Gnosis Gallente armor tank

Hi.
I have created a Gallente ALpha, wanted to try drone focus. I like it so far and aiming for a Domi in the long run. But until i get there, i need smth to run lvl3 missions. Decided to transfer a Gnosis from my main and refit it for a low SP.

Here is the fit I’m thinking about.

[Gnosis, *Gnosis]
Prototype Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I

F-12 Enduring Tracking Computer
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

250mm Prototype Gauss Gun
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hammerhead I x5

Tracking Speed Script x1
Uranium Charge M x200
Optimal Range Script x2

With Uranium charges i can fight from 42 km with about 268 dps and my cap is pretty stable, it shows about 12 min. If i lower DPS i can increase range up to 55 km (the drones don’t allow more, the turrets do)
Any sugestions how to improve the fit? Particulary interested in med slots, I just have no idea what to replace the rechargers with.
THX in advance.

If you are using this for missions, I’d suggest changing your tank a bit. instead of using the EANM and 2 Reppers, add NPC-specific hardeners. Pull the EANM and one repper (keep the other) and add two active hardeners that you can swap out depending on the damage type of the NPCs in the mission you are about to run. That will be more effective in mitigating damage and free up a lot of cap, thus freeing up some of your mid slots.

With those extra mids, I’d suggest adding Tracking Computers to improve the DPS application from your rails.

EDIT

Typo changed “repper” to “rapper”. Your tank really doesn’t care what kind of music you listen to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s nothing better than destroying Serpentis while listening to Manowar. )))

Thx for the tips

1 Like

Your DPS is so low (frigate level DPS), that you are going to spend more than one manowar album to finish some L3 security missions in that. You need at least 4 damage mods and 2-3 damage application mods to get your ISK/time ratio to reasonable level. Skip armor tank, use cap booster and shield tank, all your low slots should be drone damage amplifiers and mag. stabs.
[Gnosis, alpha L3 mission]

Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Micro Jump Drive
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 400
Dread Guristas Kinetic Deflection Field
Dread Guristas Thermal Dissipation Field
Large Shield Booster II

250mm Railgun II, Antimatter Charge M
[Empty High slot]

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hammerhead II x5
Hornet II x5

Micro jump drive is your GTFO option. Shield hardeners must be changed if you fight other NPC, now they are serpentis specific. Drones also.

His Alpha clone alt can’t use that MJD so that is a not so great suggestion right there. And while shield tank fits indeed can get nice DPS the Gnosis doesn’t win many awards there. You also aren’t considering the fact he said this character is currently low skills.

[Gnosis, Hybrids / Armor - Cheap]

Prototype Armor Thermal Hardener I
Prototype Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer

X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
F-12 Enduring Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script
F-12 Enduring Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

200mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Antimatter Charge M
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator I

Hammerhead I x5
Hobgoblin I x5

Also, the guns give better return on DPS than the drones on the Gnosis. No travel time, instant hit weapon system, and gets better DPS than chasing drone damage amps. Running specific hardeners against the faction you are facing in mission to improve tank stability is a must.

You should reasonable DPS and effectiveness with the Anti-matter in close, if a frigate is attempting to be annoying and orbit you web it and shoot it down. You get even more cap stability out of Lead ammunition and should be able to hit up to 40-50km with it.

Oh and a good oversized cap battery has significantly more impact on your capacitor than attempting to stack four cap rechargers in there.

2 Likes

Not sure about dual active armor tanking tbh, you’re giving up a lot of (drone) dps in this fitting. I did my lvl 3 missions quite easily in a shield/speed-tanked alpha Gnosis staying out of harms way and letting the drones do all the work. With Faction Navy drones and at least triple Drone Damage Amplifier II’s you should have no problem getting almost 300 dps out of them alone as an alpha.

But even if you want to fight at closer ranges to put your hybrid guns to use, I would rather go shield tank using your med slots in order to free up more dps from your low slots. Not saying your fit couldn’t work but you seem to be making too much sacrifices atm to keep the dual rep up.

Also, as said in the comments, be sure to fit both your damage and your tank according to the NPC enemies you’re facing: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Damage_types

2 Likes

If you want to armour tank a BC with rails and drones doing Gallente missions, use a Myrmidon.

1 Like

I would tend to agree…but the questions was “How can I improve this fit?” not “what ship would be better?” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly. Plus there is the fact the Gnosis has everything as a role bonus. Which is great if he wants to get a character off the ground fast as he trains certain skills only to three for SP savings against the 5m SP cap for free skill training on alphas. Means he gets more SP to throw at T2 tank and support skills and the drones while still having a somewhat efficient BC around before he slips that character into the Domi he eventually wants.

