Golem Build need feedback plz

(Sasha Viderzei) #21

Uhh…

For something that looks SO expensive, not only is the DPS extremely low (my nightmare with T2 guns and heat sinks already go above that for a fraction of the price) but tanking is a bit lacking…

Do you have good support skills ?

(Anderson Geten) #22

yeah, that’s why he is writing in cap MUCH SUPPORT !!

(Sasha Viderzei) #23

According to Osmium, this is approximatively what you can get… But I must admit I’m quite surprised, even with an All V character, a Nightmare can reach better damage with Multifrequency, the only domain lacking being the tank…

Plus the fit only is apparently 1.2B, and that’s without the price of the ship.

(Anderson Geten) #24

replace it with pithum med at least. Then replace a BCU with a DCU.
also two invuls pith > invul T2+gist.
and replace 500mn with MJD.

(Buoytender Bob) #25

Above examples are why my Golem has been relegated to Hanger Queen status for a couple of years. While easiest to skill into and the most versatile damage dealing of the Marauders, the anemic dps and delayed damage weapon systems causing wasted ammo use has caused it to fall lower in my Marauder pantheon. My blaster Kronos deals well over 1400dps and the damage is instant, no wasted ammo. Of course, I won’t be selling my Golem anytime soon; the versatility is just too great to ignore and who knows what CCP will change in the future. I agree that unless you plan to go full clear with a MTU and salvage drones ( I rarely ever use my combat drones), a Raven,RS, or any cheaper ship would suffice until you get fully skilled up. Nothing sadder than seeing an expensive ship get lost due to suboptimal fittings, especially if it is your own.

(elitatwo) #26

Yep and dps is very much important for an alpha gun.

(Jeremiah Saken) #27

This. Golem can alpha cruiser, but I agree, it is boring hull. Small rof and delayed damage plus micromanaging tp(s). Kronos is underestimated.

(Butt Cigar) #28

I used to use a DCU but found I didn’t need the tank. Much prefer the extra DPS from the 4th BCU.

Tried the MJD ages ago, but what’s it for again? LOL I don’t need to jump around and it’s a pain trying to get to a gate 20km away.

I like running a shield booster cap stable. Not ideal I know, but I’m lazy. The Pithum varieties all destroy my cap.

(Butt Cigar) #29

I’m all level 5 skills and I have all missile implants. This Golem alphas most Frigs, all destroyers and cruisers and will 3-4 shot battleships. Forget the DPS number. It’s all about application - the rigs, the implants, the target painters: that’s where your REAL power comes from.