levelling, most obvious example:

• Frig > Destroy > Cruiser > BC > BS > Dread > Titan

Mining is now:

• Barge > Exhumer
1 Like

You said :

Which was a poor counter to a point you didn’t follow.

Geez, you need those dots connecting quite a bit don’t you. Go drink some coffee.

You are either incapable of understanding how EVE’s skills over time based system works, including the investment in time needed to achieve things;

Or you are just trolling.

Sadly it does appear you are one of those zoomers who cannot discriminate, a 6 month magpie who will be off to chase the next Twitch favourite game and someone who really cannot visualise the idea of the pile of unmitigated s$%t you leave behind.

Off is the direction, start walking

You are being trolled, you should not bother replying to that one.

@Induce_Deadline you too.

1 Like

*packed

And no, a Griffin is not a Lower Level ship to a Rokh. Its a totally different tool for a different job.

Its like saying a watch repair kit is a lower level tool to a hammer.

Ad hom attacks this early? Guess you realised your position is entirely based on hyperbole and sweetie mice.

I dont play WoW so yeah maybe you could explain what this comparison means? Pretend we are having a discussion.

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’re been paying attention to WoW but Blizzard’s hubris has caught up with them. WoW has been a loot slot machine with low payout for years, but now it’s getting whooped by a game that is noob friendly and has gear progression that is attainable and predictable. Your “MMO 101” is out of date, the new MMO 101 is give players tools to have fun, give them many carrots that they can actually achieve, and accept that if they leave happy they will to come back and play more later.

1 Like

Im sorry Vlad, I thought you broadly supported these changes, except for the EHP and module change.

Far be it for me to stop krabs from quitting, but you support these guy’s hyperbole? Really?

I probably have overlooked that because CCP had saved the sheet scrolled down to weird places.

But wow, a whopping 45 m/s faster. What a buff. That will definitely compensate for everything else. With that speed increase you can definitely increase your yield by ramming into the gas cloud harder and make the gas enter harvesters faster. At the same time it gains more mass which means it will not be much faster and it will be less agile as it also looses agility in addition to the increased mass. And it loses target slots for max number of targets. So… What do you mean with buffs again?

You ought to learn to put things into perspective and don’t knee-jerk-see buffs where there are none and where other aspects outperform every stats increase. As for my point about you not seeing buffs: It still stands. :facepalm:

REDNES

1 Like

You got any substance to your post?

The substance is there, you are a troll.

Have a really nice day.

And how long are the skill trains for each?

What on earth are you talking about, LP is the very definition of a levelling up mechanic, it’s probably the single biggest hook that keeps people subbed even whilst not playing. That continual power drip it brings is compelling. That hook is undermined when there are less long term goals to strive for.

2 Likes

I thought so.

Well you got three choices

1. Quit

2. Cry more

3. Grow up and take advantage of the changes. You know, actually play the game.