Ganking has gone too far

Yes yes, heard it all before. Right around the corner, not yet, but soon, got it. Thanks.

3 Likes

The fact that even mention of this news results in your disbelief is evidence of your extreme cowardice.

What news? Can I get a link?

Please excuse me if I’m out of the loop, but how are your attacks on citadels possibly going to do anything and why should I care about that?

3 Likes

Apparently something on Sisi is the source of this news.

Ugh

That means I have to go to that den of evil called Reddit to find out more.

3 Likes

If you do find something, please share it, but I really don’t think this is anything but standard safebear wishful thinking/disinformation.

But I really am not sure what people would think this would do if it were true. It’s possible, as part of a war/corp revamp, criminal activity is somehow restricted to war-eligible corps, but that seems unlikely and pointless. Most gankers are also wardeccers who have structures already. Heck, CODE. has a Fortizar flying proudly in Uedama, largely ignored and uncontested for years now.

Ganking (unbalanced PvP) is a core property of this game and isn’t going anywhere, even in highsec. The strong will prey on the weak. The prepared will profit off the unprepared. Any change to that core truth would require way, way more resources than CCP is willing to put into this aging game. The Code literally is in the DNA of the game, and will be entwined forever.

2 Likes

It’s a role playing game. If you think these guys are nuts, you should check out Diana Kim and Anyanka Funk and THEN come back talking about how bad CODE people are. You take this ■■■■ so super seriously, you are in serious need of a reality check.

Go look them up. Diana Kim. Anyanka Funk. With your logic these two are MONSTERS who need to be banned from the game.

2 Likes

Brisc said it was a bug on SISI.

By whom? Big mouthing wannabes like yourself?

3 Likes

Ganking isn’t unbalanced PvP. Suicide ganking is something completely natural in such a natural/realistic/unrestricted environment. It’s literally predators looking for prey. A tiger sneaking up on a reindeer. (or whatever) There is nothing unbalanced about it, don’t let carebears spin their words into your head.

1 Like

:slight_smile: I meant unbalanced in the literal sense there - no game mechanism to ensure equal numbers/power/skill on each side. If we want to evaluate the mechanics of the game of who it favours, well then it is also unbalanced - massively in favour of the defender. There are a huge number of mechanics and strategies that are basically without counter a defender can use to avoid fights or losses, especially in highsec.

But that is beside the point. I agree with the essence of your post: such predator/prey gameplay is completely natural, intended and good for the game!

2 Likes

Nada.

2 Likes

What?

Anyanka and Strike Commander Kim are literally my two best friends in the whole game!

3 Likes

So you guys mean to tell me that a carebear was talking out of his butt?

No, I won’t believe it. :avocado:

2 Likes

simpsons07

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say the players are nuts even if the characters are depicted as zealots. At least it is in the RP forum.

1 Like

… and @Aiko_Danuja.

I never said the players are nuts. I was talking about the characters. I was pointing out that, if he thought CODE is nuts, these two are worse. Not sure what you guys read.

Well, Strike Commander Kim has no sense of humour, and Ms. Funk eats blood for breakfast. I will try to say something nice at your funeral.

3 Likes

eeehhh I doubt they have ill will against me. I’ve spent time with both of them. : - )

Diana Kim I especially praise often enough for her outstanding services, attitude and words about the wrongs the Gallente Federation did to the Caldari and how their ■■■■■■■■ idea of democracy is nothing but a golden cage enslaving billions by brainwashing them with the idea of “individuality” and “freedom”.

I’m actually quite convinced she’d be someone who would bring even more glory to the New Order.

1 Like

According to CCP it is not. And I have alreday paid to CCP for my playtime.

2 Likes

This is the same thing with the universal “freedom of movement” there is in this game. It applies only as long as other players don’t stop you. So you can try to move to nullsec, but when there’s a gate camp trying to deny you entry, then anything else doesn’t matter.

So you bringing up CCP is completely invalid, because CCP doesn’t care if they kill you. If they manage to defend space from people they don’t want there, then CCP won’t stop them from doing so.

Please learn more about how the game works, before you make false statements like this one.

2 Likes