[GalFed] The Liberation of Viriette and Fislipesnes

Excuse me?
Absolutely bold of you to assume that I do not care about the lives lost on the other side. As if I am perfectly happy with the massive loss of life in any of the ongoing conflicts in the cluster?? You so clearly do not know me so do not assume. When I said “my heart goes out to the Intaki people” I meant it. I meant it for every person who chooses to identify as Intaki and I did not say this in spite of those who identify as otherwise.

I do not like the violent nature of Intaki’s liberation but I am also not ignorant enough to believe it could have been avoided. The State held military control over the Intaki system and surrounding territories. How else was the Federation supposed to secure the Intaki homeworld from enemy hands? How else were we supposed to ensure that atrocities like the Turnur Catastophe did not happen to Federation chartered systems? Let me direct you to Auriga’s concise yet excellent post where he invites everyone to actually think about the situation at hand. President Aguard made exactly the correct decision here.

And I’m sorry, but what?
Are you talking about the massive number of Federal citizens who immigrated to the Federation by their own decision? Are you talking about the many tribal Minmatar in the Federation who freely express their own culture while also choosing to embrace other aspects of the wide range of cultures that can be found within the Federation? What exactly is so terrible about this? The Federation does not exercise a “soft power” it offers an opportunity to individuals across the cluster. One which people embrace because they desire it. Nobody is forcing these people to flock to the Federation or mix their own cultures with others and this entire paragraph of yours makes zero sense.

2 Likes