Gankers do not make EVE a better place

You know, I suggested to grampy Kells that he should do that. He responded with “Hard pass. Something something yackity smackity blah blah blah principles.”

I donno. I’m starting to think he doesn’t undock. Or even play the game for that matter. He seems pretty miserable and a real downer concerning EvE. When anyone says anything they’ve accomplished or found something new and exciting for them he shoots it down and tries to suck the joy out.

I really hope that that is not the case and he’s just trolling for the lolz.

:man_shrugging:

Ganking isn’t unique to EVE. It’s proper to every PvP online game, it just means attacking another player. In EVE we use ships to attack and in other games it could be cars or horses, like in Crossout and Life is Feudal. You get attacked - ganked- as soon as you leave a city just like you get attacked as soon as you leave CONCORD-patroled space and just as in Life is Feudal once you’re set upon there’s practically no chance to fight back, you’re dead in seconds and then you float out of your body until you find a shaman to respawn you.
FYI, the word “gank” is slang for “attack” in a game. A real stupid word, too, like most English slang words.

You’ll notice the OP hasn’t returned :smiley:

Ganking is an essential part of bringing spice to everything you do, so unless you are content eating nothing but Combine Water-flavored Ration Packs™ ganking only enriches your gameplay.

Blessings of the Divine to Aiko and her brave comrades!

Jesse W James
Lucas Kell also absent…

2 Likes

Member when every system would light up bright yellow if not red when searching for number of ships destroyed per system? Pepperidge Farms members. Member Pepperidge Farms?

member when the intel channel would go nuts when someone reported 12 in local 8 jumps away, and all the indy folk would dock up, but the fleet skipped their pocket

1 Like

I like to gank and pod 3 day old ventures. Its very fun.

1 Like

I disagree that a player older than 2 years is a senior player. That title should be reserved for players older than 5 years.

1 Like

I agree. Under 30 days: “new player”. Between 30 days and 2 years: “player”. Over 2 years: “bittervet”. Over 5 years: “senior bittervet”.

1 Like

There’s a year-of-manufacture on the ships? Where is it?

Not from this subject…

1 Like

where is what

OP looking at EvE players:

1 Like

The year-of-manufacture stamp on the ship. You said “3-day-old Ventures” instead of 3-day-old players, lol, so naturally I’m asking where is the date stamp of manufacture.

Oh!!! I miss Crowley so much, he is my favorite character by far and Mark Sheppard nailed, I was rooting for him all along!

If you get one shotted it’s good that you died, because this means you are farming ISK without even spending ISK buying better modules built by other players for your own protection.

So you deny people’s ISK by not buying products, but you want all the ISK for yourself in your poorly fitted T1 hauler/shuttle/frigate.

The same way a ganker deny your ISK, you are denying everybody’s ISK too, this is war!

Buy my ■■■■ in the market, market has been slow recently:

Etc etc etc… here’s some T1 in since you are being that cheap when fitting your hauler if it is true that ISK is important for you!

Being cheap and denying everybody else’s ISK it is the same as people denying your ISK to yourself.

1 Like

If the devs on EvE can’t read this thread and see exactly what’s wrong with their game and the toxic crap they’ve promoted by allowing it, it’s no wonder why EvE is slowly dying… Fact is, sooner or later, all the guys who actually pay for the game like Lieullindre here are going to be gone.

Gankers are always going to make lame excuses as to why their toxic crap is perfectly acceptable and a part of the game. But, it’s a big part of why the game is dying out and 95% of new players quit within the first week… Yeah, yeah, statistics, proof, whatever… Here’s something to think about. A recent redit post from theMadMonster that I’m going to copy/paste here.

With all the talk about ganking I started to wonder, how did my time ganking affect the player count? So I decided to go back and have a look. I went to ZKill on my main ganking character and checked to see if the player’s I ganked continued to play after our encounter. My first gank was March 2019 and final gank was August 2021. This wasn’t my main gameplay, but there were chunks of time during this window where I would be very active ganking.

Here are the results:

Total Ganks: 287

Of those Ganks 171 had ZKill activity after I ganked them. That’s about 60%

116 players had no ZKill activity after I ganked them. About 40%

and of all 287 character, 49 had ZKill activity in 2022. That’s about 17%

What can we learn from this? One dude ganked 287 players… Roughly 83% of those players quit. That’s cost CCP $4,720/mo in income from Omega, not to mention what those 238 players might have spent on plex, packs, etc…

One dude, cost CCP nearly $5K a month by ganking… One dude lowered the online player count by 238…

You can spend all day debating the semantics or conditions under which those players quit and claim it was only 40%, or none of them, or 60%, or whatever… But the fact is, his toxic crap contributed to 238 people no longer playing the game and CCP losing out on about $5K/mo, or $60K/yr…

Enjoy that salt while it lasts boys…

4 Likes

Are you serious?

Correlation is not causation.

2 Likes

As someone who ganks people in 0.5, I suggest you go through your own killboard just for kicks and see how many of those players are still around some months later vs how many have left and consider how much damage you’ve caused at $240/yr in income to CCP. You might be surprised by the numbers.

1 Like