Get rekt with the great pack

I took a look to the new packs and I just don’t understand…

Platinum
90$ for 3 month Omega + 1500 plex when the subs is 10.95$ (12 months) and Plex is 1430 for 50$ (2860 for 100$ /2)…

That seems promoting short term subs instead long standing subscription. This business decision make no sense to me…

Your new packs are canned sh*t :face_with_monocle:

It’s a CCP thing.

Not sure what the issue is? A quick look says 3 month sub is approx. $40, and 1500 plex is worth approx. $55.

So yes, only CCP could invent ‘special deal’ packs that include $95 worth of stuff 'for the special price of $90!!!" , but I don’t see how this promotes short subs over long? There is no actual deal here. Unless you mean they should have had a pack that includes 6 or 12 months.

I think you actually save more on a 6 or 12 month sub already than these ‘deal packs’ offer.

2 Likes

its Korea f2p tactics hitting the brick wall of speadsheets in space cold hearted calculation.

Korean overlords are not use to a community this serious about numbers. That stuff works well in most games though…I understand the attempt…but they are gonna need to do better in this game space.

1 Like

It’s South Korea. What did you expect? Of course there’s gambling, ■■■■ packs and annoying UI changes inspired in mobile games.

1 Like

The Platinum pack has 6 months of subscription value, with half of it in PLEX in hopes that buyers will spend it on other stuff. But if you do use the 1500 to extend your sub to the full 6 months, it’s USD$15/mo PLUS you also get a ship skin that may be exclusive (I haven’t looked to be sure) which could rise in value, and 250k sp, which both add value over a standard 6 month sub.

If a player is thinking about spending this much at once on EVE, I hope they are looking into the more predictable value and lower monthly price provided by the 6 or 12 month sub. The other stuff is nice, but with the massively increased pace of offers (SP and skins, trinkets) available to every player who will simply log in - the extra stuff in the Platinum pack is (I agree) not that special.

1 Like

Still waiting for a 6mo/12mo subscription sale. It has been well over a year (2019 saw no regular 12mo subscription sale)…

They had a sale on 12 month subs around Halloween time. 10% off. That was when I renewed mine.

This randomly occured to me on google: