Good Angel Cartel Ratting Ship

Looking for a good angel cartel ratting ship can fly mostly gallente and caldari ships from frigs to battleships. My budget is about 300-450 mil (lower budgets are preferred :D). So cld u guys suggest any gud ratting ships i’m in scalding pass if that matters 3.5 m skill points (mainly drones and missiles and tracking and flying)

P.S. Also suggest a fit and the budget is inclusive of everything

The sad reality of eve today is just a myrmidon or gila (or ishtar when you get more SP) with minmatar drones.

how much wld a myrmidon make i’m not too interested in the gila because if i screw up (which i will) my hull insurance is gonna be bad also can u suggest a fit?

I’m pretty sure a Bellicose works great for ratting. It’s cheap and easy to replace.
Bellicose
Caldari Navy Nova Heavy Missile x160
Valkyrie II x3
Warrior II x2
Ballistic Control System II x2
Damage Control II
Heavy Missile Launcher II x4
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I x2
Large Shield Extender II x2
Parallel Enduring Target Painter x2

I’ve used a dramiel for all missions thru level 3’s. 3’s can get spicy while learning to sig/speed tank :smiley:

For Angel belts, I used a Bellicose, but I found the battleships repped too fast for Heavy Missiles; instead I used HAM, worked much better. You need to push the DPS and rate of fire as much as you can for battleships, because of the reps. Here’s what I was using…

[Bellicose, Simulated Bellicose Fitting]
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Ballistic Control System II

X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Large Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
Medium Cap Battery II
Medium Cap Battery II

Prototype ‘Arbalest’ Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Explosive Shield Reinforcer I

Salvage Drone I x5
Warrior I x3

1 Like

My attempts to use droneboats on Angels ended disastrously; Angels are brawlers with a rabid hatred of drones, and they will drop everything to munch on them. I spent more time retrieving my drones than I spent with them deployed, and they got chewed up terribly. I gave up on using drones on anything but frigates and destroyers, and even then, I went through a lot of them.

Rereading, if OP doesn’t want to use Minmatar (I use Minmatar cruisers a lot for doctrine reasons), I suggest testing out a Caracal with Nova HAM launchers. I tried a Rupture but I just couldn’t match the DPS I got with the HAMs and web combo, and I assume they might have similar results with a Moa, which would also be a damage type mismatch. The next step up would normally be the Drake, but the Drake, unlike the Caracal, is kinetic-locked and can’t take advantage of Angel vulnerability to explosive damage; hybrid turrets have the same issue.

1 Like

Give this a try. I’ve been having great success running angel cartel L3 security missions in it.

[Cyclone, Simulated Cyclone Fitting]
Damage Control II
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System
Signal Amplifier II

Thermal Shield Amplifier II
Large Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Heavy Missile Launcher II
Shield Command Burst I
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hobgoblin II x6
Salvage Drone II x3

Scourge Fury Heavy Missile x1160
Active Shielding Charge x257
Missile Precision Script x1
Scourge Auto-Targeting Heavy Missile I x2712
Mjolnir Auto-Targeting Heavy Missile I x636
Nova Auto-Targeting Heavy Missile I x200
Inferno Fury Heavy Missile x1438

thanks everyone this really helped :smiley:

Then just shoot them with kinetic. Even in the worst case (elite cruisers) the kinetic resistance is less then 20% higher then the explosive one, and caldari get 25% bonus on kinetic.

Most angels have only like 10% higher kinetic resist though.

The T2 Autocannon Ammo that is considered to be the tool of choice to shredd angels has a considerable kinetic component, too.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.