Golem fitting for c3-4

Hello, i’m in need on advices for a fitting, i’m a “new” 13 Million point player who usually make almost only L4 mission in high Sec on a navy Raven…no issue at all.
These days i’ve completed the training that allow me to fly in a Golem…i’ve never done any wormhole before so i’m looking for any adavice on this fitting.

I was thinking to use a mid-grade crystal set on a clone

[Golem, Simulated Golem Fitting]
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Large Micro Jump Drive
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger

Caldari Navy Cruise Missile Launcher
Bastion Module I
Imperial Navy Large EMP Smartbomb
Imperial Navy Large EMP Smartbomb
Heavy Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hobgoblin II x5

Scourge Fury Cruise Missile x120

This build can be viable? Or i could suffer from capacitor neut?
Looking around i’ve seen that noone use faction launcher and stick with t2…there are reasons to do this (except to avoid a gank for loot)?

Thanks for any advice and sorry for my english i’m an Italian motherlanguage :slightly_smiling_face:

I think you have some good ambitions, however I don’t think they really fit well together… i.e flying a Golem, good. Flying in wormhole systems, also good. Flying a golem in a WH system, not so good.

For the low class WHs, I’d suggest a Rattlesnake or Praxis (if you’re just starting out and have your heart set on flying a battleship), as the insurance on the Praxis should mostly cover the cost of losing the ship.
Otherwise I’d recommend dropping down to a Drake for your first trips into WHs to run a combat site or two. Make sure you scout/scan out the system in a covert ops or astero first, this will save time.

The Golem will shine in L4 missions, and is nasty to run into in PvP (without a gang to assist taking it down), however I don’t think it would last very long at all attempting to do PvE in a WH where most people are set up for PvP, and even those that aren’t can quickly reship/call for assistance to take down juicy targets (like a Golem).

The faction missile launchers (up until very recently) were inferior to the T2, and the price difference is massive, which is mostly why people are still using T2.

The fit you have posted would be in danger of dying to neuts, Bhaalgorns are a common occurrence in WH PvP, as well as neut legions/triglavian ships with neuts in the spare high slots… the list goes on. You’ll want to fit a capacitor booster to aid with this, but please think very carefully before taking a Golem into a WH.

Hope to see you in a WH soon! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

Along the same thinking as Cypr3ss keep the golem & crystal clone in high sec. Use a passive rattlesnake for wormholes.

In c3/4 you need to deal with neuts, should have a cheaper ship, and a blank or almost blank clone because you will get bubbled if caught.

I love seeing marauders. Nice shiny killmails. Sometimes have blingy pods too.

Thank you for your replies, so i will start to train for rattle then.
However for what i’ve seen i must focus on passive tanking and heavy drone right?
Sentries drone are only for l4 mission or can be used in WH too?

Start with a Drake and make sure yah not running a wolf rayet. Expect to Lose IT and hope yah payed for the Drake before you get jumped.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.