Game Crashes During Warp on 64bit Game Client

Greetings, Pilots,

We are aware of the issues causing the 64bit EVE Online game client to freeze when initiating warp. The crash has been identified to occur on Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra) and 10.14 (Mojave).

We are actively working on resolving the problem and will update you once new information is available. In the meantime, pilots encountering this problem are advised to switch to the 32bit game client through the launcher settings to continue playing EVE Online. You can find information on how to configure the EVE Online launcher here.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused.

4 Likes

Greetings CCP Dopamine,
Will you be posting here when this problem is patched?

3 Likes

Client version 1573360 Launcher version 1564277 latest Wine with either 32/64 bit still shows in station black background and no planetary visuals. I did not bother trying to undock, because last time I saw this in station was indicative of imminent warp failure upon undock.

Switching back to wine-1.9.17-143-g91037ca-ccp-master-72 with 32 bit seems to work, but still has the slow memory leak causing a C++ RTL crash after about 30 jumps…

Switching back to wine-1.9.17-143-g91037ca-ccp-master-72 with 32 bit seems to work, but still has the slow memory leak causing a C++ RTL crash after about 30 jumps…

If you’re willing to go potato mode and optimize for performance you’ll avoid any crashes, but it isn’t pretty. :frowning:

Client version 1577071 Launcher version 1564277 latest Wine with either 32/64 bit still shows in station black background and no planetary visuals. I did not bother trying to undock, because last time I saw this in station was indicative of imminent warp failure upon undock.

CCP-- you will let us know when this has been officially tested and fixed, right?

Well I bought a new iMac about a week ago and as a returning player that never had problems before I can say I’m not happy about these issues. I have had the warp issue under 64bit mode having switched the 32 bit I’m now seeing black screens etc like every one else here, and game crashes.

I am running the latest launcher and wine versions as per all the instructions.

It’s kind of spoiling my enjoyment of Eve for which I don’t get an awful lot of time to play as it is. @CCP_Dopamine any updates on these issues would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.