Ganking Bots

A little while ago I got ganked in Jita by a single Tornado. No big deal though as those who can’t PvP without war decs can do nothing more than gank in High Sec.

What was interesting is that the ganker logged off directly after the gank took place. As she didn’t appear in the local Jita chat.

Is it possible that gankers have found a way to use Bots to gank with?

Could a macro be used to set an area of influence around a bookmarked location that if any ship passes into the area of influence then the macro would activate the ship to lock onto the target and then attack it?

Show us the killmail.

1 Like

emphasis mine. reporting for ranting. it ain’t subtle enough to pass. the contradiction in that one single line is enough to make any reasonable person’s head explode. take yer broken emotional state and find professional help. btw dear ISD, i keep flagging myself as well because i’ve got no clue how to explain the reason for the flag in any other way.

why do we have to keep having this hater around? he’s emotionally unstable and there’s tons of posts by him that keep proving that, yet he can run around freely spreading irrational nonsense and hate. how’s that making any sense? why are haters like him allowed around here? he’s borderline bullying! it’s enough already, no??

i won’t let ya silence me so the hater can keep hating.

4 Likes

It was an AI bot, it perceived you as a primary threat.

What were you hauling exactly?

What was interesting is that the ganker logged off directly after the gank took place. As she didn’t appear in the local Jita chat.

Is it possible that gankers have found a way to use Bots to use bots too gank with?

Is that the connection? The person ganked you and logged off? Being a bot doesn’t mean you disappear from local. It’s possible the person’s home station was not in the system after being podded?

2 Likes

Flagged OP as inappropriate.

Just a rant of how ganking does not affect him but he still needs to whine about it here.

6 Likes

You probably meant to write “as ganking is an appropriate way to engage those who cower in NPC corp”.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how you jump to these conclusions. I’m looking at the killmail now of your “salvaging” Corax and the ganker was podded. It’s very likely his medical clone is set to a station in another system, which is why you wouldn’t have seen him in local.

5 Likes

shh edit that, otherwise you could make his brain explode !

Though the mechanics differ as to timers/circumstance, there should be no way for an aggressor, legal or not, to instantly log out, or dock up to log out, instantly.

In other words, what you state to have happened, cannot have happened, as you remember/state it,

If they aggressed you illegaly without a wardec, their ship should have been wrecked by CONCORD, and then pod been unable to dock or log out, according to relevant timers applied to those circumstances/events.

1 Like

That’s not entirely true. You’re correct in saying that and an aggressor or in this case a criminal with an active weapons timer cannot dock. This is because you cannot dock when you have your 60 seconds weapons timer.

What you’re wrong on is the logging off part. You 100% can log off while criminal and with a timer, but your pod will remain in space until that timer expires.

Revision: I just saw that you clarified about the logging out, but I’ll keep my comment intact to clarify more.

The fact is that the gankers pod was killed so it’s most likely the case where the gankers medical clone isn’t set to a station in Jita.

2 Likes

yer the only other reasonable person in here. dryson depends on people being dumb enough not trying to get rid of him, so he can keep spreading his irrational hate. so instead of doing the smart thing, apparently every other irrational person just keeps responding as if it made any ■■■■■■■ sense.

Correct.

But OP states the aggressor disappeared off Local immediately after destroying them.
That should not be possible, in any circumstance of aggression.

Ergo, OP is not remembering or recounting this occurrence accurately, as it is not possible that what he says, happened, unless there is an exploit I am unaware of.

problem solved. dryson knows this. he’s not that ■■■■■■■ dumb. only reason why dryson posts is because all ya not-so-smart-people here keep lining up to respond to whatever he says. he hates ya, and he plays ya. he’s literally yer guys puppet master while ya’ll keep thinking HE’S the idiot! he’s NOT! he’s emotionally unstable and irrational, but he keeps playing each and every single one of ya!

2 Likes

Touche.

OP will have to provide killmail for us to ascertain this.

I will now spend some time to reflect on my purpose in life. Thank you for your words.

I found the killmail but I’m uncertain if I’m allowed to publicly share it here without being reported. I can confirm he was killed by a Tornado, and that the gankers pod was destroyed by players.

1 Like

Ill buy that as valid explanation, unless OP provides a killmail to the contrary.

As you said, disappearance from Local could well have been from player destruction of ship as criminal, and pod subsequently, thus obviating concern on timers.

Lina Soikutsu

That’s the gankers killboard. You’ll see it there.

man, could ya actually spend a bit more time thinking things through? maybe? ye guys keep enabling him and all the others and the more ya keep enabling them, the more of them will swamp over ya eventually. if that’s too much for ya to grasp, then consider yerself warned and good luck ever getting rid of them. eventually THEY’LL get rid of YOU!

@Lina Soikutsu

01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00100000 01100011 01100001 01110000 01110011 01110101 01101100 01100101 01100101 01110010 00101100 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110100 00111111