Going to Jita for the first time

and if any one of those 40 systems got invaded, there will be no more connection between Caldari and Amarr through high sec? thats scary.

Not quite, there are a handful of the systems on that route that can’t be avoided, but many systems can be bypassed with another route - in those cases it just adds more jumps.
It’s worth noting that the “long route” from Amarr to Jita also takes in places like Rens, the Minmatar market hub - small, but it could be a Hek worse. That in itself does partly make up for the increased distance, and may be to Rens’ benefit.
God knows something should save the miserable bunch of rust eaters from their delusions of adequacy.
I digress.

Anyway: For example, there’s a system on the silk road (the Amarr-Providence route) that’s just been fought over - losing it didn’t cut the route but would have added a few more jumps into it.

Several systems on current long Amarr-Jita route have already been successfully defended. The headache is we have to win every one to secure the route, the Triglavians and their traitorous sympathisers only need to succeed in one.
Strategically, losing Nairja does shake things up a little, but people will easily adapt. It’s not made a fundamental change to trade, just made the journey longer. I saw my first convoy of freighters heading through Eredan less than an hour after the loss. People adapted quickly.

The other hassle is ending up with a route with a 0.5 security bottleneck in it - it becomes a prime location for ganking. But at least it’s still open to those that take care.

I’m not a bulk hauler and trader that uses freighters and so depends on hi-sec routes for safety. I’m reasonably happy running small cargoes through lo-sec if I have to. But I do sympathise with their plight - especially since I use their services and the ungrateful heathens will put their prices up.

1 Like

There’s literally no danger in these systems if you’re just flying through. The carebears of EVE will tell you otherwise, but I have literally never experienced anything in those systems while just going gate to gate.

even Niarja? I think I’ll be fine if I fly a crazily tanked frigate, but not a industrial.

The only way of escaping Niarja camps is an instawarping frigate like an interceptor, nothing else will escape. Even then there are plenty of interceptor kills in Niarja on zkillboard. Tanking will do nothing because there is no concord there to help you, you’ll just die slower.

There is minimal danger if you’re at the keyboard and alert. If you’re AFKing through hisec it’s only a question of when a bored ganker decides you’re easy prey.

what about a venture? it got a built in warp core stabiliser right?

You’ll either die instantly from an alpha volley (first strike), or you’ll be warp scrambled, webified and killed in very short time by the triglavians and/or player gatecamps.

Niarja is effective nullsec, which means CONCORD will not intervene, which means you’re lunch for anyone on gate.

The venture’s +2 warp core stab is going to be useless when you have 5 faction warp scramblers pinning you down and 2 heavy warp disruptors along with a heavy stasis grappler and another couple webifiers.

1 Like

but the campers in Niarja is all coordinated? they dont kill each other? or is Niarja just a huge anarchy system with chaos?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.