FW is dead :/

Why is FW so dead all I find are caldari bot farmers and no pvpers.

Because CCP developed the entire system in like sixteen and a half minutes, and then never iterated on it.

3 Likes

@tutucox_Khamsi told me it was still alive. He even said it was the best thing in Eve.

1 Like

Which faction is he in maybes its only the gallente / cal side.

… question …

when was it alive? It’s always just been side content for large null blocs to farm some higher-end ships/mods and then cancel after 2 weeks…

2 Likes

Very inspiring to read this after I joined it again this week :laughing:

Dead, yes maybe but I’ve had to take some pretty unfair fights just to get some action in. I won a 3v1 the other day which made me feel pretty good. I got like 12,000 LP for killing Amarrians too. I have no business being in anything bigger than a destroyer but having a Hurricane by itself in the open with no friends around sure brought everyone out to play!

Thinking pretty serious about closing my solo corporation and joining something that’s bigger than me and been around a long time. Had fun jumping on comms the other day and helping attack a system.

6 Likes

Glad to hear the mini/amarr side is at least more lively, do enjoy low sec as a whole.

1 Like

Believe me, I understand the frustration in finding some content, maybe you’re like me; a solo player, looking for that 1v1 and the only stuff out there is gangs, guys with OP ships, fleeing farmers and the like.

In before all the empty Eve platitudes about solo gameplay and fair fights.

lol no I try slide 1v2 and the 2 still bail I feel like they don’t want pvp only to make money.

I have a feeling its because of this silly tier system we have where its between 50% and 225%, If it was 75% t1 and 125% t5 then it wouldn’t encourage people who only want to farm so much.

1 Like
  1. PvP pays nothing, due to being able to just make and kill alts
  2. Recent change makes people suspect when going through gate, making places like tama less pop than before
  3. Noobs and larpers use FW for the very very small amounts of isk and LP, due to this the majority of FW systems are comprised of people very risk adverse.
  4. People blob. Often. Even if one comes in and nothing on dcan, people just sit at 15au safes.
  5. Fits are very static for the most part, making pvp very linear and repetitive. Comet is king in novice for example (Aside from the expensive pirate frigs)
3 Likes

This about sums it up.

You can’t reward PvE with money out of thin air (can be exploited), and the presence of PvE makes this whole thing a farming grind.

Just get rid of it all, it’s useless.

2 Likes

The us vs. them part of militia is pretty cool though. Kind of need a reason to undock and loiter around. I think they need more kinds of sites and things to do in just Frigates.

Mind sharing a fit or two for the Federation Navy Comet? Been thinking about trying some out.

[Federation Navy Comet, MWD Kite Guns]

Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Damage Control II

Warp Disruptor II
Small Capacitor Booster II
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

150mm Prototype Gauss Gun
[Empty High slot]
150mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Small Transverse Bulkhead II

Acolyte II x3
Warrior II x3

Low-grade Asklepian Gamma
Low-grade Asklepian Delta
Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Small Hybrid Turret SH-603
Eifyr and Co. ‘Gunslinger’ Motion Prediction MR-703
Inherent Implants ‘Noble’ Mechanic MC-803
Inherent Implants ‘Lancer’ Gunnery RF-903
Inherent Implants ‘Noble’ Hull Upgrades HG-1003

Standard Exile Booster
Synth Drop Booster
Agency ‘Pyrolancea’ DB5 Dose II

Navy Cap Booster 100 x20
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x400
Caldari Navy Lead Charge S x400
Nanite Repair Paste x40

Highly optimised for current meta. Rails over blasters due to the issue of web n+1 (Vigil fleet issue, firetails etc) scram kiting meta. Don’t engage pirate frigs, engage everything else. Implants are there for brevity, you can use 2% instead of 3% to make the implants very very cheap and drop the Asklepsians too, they’re not too useful. Be the first one in a plex at 20km range. Manual pilot, since the tracking is bad due to how fast frigs are.

1 Like

edit:
u know what
f it

Huh? You good?

no
im mad , people are spreading lies
edit:
im in fw ATM , with 2 mimies on my back, none in a comet meta killer , but i must be hallucinating

I can’t even really tell what you’re attempting to convey sorry. If you’re saying that the comet isn’t meta because two people didn’t fly it when they killed you, just look up the raw zkill data that’s meta-analysed here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JSbe8dyQx2-EVXUrR2g5t3nRNrUdRHQy/view. Comet has the highest winrate of any frig that can enter a novice plex. If you run a blaster fit, the VFI, Firetaile and other control ships listed in that above list will dump you.

im just saying that you are full of ■■■■ don’t have any personal experience and go spreading lies
i say ANY t1 frigate , ANY pirate frigate , ANY navy frigate, ANY t1 destroyer is in fw meta and i see them all day every day
i do this for my omega time for years
i dont care wat you and other bozos think but topics like that can make new players go mine or do other stupid things wen FW is the most democratic pvp in eve
anyone can join , “good pay” and its fun

…
do you mean that all this money i lost was for nothing?

do you mean i have all this ships to be some kind of Don Quixote fighting wind mills?

do you mean im plexed till next year doing a dead activity?

do you mean my 600+ solo kills are fake?
Captura de Tela 2020-09-03 Ă s 22.09.02

f it
im tired of saying the same F thing in this stupid forum
join 24th crusade and see for yourself

2 Likes

tutu, your experience is important, but it doesn’t represent the entirety of the FW meta game, especially considering there are two different theaters of war.

And this is one of the issues we’re talking about here. You were able to do this by virtue of grinding a PvE element in an ostensibly PvP-centric feature, and not through PvP alone, which according to zKill, you’re barely breaking even on.

FW has major flaws that need to be addressed, and you liking it doesn’t change that.