Getting bumped in a freight highsec should make the bumper flagged

To : CCP

Getting bumped in a freight highsec should make the bumper flagged.

A freighter shouldn’t even be able to be pushed by a small frigate or anything smaller then it. It doesn’t make since there is no counter to this in highsec at all the bumper never get flagged so you cant attack it. Then you lose everything. It’s happened to many times and CCP needs to finally do something about this and at least make them flagged so they can get Concored. They can bump all they want out in null but it disrupts freighters from doing our job and eventually taking us out of business because I literally can’t afford anything anymore because of this ■■■■ so please change this.

Also I have heard it all before from you pro bumpers out there like “oh what if your in a crowded station”. Like please don’t be stupid the concept is simple :joy:. Make the mechanic to where if the same character bumps you more then 2 to 3 times they should get a suspect flag to where you can defend yourself then if that person still keeps bumping you they get a criminal flag and Concord can step in because it is high security space and Concord doesn’t condone with acts of aggression.

Thank you.

6 Likes

First of all, when two ships collide it’s hard to decide who is the bumper, and who has been bumped. Try it, write down a rule or formula using masses m1 and m2 and velocities v1 and v2 of ships 1 and 2 when they collide (for the 3rd time), which ship should go suspect?

Second, once you have such an algorithm, people will figure out ways to exploit it. For example – using a freighter on the jita undock to turn other ships suspect.

14 Likes

Hate to say it but this has been beaten to death a millions times already. Delete this before it goes like all the other posts.

2 Likes

Game does not understand ‘bump’ only that two or more ships are entering eachothers space. There’s no way to define a bump without exposing it to exploits (like finding new ways to bump or by making it look like a freighter is bumping a ganker)

And don’t even try to go down this rabbit hole. Been there, done that, year after year. Just read the first paragraph again if you have this idea again or still think you can make it work. You can’t.

5 Likes

If ships go suspect for bumping into each other I would have to say pvp at Jita undock would increase dramatically.

4 Likes

Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF

18 Likes

You guys don’t get it CCP can make it possible specifically when you uncloak off of a gate there’s many ways to prevent this from happening you can make it to where the freighter can only be bumped by something is same size as it or you can make some sort of bump timer it don’t have to be algorithms or anything like that.I’ve already explained it wouldn’t cause problems undocking from a station because you’d have to do it multiple times to get flagged all I’m asking is for a fighting chance for the freighters. So if I don’t get any progress out of this post then I’m going to have to just make a logi crew to save these freighters so we can fight back.

3 Likes

Save the whales.

4 Likes

A few years ago I used to fly for Red Frog. Ransom bumping was popular at the time - a bulkhead fit freighter with less than 1 billion cargo really isn’t worth ganking. The counter is to stop your ship; look forward along the spine of the ship; if you see something warpable within 15 degrees of your bow - right click, warp and you warp instantly. This can be a structure, beacon or simply a bookmark. It worked whenever I needed it. I’m told there are bumpers with sufficient expertise to prevent this but never encountered one - I was chased once, Machariels are fast enough - fortunately I warped to 100 and he warped to 0 so I got away.

1 Like

It’s a computer game - everything is algorithms…

5 Likes

Why not just apply simple phisichs? a small ship that bump in a colossal ship gets damaged. Done

2 Likes

Because jita undock

1 Like

Nah. There is a thing called CrimeWatch which has safety setting that prevent you from going suspect or getting CONCORDed. Allowing ship navigation to circumvent that puts a glaring hole in that system and thus will almost certainly never be implemented.

The solution CCP came up with for bumping was a three minute warp timer. That might work, but it seems there wasn’t enough interest for CCP to find the time to implement it. Maybe some day.

6 Likes

Disable ship to ship collision. it’s the only way that can’t be exploited.

5 Likes

It is disabled: that’s why they bump and you are magically turned to a direction with speeds out of reality, even speeds impossible to the freighter with own engines.

2 Likes

You guys didn’t listen to a word I said. Wow

2 Likes

They do not need to listen.
You are the one who needs to listen.

• Whatever you’re thinking is possible is not actually possible.
  • If bumping was a problem, CCP would have stepped in.
  • You are being too much driven by feelings and therefore receive less positive reactions.
  • Your second post is void of any punctuation.

Your belief that you know better than CCP, and know better than the THOUSANDS who talked about the same things before, does not make you look smart. It makes you look ignorant.

Do you want to come across as ignorant, or smart?
Is everyone here your enemy, or are you maybe just wrong?
Does CCP not address bumping, because it’s not an issue, or because they hate freighters?

You are fooling yourself believing you have figured it all out.

11 Likes

Oh Lord, here we go. :roll_eyes:

When you finally find razor and it is in another forum whine thread about bumping…

3 Likes

The wrong way of dealing with your issue

The Eve way of dealing with your issue

3 Likes