Gila Botting is Out of Hand

Went on a roam through ‘Omist’ in Nullsec. Over 50 gila’s we saw in 5 systems, all about 3 days old and just joined corp yesterday.

FC said they were all bots, I messaged the pilots none responded.

FC said it is common problem they need to make Gila Omega, others said make the rats point.

This was nuts for me to see, just system after system of blatant botting.

2 Likes

Well, did you kill them?

2 Likes

You can’t kill bots because they’re programmed to instantly go to a safe area (safespot, tether, etc.) the second a neutral appears in local.

9 Likes

Blow them up, Null is noob. No one will stop you.

Scan them down, safe areas are still areas on the map. Or … there’s no way logging out sends you to a non-existent place, does it? That’s just cheese CCP, mass cheese.

just wait until the cloak nerf.

The botters are gonna absolutely LOVE it

2 Likes

They don’t log out. They warp to a safespot and cloak, and then log out if there are no probes on scan. These days, they simply warp to a friendly citadel, since there’s pretty much at least one in every system.

You can’t catch a well-coded bot. They react instantly, and warp out faster than it takes a warp-rigged interceptor to complete a warp and target them (if the interceptor pilot somehow goes to the right place right away by sheer luck).

1 Like

I would sub another acct just for the Montezuma’s/Ridley’s/afk cloakey revenge aspect, but it’s just not worth giving CCP the extra number…

Damm, tonight’s numbers are low? Not enough Gila’s on the market?
Muttley laugh-mix - YouTube

Just report them and move on. There’s nothing else you can do it.
Also, don’t use “I messaged them, but they didn’t respond” as a sign of botting. I don’t care for like 99.99% of EVE’s player’s opinions, so I’ll ignore any messages you send me in game too.

2 Likes

No, they instantly warped out as soon as neutral appears in local

cant blow them up, they warp to safe as soon as neutral appears in local

Getting them banned does nothing; they are alpha accounts using Gilas.

CCP should do something to stop it.

3 Likes

CCP doesn’t care. Accept it and move on.

1 Like

They don’t input any real money into the game and instead flood it with isk.

Thats bad for everyone… why wouldn’t CCP care about that?

Because if they did, they would have acted on it YEARS ago when VNI bots were a thing.

It’s funny, because the really good ones have chat software built in, and will actually make small talk with you. All the while sending alerts to their owners so that they can come in for manual intervention if necessary.

Any idea how much they make in any given day per bot?

I wonder why everyone isn’t doing it. I just found out and I’m pissed its allowed but since its allowed I want in on it!! Free isk!

I have no idea, I haven’t ratted in null-sec in like a decade. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that.

Because most people don’t want to actively participate in a bannable offense as they’re usually just managing their main and possibly an alt account. The bot farms that these people use automate dozens upon dozens of fresh account creations and burn through hundred+ bots a month (according to the number of bans that CCP announced a while back).

And since most people don’t have that, they don’t bot. The ones that do usually pop over on r/eve and complain about how they were banned without evidence and demand CCP provide proof (which CCP is never under any obligation to do so).