Gun size for Gnosis

I am actually flying a gnosis for l3 missions an i have two questions about my fitting

[Gnosis, Kan Yang On’s Gnosis]
1600mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Multispectrum Energized Membrane I
Medium Armor Repairer I
Reactive Armor Hardener
Damage Control II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane I

Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
AML Compact Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Omnidirectional Tracking Link I
Medium Cap Battery II

650mm Medium ‘Scout’ Artillery I
Drone Link Augmentor I
TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher

Medium Drone Speed Augmentor I
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Ionic Field Projector I

Acolyte I x1
Infiltrator I x2
Hobgoblin I x5
Warrior I x5

Phased Plasma M x5056
EMP M x5056
Nova Light Missile x185
Scourge Light Missile x151
Inferno Light Missile x100
Mjolnir Light Missile x200
Caldari Navy Nova Light Missile x100
Nuclear M x2924
Proton M x248
Depleted Uranium M x400
Titanium Sabot M x5342
Fusion M x1760

Armot tank is just because I want to get some experience with it, otherwise I woukd prefer a shield tank for this setting
first question: I use 650mm guns, which is bigger than what I see, when I am looking at other gnosis fits. I like kiting and taking out opponents from there (right now 40km with depleted uranium ammo), is there something, I do not know/understand?

2nd question: I understood, that my big mwd makes a huge signature., nevertheless I appreciate its huge velocity to get out of range. Should I swith to an AB and a MJD, sacrificing one drone link augmentor for that, hoping to get a better cap reserve?

Any comments will be appreciated!

My tips on your 2nd question:

The MJD will jump you 100km, which can make it a real pain to use your drones on the longer distance. The Gnosis has a drone damage bonus, so I would say it is better to fight at a medium-ish distance (like you are currently doing) and being able to use the drones to chew on smaller enemies :slight_smile:

The main reason to use smaller caliber guns is tracking though on the gnosis this can often be made up for by drones. The other reason is fitting but you’re not having that issue.

Honestly when it comes to pve just run them each a few times and feel out what works best for you. So long as you’re tanking the worst case is a bit of a time loss.

As to the second question remember that the ab is a tanking module so if you’re taking fine without it just stick with the mwd

1 Like

Those guns may be a little big for the rats you need to shoot. On my PVE Gnosis i usually fit twin 150mm Rails only really there to take out the smaller rats that may aggress your drones whilst the drones go for the bigger ship. If you use auto cannon you will hit most of the level 3 rats better and certainly on sites like 3/10. I have run Alpha Gnosis on sites such as Vigils and and 3 and 4/10 using that kind of fit. I also like target painters as they help the drones and guns apply their damage a bit better, i would replace at least one tracking computer with one. The downside of armour tanking the gnosis is that you have no room for dps mod’s which would boost effective DPS more that the mid slot application mods, this ship isn’t a great one for your experiment? I think you have way to much tank for the range you are operating from, but it is wise to play it safe earlier and get in closer and drop tank for DSP as you get more confident. I am sure you do not need that armour plate for a level 3 as you have a strong enough active tank without it. I would keep the MWD the speed it gives should offset the radius bloom and you should only fire it now and then. Never run it if you are being webbed though xD

Your fit is way overtanked for engaging npcs at 40km, you should give beams a try instead in this regard.

So thank you very much for your advice, i greatly appreciate what you are telling me. Never the less I wanted to make some experience with armor tanking, since had not used it before, now I feel enabled to handle it.

Can’t make your fit work “as is” on any of my characters, even on Singularity where training is faster (implants and boosters). There is always an issue with powergrid. My highest SP character is 28M, but it is not proficient with Minmatar turrets. Even if it was, these skills (specific to Minamatar’s turrets) don’t affect powergrid usage, only damage. Maybe are you using implants for powergrid ?

Because of your armor tank fit, with no extra bonus for weapons in the low slots, I only get 225 dps. It’s seems a bit thin for L3 missions (and very low for a battlecruiser) as you may encounter some battleships from time to time. The light missile launcher seems like a waste, as it is not bonused by the hull.

The smallest change I can make to your fit to make it work (for me) is remove the light missile launcher and put an additional 650mm scout, and replace the 1600mm armor plate with a 800mm one. It hurt the ehp, but dps is up at 245. But still looks thin for dps for a battlecruiser.

With this character however, I have only 7.1M SP on Tranquility, but pretty much fully alpha skilled for Minmattar’s Gunnery skills, Drones and Shields. I designed my skill plan for the Gnosis with shield tank for L3 missions

The following fit is an adjustment to your fit (I stick to 650mm and try to reach 40km with Fusion M), but using shield tank and T2 version of the 650mm. Just swap for the Scout version if you can’t use the T2. You may need to try Compact or Enduring version of the shield modules if you have issues with powergrid, cpu or skills. I get 407 dps with this, which seems better for L3. As for drones, just have a set of each type of damage ready at the station for the ennemies you are going to face in your mission. I ususally take down the frigate and destroyer first with the light drones out, then use the medium drones when there is only cruiser and bigger left. Use the scripts of your choice for the tracking computer.
[Gnosis, 650mm shield]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Tracking Computer II
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Medium Shield Booster II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

650mm Artillery Cannon II
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Valkyrie I x5
Warrior I x5

Phased Plasma M x1600
EMP M x1600
Fusion M x1600
Optimal Range Script x1

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.