[GalFed] Petition: Replace Failed Black Eagles Leadership

Remember James, this is a forum for grandstanding and whinging by people with an overinflated sense of their own importance. The idea of anything said here doing material damage to the Federation is really rather silly, my dear fellow.

3 Likes

Oh, I have no shame whatsoever about my history of grandstanding. Almost always our pretensions of having meaningful impact through the influence we exert here are just that: meaningless pretense. Every once in a while, though, what we say here does in fact drive meaningful change. I saw it with the Villore Assembly. Iā€™ve even seen it through Soterā€™s over the top petitions to the Senate.

In my view our Federation will only be strengthened, not weakened, when its government heeds the will of the people. We are not alone in our protests against the current overreach of the FIO, indeed I would say that my contribution here is much less than those brave protesters demonstrating throughout the Federation.

2 Likes

A beast may not give meat and milk and grow healthy.

The Senators are not making a call, they are approaching Roden privately. This

A number of Federal Senators have privately called on President Jacus Roden to establish a commission of investigation into the security failures leading up to the election terror attacks, the Scope has learned.

doesnā€™t cut it. The Senators are being too timid by speaking privately. What are they afraid of? And the Federal Senate should take the matter into its own hands, not ask for the executive to investigate itself.

The Senateā€™s Intelligence Committee should conduct an investigation, with sub poena powers and led by a panel of Senators not connected to Director Blaque, President Roden, or any of the Presidential election candidates. Thatā€™s what we should be petitioning for.

3 Likes

Needless to say, the hearings should be public except when considering evidence subject to a security clearance.

So, you are proposing public hearings when investigating an intelligence matter which will certainly involve classified information at every turn, by people who have no experience doing intelligence work, oh, and they canā€™t be connected to the current president of the senate, which means they can only belong to a rival party which has no hope of winning the presidency due to lack of a serious candidate according to your criteria.

And you expect to achieve anything other than a scapegoat with this means?

No, I am aiming to avoid a cover-up and to enforce political accountability. Documents can be redacted. Public hearings can refer to evidence in general terms. And one would expect long-time members of the Senate Intelligence Committee to be conversant with intelligence matters, and to have access to expert staff.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.