Gila getting 5 drones back?

My best guess would be they want more than Gilas and the odd ballsacrilege in abysmal space. Snowflake fits out there exist and use other boats, but none of them are optimal. Any min/maxer ends up using a Gila. The change doesn’t really affect pvp at all… mediums will eventually die to smartbombs either way.

2 Likes

So it’s a direct nerf to farmers, which means it’s also a direct nerf to RMTers …
So it would be fair to say that everyone, who shows a strong emotional reaction, actually is an RMTer?

1 Like

Hits abysmal farmers most, alpha free loaders too (this may be what falcon was referring to when i asked him about alphas and pirate ships).

But this is also a good change for someone who finds themself facing off against a gila 1v1.

1 Like

Why? people gravitate to certain ships for a reason, removing them doesn’t make the other options any more attractive… this has long been the problem with development of this game - especially when it turns out that nerf batting/removal of something has been used to later reintroduce it in another form as something new or to be able to add in something new so it stands out.

I see this thread is going to go down the same old cycle of stupid and the change end up with a few more people quietly quitting the game that could have been retained as customers with a less sledge hammer approach.

They just did… hit points wise. :thinking:

Now I know why CCP Guard left. He knew about this Spring “nerf-bat” Update coming down the pipe and wanted to have nothing to do with it.

That’s exactly what it does.

Ships technically compete with eachother to be flown by capsuleers. So one losing power makes capsuleers more inclined to choose it’s competitors.

I know right! How awful ccp are for rebalancing ships on an on-going basis and correcting changes that proved undesirable.

What they should do is change things only once and, no matter how good or bad the change turns out, refuse to ever touch the game again.

Why aren’t you a dev Rroff?

2 Likes

Sometimes there is one overpowered meta that renders even other viable choices void but generally that isn’t the case often the other options are woefully lacking - excrement doesn’t stop being excrement because you remove the roses beside it.

Neither of those things are what I’m saying at all. I’m talking about the justifications used to make changes such as ships shouldn’t have X + Y + Z all in one package and swinging the nerf bat then introducing a new ship a few months later that has all of X + Y + Z in one package…

Neither am I saying nothing should ever be touched - but there are good and bad approaches to how you make changes.

I’ve no interest in becoming a game dev for CCP if that is what the last bit is about but I am a capable games programmer, experienced at 3D modelling and level design, etc. for the record.

Yes, obviously CCP Guard left because of changes to the game. He just couldn’t deal with knowing that all those poor farmers, who need to RMT for a living, will be crying and screaming in pain!

Man, you sure as ■■■■ figured Life out!

1 Like

You can go back to can flipping now.

All the more reason not to let Alphas fly them…

1 Like

Why?? There isn’t going to be anyone left to fly them?

I think the VNI nerf is much worse than the Gila’s

1 Like

Or maybe he had enough of crybabies like you that don’t like changes.

Just like that, the Winter 2019 (and now Spring 2019) as you can see here, promoted the “More Balance” section, where they said they’ll be balancing modules and ships to keep the PVP meta fresh.
Welcome to EVE Online, kid. A single ship is used for multiple things, so you’re little PVE Gila IS affected by changes normally done for PVP.

Live with it. Or quit. Either way, we’ll be good with, because you’ll shut the hell up.

3 Likes

And you can go back to crying about how CCP made it harder for you to earn a living via RMT.

:slight_smile:

You’re assuming there is a problem with the other competitors. You need to show how this is the case.

If 10 piles of excrement are together, but one has roses growing out of it. The easiest way to make them equal is to remove the roses.

The gila was the problem. Not it’s competitors.

just remove guristas tbh

Won’t really hurt gila’s in a-holes, just means i’ll have to replace a few more drones every now and then, but keeping an eye on my drones will prevent most losses so the average gila costs aren’t going to go up by much, won’t really hurt PvE where the pilot is actively paying attention :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

People gravitate to what is strongest because they like the strongest thing. The problem with that is it becomes Gilas Online instead of Eve online. Using the same logic they could make a cruiser with a DD on it and it’d be fine because people gravitated to use that ship and we don’t need to make it balanced because they like it.

2 Likes

Gila drone HITPOINTS have been nerfed, not their damage. So you should be asking for a 50% DAMAGE nerf for the rats in the Abyss to make the situation for your drones the same as before… but that obviously is not going to happen.

Gila is probably still the best ship for the Abyss, but you’re going to pay a little more attention to your drone health, even though drone HP of Gila drones is still bigger than that of other drones.

And this was an example of a good change. It nerfed the Gila, but not in a painful way; drone damage hasn’t been touched and the drone hitpoint bonus is still making the Gila drones bigger than normal drones. Gila will still be a powerful drone boat capable of doing PvE like before, but you need to pay a little more attention to damage to your drones now, or pick another ship.

A bad change would have just killed the Gila. Like nerfing the drone DAMAGE to 250%.

2 Likes