Getting started in high sec DED

I have an alpha clone in Saldari space high sec, and I was wondering if anyone had some guidelines for Gellente pilots that want to start running high sec rated and unrated DED sites. I have found a bunch of information about the names of sites and how many frigates there are in each, but what I really want to know is what ships y’all would recommend for Guristas DED 1-4, and whether or not they are doable with an alpha clone.

Alpha clones can certainly run highsec DED sites.

Gallente pilots can make great use of the Vexor, as it can leave a high slot free for the probe launcher without harming the damage output.

Fittings tend to be focussed around fast targeting and being able to kill lots of small frigates very fast, as you will be racing other players to the loot if you run the scanned public sites.

If you run anomaly combat sites for farming escalations/expeditions then you do not have to worry about players in the resulting DED (over and above normal ninja looter, gankers etc).

Again, when running anomalies, they are public so you want to be able to target fast and kill small frigates very quickly in order to beat other players to the commander/escalation trigger.

So, both for running scanned combat sites and combat anomalies, you will want a sensor booster with scan resolution script and/or a signal amplifier to aid with your targeting speed.
Then you want modules that help apply your damage to small targets, so omnidirectional tracking links/enhancers to aid your drones. Possibly a drone navigation computer as well to cut down their travel times.
You’ll also be wanting a 50mn microwarp drive for grabbing loot cans/wrecks/getting to gates when racing other people.

Learn what you need to do in each room to unlock the gate, a full clear is rarely needed. Some of the keys that the npc drop are not used up when activating the gates, so you can bypass some rooms by keeping those keys in your cargo.

In the final room, kill the overseer npc/structure first, grab the loot then gtfo.

Except the Vexor is a cruiser and they cannot be used in 1-10 and 2-10 sites.
1-10 require frigates.
2-10 destroyers or smaller.

For 1-10 any Gallente frigate will work, my preferred would be the Tristan if you are a drones pilot and the Incursus if you do not like or want to fly a drones ship. If you can fly it and afford it the Federation Navy Comet would be an excellent choice as well.

For 2-10 either of the Gallente destroyers will work, my preferred would be the Algos because the flexibility drones offer.

For 3-10 again any of the Gallente cruisers would work, my preference would be the Vexor (drones) or the Thorax.

For 4-10 and an alpha clone the best choice may be the Genosis, although a well fit and well flown Vexor can handle them as well.

Any suggested Vexor fits for alphas? I have been running a few sites without much trouble, but the second part of Terrorist Plot! was just crushing my tank so fast.

Here are a couple of fits that would work. Not sure they are “best” fits or that they will work for your skills levels but they will give you a starting point.

[Vexor] - low skills all T1 fittings

Medium Armor Repairer I
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Empty slot
Empty slot

Large Cap Battery I
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Empty slot
Empty slot

Dual 150mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge M
Core Probe Launcher I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Anti-Thermal Pump I
Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump I

Drones as you want / need. My suggestion would be 5x hobgoblin and 5x hammerheads and then fill the rest of the bay with whatever you want, salvage drones may be a good idea.

The empty mids you can use whatever you want.
The empty lows are for the armor hardeners as needed based on npc you will be fighting,
Change to T2 or faction pieces as skills and ISK allow.

[Vexor 2] - higher skills all T2 fittings where possible

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Core Probe Launcher II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Tracking Computer II
10MN Afterburner II

Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Drones as you want / need. My suggestion would be 5x hobgoblin and 5x hammerheads and then fill the rest of the bay with whatever you want, salvage drones may be a good idea.

Tracking computer in the mids could be replaced with whatever you want, I find the tracking help for the turrets to be the most useful.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.