Gnosis, Jack of all trades or waste of ISK

I like the gnosis. It’s very, very slow but can fit micro jump drives and has the align time of a cruiser. Also thanks to the 6-6-6 layout you can bring tons of E-War for small gangs if armor fitted.

Gnosis is not really up to the “normal” BC’s tank and dps wise. But it’s perfect for newer players because all of it’s bonuses are Rolebonuses and it’s cheap. It definitely has it’s niche.

Have you thought of taking a Gnosis and belt-ratting in low sec? 0.1 and 0.2 systems have special rats (clone soldiers) in asteroid belts that drop tags worth 30m each. You need to destroy all asteroid rats and eventually a clone soldier will spawn. Easy isk. You can probably spawn two clone soldiers per hour, plus you’ll earn extra bounty just from killing normal belt rats. I used to do this in Aridia a few years ago.

1 Like

Well, I have told that I had already bought the Gnosis but there’s been a slight change. The Gnosis proved to be very useful and a budget ship for newbie explorers. I had earned 90 million in 5 days and it was way too shocking for me but due to my stupidity, I lost my Gnosis but I had enough money to buy an Astero. So, I bought it and now I can hack almost every type of data or relic container due to its bonuses without failing but I didn’t say Gnosis is a bad ship. It is a good ship of a perfect balance of Combat and Exploration. So, I think this topic will provide useful for those who are in a dilemma that they should buy Gnosis or not.

1 Like

Alright! Now you can lose an Astero!

In all seriousness, just have the backbone to own your mistakes. You aren’t the first noob to lose an Aste . . . errrr . . . Gnosis in a wormhole. And you aren’t the first noob to get fixated on an expensive ship and lose it against the advice of more veteran players and then go out and make the same mistake again by buying a different expensive ship believing this time, with this ship, it will be different. And this time, when you lose the Astero, you won’t be the first noob to become disillusioned and frustrated and (secretly) sad that you are failing unheroically. Others have come before you, paved the way for you to move forward. Just honor their memory by answering this question, at least to yourself: What did I learn?

What’s your point, i don’t get it? Respectively what in GameGuardian’s post triggered you?

1 Like

the Gnosis is pretty solid for combat missions. albeit too slow for my tastes but yeah, its a battlecruiser anyways.

i wouldnt recommend it for C1s, too expensive, too slow. you can do most C1 sites in a T1 Combat Frigate of any race as long as you do the research on the sites and encounters along with preparing your skills for mastering the ship.

in exchange that can help you get some kind of edge when trying you first dips into PVP. the Gnosis would just be a big waste of money and SP for doing just PvE as skilling it up for full performance would take much longer.

You don’t understand my post but you understand it well enough to know the underlying emotional state I was in when I wrote it? lulzity-[expletive deleted]-lul
Are you new here, too?

Well first of all, I am not a noob. Not in this this game because it had been a year I had been playing this game and secondly losing an Astero is not a problem since it’s just a game.
Gnosis was a good ship for me but it had no bonuses. I can hack every type of cans with my Astero and this time I am not alone. I am with my friend and I hacked 100 million loot in a day. Now I am planning to buy an Stratios or Nestor but I am not sure yet. It is slow.

After all thanks for your post. It may be useful!

1 Like

As far as the Gnosis is concerned. It is a middle of the road ship. Not even a jack of all type… it is just meh, at everything. The only thing it has going for it is that it is EXTREMELY flexible on its build. You never know what you may run into with that ship and you can set it up that way also. But it isnt fast, if anything I think it is the slowest BC sized vessel. But it does have a fast align time for a ship its size. I have 3 of them… and I dont think I have used one in nearly a year. I just use a T1 Cruiser for exploration if I am going to explore. Or a Probe or Cheetah for low and nullsec exploration. But with those I am strictly hacking and not fighting.

And 100mil in loot in 1 day isnt bad… for high sec. But you can do better if you jump out to WHs and null.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.