Goofinder.co.uk

Now, the site goofinder.co.uk has been around a while, and has been getting its data straight from zkill and dead siphons.

This is, of course, not going to be an option going forwards. I’m wondering if,

A: the site is actually of use to anyone (If it is, let me know :smiley: If not, I’ll let it lapse and stop spending the money on the domain)
B: People would accept a totally manual feed, and would contribute to it? (and if you think it wouldn’t be spammed to hell by people who wanted to make it useless)

I’m certainly not going to go round and survey moons. The site was created when someone pointed out what was possible, and I thought “Why the hell not?”

Anyway, let me know in the comments. This is an alt, so I’m not exactly going to be paying attention to evemail on it.

1 Like

I don’t know about all the changes to moon mining since I just briefly glanced over the Dev Blog about it. The main point I got from it is the actual mining is going to be more hands on and not automatic.

Now if the locations for moon mining will continue to be the same, then I see no reason to discontinue the site. There’s been way too many good user apps shut down within the past couple of years.

If only a few moon locations are changed, then I think it’s worthwhile to just update the info.

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, thanks for making that info available to the playerbase.

Well, I took another look at the Dev Blog and noticed this:

a complete reset of the current moon material distributions. We will be running a new randomized algorithm that will create the material compositions of moons across Lowsec and Nullsec space in this new percentage form. This reset of the distribution will happen in the same expansion patch as the introduction of Refineries.

So yeah, seems you and everyone else with Moon Goo apps will have to either update them or shut them down.

:slightly_frowning_face: