Getting bumped in a freight highsec should make the bumper flagged

You do realize you can bump multiple times if you’re blocked right on the undock and trying to align out to a gate or station, right.

So, how much isk did you lose to gankers?

2 Likes

We did. You just didnt like what we said.

2 Likes

How about a bumping invulnerability timer.
After you jump through a gate or undock at the station you get a one minute of bumping invulnerability.
Targeting would not disrupt the timer. Shooting would.

2 Likes

All that would do is make sure that every bumper kept a suicide alt to quickly shoot at the target to remove that bump invulnerability. Would accomplish nothing.

2 Likes

*SIXTY-sixth

b70

11 Likes

They would have to put more effort into it and i think think some ransom bumpers would not do that.

As a member of highsec’s pvp Community, I heartily endorse this mechanic.

I would like to see all ship bumps result in “suspect status”.

I can’t see any real way this could be abused. I think it would be a mechanic of justice and peace.

Thank you,
Mo

9 Likes

Thank you Ghost.

2 Likes

in order to make this work, ask yourself this: how can you determine the difference between an “accidental bump” to an “aggressing bump”?
if you just say that “a bump is a bump” then almost everyone around tradehubs will go suspect under your vission of the game for accidental bumping.
it just wont work.

You’re wrong every single ransom bumper as well as bumpers for gank fleets would do this… why wouldn’t they?

I don’t know every bumper in the game, but i guess there are enough of them with only one account, who would consider to do something different to endorse my proposal. However it would bring a bit more content to the game and every bit of more content is good, right?

Btw. How would a “single” ransom bumper even do that?

IMO both ships should just take collision damage. ■■■■ Jita. Suicide gankers can just fly their cats into the whale.

Would royally ■■■■ any and every nullsec fleet too, lol. FC orders fleet to anchor, fleet implodes. The scrubs could all go back to HS and null would be null again.

4 Likes

because all you have to do then is maximise the mass of the smaller ships and OP propmod them, smash them into the target until the target goes pop. Concord wouldn’t even bother since no weapons were fired.

1 Like

actually not, cause if you spend slots to increase the mass, it will lose shield\hull, speed, etc, i doubt a small ship can have more shield\hull than orca or freighter

giphy%20(3)

3 Likes

There would be some kind of speed mass formula yes…
That means there would be some kind of ship that at a certain velocity would survive but do decent damage to the freighter.
Then you hit the freighter with such a ship repeatadly and rep it in between bumps since there is no suspect flag.
You have now introduced zero cost ganking. congratulations.

How long do you plan on waiting for CCP to solve your problems for you?

4 Likes

you crazy? the damage to the freighter would be minimum! also, if theres damage, it can easily be coded to activate concord. done problem solved

2 Likes

Why would the damage to a freighter be minimal.
Not to mention freighters are not the only industrial. let’s consider barges and industrials in this also.
Put forward your unabusable damage calculation.

And for your second point, so I get a freighter to run into me and the freighter gets concorded! Awesome. That’s even better for the gankers.
This is why bumping doesn’t cause damage.

personally i’d like to see freighters reworked to be frigate sized 1000k cargo space ships.

but the fix for this is easy, just up the mass on the freighter and they cant bump anymore.

either way trading is almost dead in eve and really needs a fix.