Getting rid of the Agent Finder? NOOOOOOO!

Also want to filter / show storyline agents in the new finder.

Old map still works while new map is being worked on, I don’t understand the problem that requires removal of current agent finder.

7 Likes

I don’t think anyone outside of CCP understands why they are doing it this way.

5 Likes

The mighty Gerald Mardiska says…NO! NO TAKE AWAY THE AGENT FINDER…STOP “FIXING” THINGS THAT DONT NEED FIXING.

3 Likes

When I write “I don’t understand the problem that requires removal of current agent finder,” I am thinking back to when EVE gate was shut down. CCP explained a serious security problem required them to shut it down.

This case is more like the ongoing work to improve the star map, where CCP elected to keep “old map” operational for a while longer.

I’ve worked in software development and been surprised by last minute check-ins, and given the holiday period it’s possible a late code check-in before the 9th could address some of the problems seen on the test server right now.

3 Likes

CCP at least fixed the obvious bug (checked this on the test server). We can only hope that the new interface adds features to bring in up to the usefulness of the old finder in the rich fullness of time. It ain’t going to be tomorrow, however.

1 Like

I’m still not seeing a way to look for Storyline agents in the ‘new’ tool. I use that to more rapidly improve standings with a specific corp. Using the Info box/agents tab on a corp does not provide this information.

1 Like

I was really sad to see this in the patch notes :confused:

1 Like

Agent finder is for the most part useless.

Who is the DEV that did this?

So he gives us dorked up interface that doesn’t find agents I know are there unless I know what corp they are, and destroys what worked perfectly.

So hire dork over functionality, good job.

4 Likes

Not sure this is translating correctly…

–Linguist Gadget

2 Likes

I see alot of people is freaking out about agent finder and maybe don’t like the new agency one. Little reminder you can actually have a complete list of agent by searching the corporation info panel and going into the Agents tab for full display of their agents seperated into their missions type and levels. They tell you the number of jumps you have between you and them and specify if they are available to you. So if you don’t like Agency you can still work your way with that even tho its less quick to switch between factions and corporations.

1 Like

Yes, this works in some situations, but when it does, it’s a very convoluted and inefficient way to the goal which used to be direct and efficient. Having to break down every search this way is a serious PitA, considering how many corporations are in each faction - drill down into one, make notes on paper or in the notepad, then back out, drill into the next one - that’s absurdly time- and effort-intensive, and error-prone (a person can accidentally omit a lot, doing it this way.) For some, this may provide a workaround, but this is not how it ought to be done. One doesn’t scratch one’s left ear using their right hand after contorting it behind their back, over their head, under their groin, and via the corner store.

PS: Cool name, btw :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I agree with you, I was just pointing that out so at least you can still have something that give you a more compact and complete list of agents compared to the agency.

For me tho it’s not really a problem since I always select agent by searching the Lp store content I want to access before even thinking about where I am going to do missions. So it help me alots filtering the possibilities and making my research not painfull at all. But that is just my preference.

P.S.: Thank you I like that name too, thought the word Bladerunner sound badass.

1 Like

Copy of it is here http://ea.omg-cdn.net/

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. That will come in useful.

1 Like

Any third-party agent finders can not consider all your standings. You may know standing with exact corp but miss a lot of agents from other corp whose can (or can not) provide a mission due to faction standing change.

1 Like

I tried it, but it seems to be down. :hushed: (edit: it works now)

1 Like

CCP folks, will the Agency tool be upgraded to allow it to do ALL of what the agent finder did? The current tool simply doesn’t do that, and that does represent a ripping-away of player capability.

3 Likes

Borrowed from the feedback thread… I like this tool.

"Try this one.

http://ea.omg-cdn.net/7 "

1 Like

It’s up again and does pretty well. Thanks Chribba!

1 Like

I still don’t understand why the Agent Finder was removed. The Agency clearly does not substitute for it in any effective way.

1 Like