Getting bumped in a freight highsec should make the bumper flagged

They can’t help unless they have prestaged gank ships, because aggression-free tackle. Which shouldn’t be a thing.

LOL Drac asks himself this every day.

3 Likes

Of course a neighbour hood watch has prestaged ganking ships, otherwise it would be a pretty useless neighbourhood watch.

2 Likes

Lol you’re so dumb and dishonest. Do you even play other games? Ones that are actually fun or do you just cry about code all day? You’d make the same argument when the games down to 2k players saying it’s because they’re not giving me easy kills :rofl:

He’s so toxic that even a group as pathetic as antigankers don’t want to be his friend anymore

3 Likes

There’s no such thing as a permatackle, there’s only an “i got totally outplayed” tackle.

4 Likes

Needs source.

1 Like

What are you talking about, webbing does absolutely nothing when you are bumped, do you even know what you are talking about here. I repeat, webbing does nothing when you are bumped.

Typical deflection in fact, I said what you need to do to end the bump you replied with something to avoid a bump. seriously…

Contempt towards other people means that you don’t give a damn whether you have honour with them or not. It is a statement of what I have observed.

The question is still there, what do you do if you cannot separate it into different parts. Paying someone to do it is an option but is that the only option?

It is not a non-issue affecting a small group, it affects anyone who wishes to move stuff through the main pipes that they can end up being bumped for hours. I see you changed it from being bumped to freighter ganking again when I am talking about bumping which is what this thread is about.

So I move a freighter through the pipes I have to factor in perhaps two hours for being bumped, that is an issue.

You are off on a rant here. It is not insignificant, it is a significant cost in time and effort due to a mechanic that is deemed by many to be a bad mechanic.

I am pointing out the issue with bumping because it is a poor mechanic which gives too much advantages.

I don’t really know why you want to project all this RL stuff at me? But if it makes you feel better…, whatever…

Pro tip, I am talking about getting people able to gank the bumper.

Pro tip, I am talking about getting people to gank the bumper.

Reading and comprehension is difficult for some?

Projecting your own issues again, you actually said that you could not get interested for anything other than a JF and now you go off on a rant about me pointing it out. Typical…

Tryhard…

1 Like

Speedreading makes it hard to think about what’s written. Do you know how this works? It’s meant to suck in information fast, at the cost of actually thinking about it. It’s purely pattern recognition with whatever first match the brain comes up with as a response. SpeedReading is in fact really bad for communicating online. Why do I bring this up?

Preventing getting bumped is the first defense. If you’re being webbed into warp you will not get bumped. But hey, sure, your mind is so hellbent on seeing enemy everywhere, of course i’m just trying to deflect instead of you being the asshole here for not actually caring about thinking what’s written.

I don’t know the purpose of this question. It’s an option and it’s a viable option. I’m not sure there have to be more options. In the end you’re the one who has to make sure the cargo reaches the destination. The safest option will always be paying someone else and we have to work from there downwards.

No, it isn’t. Freighter bumpign isn’t global warming. Theoretically if affects everyone who flies freighters, but in reality it only affects those who get bumped. It’s not right to ignore the fact that the majority of freighter pilots are neither getting bumped, nor ganked.

You can’t say that, because of a tiny amount of people, things have to be changed for everyone. It’s unfair for all of those who do not have any problems whatsoever.

It is, because the amount of freighters getting bumped and ganked is miniscule compared to those who do. You’re inflating the issue, because you’re seeing victims everywhere.

Case in point:

Your own post makes it clear that, in your mind, everyone freighter pilot is a potential victim and that makes you a horrible person, because you’d be willing to throw everyone under the bus for those few who get bumped and ganked, ignoring that some of them might even deserve it.

You’re not being rational at all. People aren’t victims by default. You’re being unfair towards everyone who actually likes to play in a dangerous environment where random things can happen. I can understand when your past defines you, but this is the present and people who aren’t suffering from anything deserve better than to be declared potential victims by people they don’t even know.

Would you like to be declared a victim by default by people you don’t even know? No.

2 Likes

Because I speed read and you want to make a point about it being me rather than your misunderstanding.

A simple suicide point will negate the webber, however that tends to be for people that actually want to gank rather than try for ransoms or trick people into duels.

I always webbed my freighters, however bumping is really a pain for solo casual hisec players.

But the point I was making was that finding people to gank the bumper once you are being bumped is rather difficult if not impossible.

So that is the only option.

Incorrect many people have been bumped multiple times, I come across one player who gets bumped every time he makes a trip. But he never gets ganked.

Back to being about me again.

I am talking about a poor mechanic in a game aka bumping which enables players to hold a person up with no consequences. The mechanic creates the victim.

What can one say, deserved!!! That is why people gank and I have no issue with that.

1 Like

LOL making friends is difficult for some too, particularly forum-weirdos with chronically hurt butts and paranoid dispositions. :grin:

3 Likes

Reading and comprehension is especially difficult for you, turning my comment about the difficulty of finding people that would gank a bumper to something that you could have another inept dig with.

Deflection is all you can do when you lose the argument.

@Nicolai_Serkanner , so you were so wrong about Brisc, that is because you don’t know jack.

1 Like

What was the argument, again? I don’t really pay that close attention to your drivel…

3 Likes

One your brain can’t pick up on obviously. The clue is in the title of this thread…

1 Like

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: The game is mean and unfair.” Yeah, we’ve all been hearing this tune from you for years, brother.

2 Likes

You can’t even get that right, bumping of freighters is a poor mechanic that allows someone to effectively point someone with no consequences and needs to be adjusted or removed because it gives too much control and can be used to grief someone for hours.

How you extrapolate that to the drivel you just wrote is your issue.

1 Like

See, whining about how unfair the game is. Case-in-point.

2 Likes

Bumping not the game, reading comprehension is hard for you.

1 Like

You can’t protect players from every possible thing in a sandbox as then it’s not a sandbox but rather a playpen.

grief someone for hours

I might be wrong here but can’t you just log-off, wait a few minutes and log back in…the bumper will be gone and you can move on…

I was bumped for about 10 minutes once in my Charon…I called out in local for help and a dude came by and bumped the bumper (I think that’s what happened) and I escaped…tipped the guy 10M and carried on.

2 Likes

How can you translate an issue with bumping to the above drivel. I have an issue with a specific mechanic which is what this thread is about.

That is definitely an option for the ransom and trick duel types. But you have to be certain that this is the type of individual that is bumping you otherwise they will scan your ship down, which is easy to do, then give you a combat timer and you now need to be probed down for people to come help you.

Bumping the bumper is not as easy as many people make out, you are trying to bump a fast moving ship not a whale which is moving in the same direction.

Often when this sort of counter bump happened the bumper was not serious as it was a ransom or scam attempt and he was most likely not concentrating or trying too hard.

My suggestion to remove bumping is to make the event happen around the gates and create a cat and mouse type counter play of trying to snag the gankers while they get into position, this would also enable the freighter pilot to use the cloak timer to his advantage. The intention is to make it less controlled for the gankers and more uncertain or challenging and require people to play with friends and not be a boring multi-boxing farming exercise.

1 Like

LOL watching someone with a years-long history of whining about how unfair the game is trying to get people to view one of his posts in isolation. :rofl:

2 Likes