Gnosis Cons?

If you’re Omega you’ll be getting a brand new Gnosis in under 3 weeks as part of EVE’s 15th anniversary celebration.

just for clarification regarding the lost ship, the Arbitrator is as capable as the other Amarr combat cruisers. its actually the most flexible due to having an semi-even slot layout, your mistake was chugging so much shield buffer (and thus shooting your signature radius to battleship lvls) without any kind of resistances.

[Arbitrator, Unnamed loadout]
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium Shield Booster II
Large Cap Battery II
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile
[empty high slot]

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

you cant run a dedicated set of hardeners for the missions unless you sacrifice some modules and rigs for capacitor but with that fit you can get a capstable tank with good resistances against any type of rat (L2s arent that hard to run anyways).

not sure on the lowslots but im surre you can run 3 DDAs and 2 BCUs, you have to see your skills.

The gnosis is slow as ■■■■. It hasn’t got any projection or application bonuses.

If you had turret disruptors fit, you could have gotten away at least, since optimal disrupted blasters on a slow ship can’t hit things outside of knife fighting distance.

1 Like

…with the “slight” difference that she is an electronic warfare boat with some defense drones.

If you would have read my guide and fit an armor tank with tracking disruptiors, you would have vaporized that gnosis easy.

1 Like

i was talking it from the PvE side, not the PvP one since the OP said the ship was for missioning.

The Gnosis is good for PvE and for newer players with lower fitting skills as it has generous fitting attributes. Also it’s currently selling for approx 35 mill which is cheaper than most other BCs.

Hence, I would definitely consider using it for mission running.

it took me and 2 of my friends to take down a gnosis in losec…he killed one of us but the day was ours.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.