Ganking defence?

Gaa. So much terrible advice. Fly around. Lose some ships. Have fun.

Learn to narrow dscan to 5deg. Make sure you’re in range. And “look at” where you want to go. That’ll tell you if anyone is there not cloaked

hello op in my experience i have found if you send the ganker 100m isk and beg them not to target your mining fleet then you should be ok

I can sell you a mining permit if you’d like.

1 Like

pres-scan refers to signatures, not anomalies (which don’ require scanning).

In some systems, people pre-map the system destinations. So you warp somewhere, because your agent told you to, you spam dscan, and someone actually warps on you without probes.

What a terrible advice. The reality is, fly around, get bored, lose your ships, lose your ■■■■, uninstall.

That’s because Eve is mostly empty out of the big hubs.
I was able to rat in a T2 frig in syndicate. I was so chilled I barely noticed an orthrus landing on my grid. I was aligning out, but actually he left. I guess he wanted to scare me :smiley:

Is Caracal no longer a viable L2 mission ship? For lvl 1s, I was in a Kestrel; lvl 2 was a Caracal; lvl 3s and 4s were Drake and then Tengu for lvl 4s.

Caracal is perfectly viable for L2 missions.

Hey there JoshMan,

Okay the biggest thing about surviving in pvp is situational awareness. You want to know:

• What’s on the other side of a gate when you jump
  • Regularly check for combat scanner probes on your d-scan
  • Set your D-Scan range to 1 AU, if there’s something in that range and you’re in a mission, it’s probably coming after you
  • Keep mobile at the expense of tank (the faster you are, the less likely you will be got because you can fire off your propulsion module if you’re aware they’re coming; vis-a-vis…D-scan)
  • On a battleship, keep a micro jump drive fitted as you did in addition to a Micro Warp drive
  • Know your tackle craft (Interceptors, frigates) - If they’re on grid with you, get out

If you get tackled it’s too late. The best defense for escaping without getting tackled for folks who don’t want pvp is to not get tackled. That involves more your acumen with the game mechanics than the ship fitting.

Yes, there are warp core stabilizer modules, but they gimp your combat effectiveness to such an extent, it’s really not worth it for anything but true traveling from point A to Point B

2 Likes

Would just like to clarify these two points, while both are correct, they are not mutually exclusive. I’d suggest you want to be checking for probes at max d-scan range (if you’re in a mission, for e.g.) and as soon as you see 4+ combat probes on scan, it’s time to leave, or your mission spot will be busted and attempting to return to complete the mission could (probably will) lead to death.

At the same time, if you’re in an anom/asteroid belt/FW plex, anything that isn’t ‘your special space’, and/or if you’re really close to finishing the mission, d-scan at 1au because yes, any ship at that range is more than likely coming for you.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

My general advice for low missions.

Bring a ship size 1 size larger than what’s needed for the mission and a mobile depot.

If it’s a shield ship, put max stabs + DCU in the lows and extenders in the rigs. Fit cloak and do cloak + mwd trick. This will get you out of 95% of camps.

If it’s an armour ship put OVERSIZED Afterburner+ meme level EHP armor mods. This will let you burn back to the gate against 95% of camps. Initiate with MWD, then AB after you’re scrammed (overheat). Do not agress, do not deploy drones. Burn back to gate.

Once you’re in the system, go dock (or make a deep safe and deploy mobile depot) and refit.

Now do your mission. Keep scan open. Stay aligned to station. Keep your scanner radius small. If someone comes within 1000km from you, warp.

Make sure you’re normal fit (after refit) is for maximal dps and minimum required tank. The faster you’re done, the sooner the threat is over. Remember to refit to MEME build on your way out (at station or your mobile depot) so you don’t get tackled.

1 Like

The only defense from being taken in low sec is to avoid a interaction in the first place. If you are not there to hunt other players you are already at a huge disadvantage. If you are not prepared for a cyno you are at a huge disadvantage.

Low sec is quite litterally a place where so called pvper hunt high security people seeking higher profits for reasons.

Understand that most of these pvpers are metagaming 3 or more characters. From the logi that comes in after they engage to rep them to the scouts that saw you far before you even knew there was a problem. They are not engaging in any risk, they are taking things they know they can take without a single loss. They are playing with the best named modules. An experienced PVP corp you will not defeat.

Again, if you put yourself in a vulnerable position you have already lost. You have all the same tools they have. Use them. If you want to mess with low sec eve is no longer a game for monkey pressing buttons. It is now a chess game and patience is your best D.

1 Like

Patience, bookmarks, and d-scan. The three secrets to Eve - none of them covered in the tutorial.

2 Likes

So they are the real carebears! :rofl:

Many of them are young, elderly, unskilled or on terrible connections. Many of them are distracted by real life or under the effects of mind bending substances. Don’t always assume the scary lowsec guys have it all worked out :slight_smile:

Thats wrong think. You should always assume that they have it figured out. In the same sense they all have a game plan for if corp wants to try and retaliate against them. The mechanics ARE THERE to do what you want in low sec, but they are not there to do everything conveniently. Like I said, patience is huge.

Nooooo
You should ACT as if they may have it figured out.
Assuming they actually do is a different thing from acting and taking precautions for if they have it figured out.

^ What he said. You can bear in mind they may have a decent plan, but to automatically assume they have everything worked out is an attack on your own confidence. There’s every chance they might have their pants down at any time behind the scenes and not be scary or skilled at all :smiley:

@OP Were you tackled on your mission location or at gate ?

If you got caught travelling through gates Id strongly advise you to carry a mobile depot and refit for travel once you complete the mission/travelling to the mission. By travel I mean warp core stabilisers and or WMD +cloak.

If you get tackled you burn back to the hi sec gate and hope they dont have the mass to bump you off the gate. If you are tackled by frigates they will have to warp off and break tackle because of the gate guns providing there isint enough of them and you have many stabs you should be able to outlast them. If you have a flight of light drones/webs drop those and go for the frigates who are tacklers. If you are tackled by lokis or stuff that can tank gate guns its pretty much over.

You then refit for your mission at a safe.

I appreciate you created content for those guys, but I do have to ask why you brought a SNI to a lv2 mission… Pretty sure you can do them in a destoryer or cruiser.

If you can bring a scouting alt and do research as suggested.

If you got caught during the mission thats because you werent paying attention to D-scan. So best to fight aligned to your safe have your d-scan open at 1 AU and if you see combat probes you warp off/refit for cloak and wait it out or try to break out. with full travel fit.

There is a 99% chance they saw you coming miles off I always had alts watching hi sec systems for would be missioners/haulers. But could well have been target of opportunity.

2 Likes

Hi - thanks for you tips. Yes - it was compleatly my own fault (too blingy ship, not paying attention etc. etc.) - they even sent me a warning mail which I missed! :disappointed:

Lessons have been learnt!

I like the idear of carrying the mobile depot and refitting along the way - I’ve also trained and loaded up with ECM drones.

O and much less blingy ships!

BUT…

So im guessing maybe its actually COSMOS missions?