Great job on the blackout CCP - now lets talk about skill extracting

if only blizzard/activision would treat console players the way you treat eve online players.

1 Like

For those people, yes.

1 Like

I always wondered what the reason for changing the amount of SP gained after 50M and 80M. As I recall, the original scheme would have heavily restricted injector effectiveness after 80M (I think it was 50k SP per injector)

1 Like

This is the same fallacy we’ve been debunking for years now though. Venerable corporations like EVE University were even founded to debunk this myth. It doesn’t matter what ship you’re flying if you don’t have a frickin clue how to fly it, or if you’re afk, or have no friends to help you out in a pinch, or if you brought scissors and the noob you’re fighting brought rock.

You didn’t address my other question though - by what metric do we judge “catching up”. If it’s by asking who would win in a 1v1, that’s not even relevant to most players, who don’t even do 1v1 fights. There must be some more pertinent metric which we can frame this discussion around, but I just can’t think of it.

I’ve never played any other MMO, so I’m also kind of curious whether they have the same controversy - do level 1 players feel that they should have equal stats as level 100 or whatever players in WoW or whatever other MMOs the kids are playing these days? If so, do the developers cater to that impulse?

As for your final point, the argument why players should not be able to start the game and skill right up to endgame content on day 1 is that they don’t get the same feeling of progression and character development that they would if they naturally progressed through entry level and intermediate content first. These are great experiences that they miss out on. I can see devs concentrating less attention on these aspects of the game as well, if fewer players are choosing to participate in them.

1 Like

“The Blackout have already shown beyond any doubt that AFK ratting and botting was an issue needing taking care of.”

I stopped reading your post right there.

What the Blackout HAS shown, is that a bunch of players have unsubbed and not logging in. There is absolutly no way for you to know if they were botters, afk ratters or not.

No, nope, you cant possibly know that it was “a large portion of them” either.

You all have the solution allready. One account running per IP. DONE eve is fixed.

2 Likes

How do you figure that? As of right now, PCU numbers are 2K higher for the same time last week, and are dead even with the week before.

Additionally, kills are up about 12% relative to the week before the blackout. Similarly, the total kills the first weekend of the blackout were up a similar amount relative to the average of the weekend kill totals for the previous two months.

While we’ll need a few weeks of blackout data for any credible trend to appear, based on what little data we have, your claim is unsubstantiated.

2 Likes

People live together in the same domiciles.
College campuses where the residential network is behind NAT exist.
Carrier-grade NAT exists.

Great idea, though, if you ignore all the problems with assuming an IP is a person.

It made me rage quit, only to come back later after not having found something else to play that’s on par. And now I make use of the mechanic I (still) dislike.

1 Like

I heard you had an idea to restrict cynos in low sec, that would be a huge improvement.

At least in low, where new players are trying to start out in PvP, that would reduce the meta to sub caps.

I think that for new players trying to PvP in LS (usually FW) a fix for SS and neutrals in FW complexes should be addressed before supers.

I disagree on the neutrals in plexes, while I would love to have more FW-FW fights, without the neutrals it would be pretty boring. In my experience maybe 1 in 5 fights are FW v FW fights.

I meant it in a different way: make neutrals suspect once they enter complex. No penalty for FW guy trying to defend himself with preventive offensive. Simple as that.

Hmmm, since I make my goal to attack first this would be helpful, but I am afraid that would deter neutrals.

I would wholeheartedly disagree with that. It’s not an inherent barrier for Eve. But it is an inherent barrier for playing with other people in a great variety of different playstyles. Consider any corp/alliance that isn’t feeding to another one… you need:

• Max fitting skills
  • Max efficiency skills (AB/MWD cap usage, for example)
  • A great variety of doctrines are T2 hulls, because they’re flat-out better performers than T1, and T1 hulls will simply not be able to do what the T2 doctrines will (think Caracals with Cerbs, the caracals will fall far behind, be out of range, etc).

If you aren’t trying to fly with these groups, it’s obviously not an issue. A newbro corp, for example, will fly with t1 doctrines. But if you look at where the majority of Eve’s playerbase resides (nullblocs), they’re 100% barriers.

please stop encouraging CCP. And would be nice for Falcon to explain what CCP was smoking when they decided to do a blackout…

2 Likes

Adapt or die. Null should not be safer than high-sec. Null needed a LOT more risk, and it got it. The blackout was a very good change, and I’d like to see it everywhere, not just null. Just because momma’s tit dried up and you can’t suckle anymore doesn’t mean you have to be a crybaby about it. And yes, I live in nullsov.

Now they just need to remove regular cynos from lowsec (MAYBE add a shipping cyno for jump freighters), and remove capital injection (better late than never).

2 Likes

Null sec has always been risky and didnt need the blackout for it…but sorry, didnt mean to hijack this thread. Just saw Falcon responding here and not bothering to respond to anything in the local chat threads…

When I’m out ratting, I fit a cyno. If I get dropped on (because I wasn’t watching local), I light that cyno and a capital fleet comprised of faxes,carriers, supercaps, HAW dreads and anti-cap dreads will counter-drop. I am literally 100% safe in null because I don’t even undock without the standing fleet active. If you’re in a rorqual, you’ve got your PANIC, which gives standing MORE than enough time to respond. Time and again. It stifled content dramatically.

The problem with null was the intel. I would see someone enter the system, and my already-aligned carrier would be in warp to a citadel before they even knew where I was. Now I don’t have that intel, it makes it a LOT easier to actually get tackled.

I commend you as being interested in game play more than beating the system. claps