Garoun and Morthane: Hegemony, Rivalry, and the Federal-State Relationship

I ment as to who the offender was. From the perspective of the federation that leviathan was fairly offensive, more so when it moved to a position to fire on the planet.

4 Likes

How, how for the Makerā€™s sake it could be ā€œmore so offensiveā€ when it moved to that position, if that move was caused itself by Federalā€™s action? Itā€™s REACTION on Federalā€™s offense when they began planetary invasion.

Of course, I still think that the best defense is offense, and Iā€™d just jump that titan on Gallente Prime and would rain hell on their heads for that invasion! Butā€¦ it was Executor Heth in charge, not me. And Adm. Yanala was controlling the ship. And they were only defending our homeworld from attackers.

It was 100% defense.

Of course, I am open to different perspectives and points of view, but I am really not interested in absolutely illogical and dumb ones. Cmon, no one in sane mind would consider defending fleet moving in fire position to fend off attackers to be offense.

1 Like

Itā€™s this line of thought that the federation was worried about, and pulls the top spot on the list of ā€œwhy Operation Highlander was a thing.ā€

If it had moved into a position to fire on the attacking fleet, that would have been one thing, but it dropped into a low orbit, threatening the planet. A move the federation couldnā€™t ignore

3 Likes

That again would be just reaction on Federalā€™s action, thus considering the ship offending by this standard is out of consideration.

The move was started by the Federation with the planetary invasion. I repeat, the operation Highlander began before the move happened. This move was response to invasion. And it was moved closer to deal with Federal invasion on the planet - threatening invaders, not the planet. Support of gound troops with orbital fleet is a common tactic, that should be known in every Empire.

1 Like

sigh From your perspective, hell, from the Caldari perspective in general it may be true. But to say that the Federation couldnā€™t find the titan (a titan that was there in violation of a treaty or two if I remember correctly) a threat in need of being eliminated is evidence of the inability to properly gauge your opponent and comes across as a bit arrogant in the sense that everyone elseā€™s viewpoint is irrelevant if it conflicts with yours.

2 Likes

I have said already, I discard points of view that contradict well known facts, as simple consideration of such position is straightforward dumb.

Both ship and Caldari Prime belongs to Caldari State, it was obviously in Caldari owned territory, it didnā€™t jump to Gallente Prime, nor just drifted around Luminaire. It was exactly in this pocket of Caldari space as was designated by treaty of 10 june YC110. As far as I understand, the reason of its placement was a guarantee that treaty wasnā€™t violated from Federal side. But it happened anyway with Operation Highlander.

Again, it wasnā€™t the State who violated the treaty, it was the Federation.

For the fact that the titan wasnā€™t breaking the treaty says sheer amount of time it spent guarding Caldari Prime from federal aggression: five years. If that would be a violation, the CONCORD would have intervened long ago.

And when actually CONCORD did intervene? When Federals broke the treaty and started invading Caldari Prime. But Adm. Yanala has destroyed CONCORD vessel, as the territory where Federals committed the breach of the treaty was under Caldari jurisdiction.

1 Like

I mean, that does sum the whole thing up, Claudia.

I just get tired of our actions being reckless warmongering and their actions being justified responses - especially when the Fed has a much higher bodycount than the State in these matters.

2 Likes

Right back at yaā€™. Everyone feels this way. Iā€™m tired of State loyalists who claim that the blood on their hands is justified, the constant misrepresentation of the federation as a den of lust and opulence and nothing more. The minmatar are tired of being represented as lawless savages and barbarians. And the Amarrā€¦ well theyā€™re Amarr.

6 Likes

Of course State loyalists will claim the blood on their hands is justified, Ms. Osyn. Theyā€™re working based on their own standards and, respectfully, arenā€™t very interested in Federal ideas about what is and isnā€™t justified.

2 Likes

Claudia, if you think State Loyalists care how the Fed runs things in their own space, you donā€™t know State Loyalists all that well.

Thereā€™s really only the one issue that stops us from being trading partners andā€¦ wellā€¦ trading partners is good enough.

2 Likes

Ms. Osyn, your observation was precise.

I do wish you the best in your efforts. But trust me when I caution that trying to find an accommodation with, or understanding of, our State cousins is the very definition of a waste.

They will always be the victim, their actions will always be justified, if you donā€™t believe meā€¦ just ask them.

1 Like

You always know just the thing to say to make me feel an abrupt warmth for the State, Mr. Syagrius.

3 Likes

@Diana_Kim Is the state a victim? Are the Stateā€™s actions always justified?

:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You know Ms. Osyn is fighting for the state at the moment right?

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :open_mouth: :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Donā€™t act so surprised, itā€™s not like itā€™s a real war Iā€™m fighting in. We tend to fight where the shooting is best, and that wasnā€™t in the amarr/minmatar WZ when we left itā€¦

4 Likes

Well it seemed a surprise to me.

Like, only thing that would be more surprising would be if Diana Kim had enlisted with the Federal Defence Onion.

Thatā€™d gast anyoneā€™s flabber.

4 Likes

We fly where weā€™re welcomed, That was not the case with the FDU for the most part, but certainly was with StaPro.

3 Likes

Negative. If they were, Tibus Heth would be still the Executor, and there would be no Gallente left on Caldari Prime.

2 Likes

I doubt, it took much prodding Ms. Jenneth.

1 Like