1 Like

Bashar, the fit you posted does not fill me with confidence. Way too many cap regen modules, which means you have significantly gimped your dps to be able to maintain your tank. The faster you pop the rats, the less time they have to throw damage at your ship, which means you take less damage. More tank does not make the rats pop faster, more tank makes you pop less faster. More dps makes rats pop faster. If you really need that much cap regen to keep your tank from being overwhelmed by NPC dps, are you really ready for those NPC’s?

But let’s take a step back for a moment. You said you want to train your Alpha alt into a Dominix. Why? Because it’s a big tough battleship that has bonuses for drones? Sure, but it’s not the only big tough battleship that has bonuses for drones, and one very important detail is what types of drones are most commonly used on a Dominix? Sentry drones, except Alphas CANNOT train for sentry drones. The most powerful drones an Alpha can train for are heavy drones (and Geckos, which are very expensive for drones), but heavy drones are not a good choice for long range fighting because they are the slowest drones. They take a long time to fly to their target, shoot it, then fly to the next target, shoot it, etc. This is not a good strategy for long range fighting.

So what is a good strategy for using heavy drones? Medium range brawling, with the longest range being maybe 80 km, probably closer to 70 km. Why? Drone flight time. The less distance that heavy drones have to fly to get to their target, the sooner they can shoot it and go to the next target. Also, by reducing your drone flight range, you don’t have to sacrifice as many high slots to drone link augmenters and can fit another turret for a bit more dps.

Now here comes the really crazy talk. Look at the Amarr Armageddon. Another big tough battleship with exactly the same drone bonuses as the Dominix, except fit it with missile launchers, something the Dominix can’t do, specifically Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers. An Alpha with the appropriate missile skills at level 4 should be able to get a shooting range of close to 70 km, you can select any damage type with missiles, something you can’t do with hybrid turrets, and you’ll actually get more dps than the Dominix. The biggest problem with rapid heavy missile launchers is the long reload time on them. It’s really a poor man’s Rattlesnake fitted this way, but you can buy and fully fit an Armageddon for about half the cost of a bare Rattlesnake.

The Dominix and the Armageddon are not exact matches for each other, but for PVE they are quite similar. The Dominix has some advantages, the Armageddon has other advantages. I really think you need to ask yourself an important question before you put a lot of skillpoints into training through Gallente to get to the Dominix. How do you plan to actually fit and use that Dominix, and are there other ships that might actually do the same thing a bit better?

1 Like

Ahh here’s the thing about that wall of text of yours. While the Armageddon can do some neat things, a poor man’s Domi can still outdo it for damage pretty easily. I have an Armageddon I use as a knock off Rattle. But to get it good basically took a hull + fit cost that is just slightly over hull costs of a Rattle alone. Meanwhile a Domi for around 300m can blast through content with the occasional need of a warp-out. Good luck getting a Armageddon doing 900+ DPS on the alpha skill set for only 300m.

[Dominix, Heavy Drones / Shield]

Tracking Enhancer II

X-Large C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Pith C-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Pith C-Type Thermal Dissipation Field
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

350mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Federation Navy Ogre x5
Republic Fleet Berserker x5
Valkyrie II x5

Lead Charge L x2000
Antimatter Charge L x5000
Cap Booster 800 x16
Nanite Repair Paste x150

1 Like

Thx for the information people.

Kynami_Vaille special thx, the fit for Gnosis you’ve provided works very good so far. Hope the Domi one will do the same.

Wombat65Au Egdald that’s an interesting approach you are suggesting. But I just don’t like the Amarr stuff. Besides, if I like what comes out of my Gallente char I’ll upgrade him to Omega no prob.

1 Like

Kynami, good point and that looks like a fun Domi brawling fit.

Bashar. The very first battlecruiser I bought was a Hurricane Fleet Issue. I’d been running lvl 2 missions and wanted to step up to lvl 3’s. I thought the better stats on the Fleet Issue ship would make up for my not so great skills on my character. Less than half a week later, that Hurricane was a pile of junk floating in space. The biggest reason for that was because my skills were too low to make good use of that ship’s stats. It’s the skills of the character that makes the ship work well, not the stats of the ship that makes the character work well.

1 Like

LOL.
The first thing i did with my main, when i had enough money - bought a Hurricane Fleet Issue. ))) Still alive, BTW, although i didn’t take her to real dangers.
Doing solo lvl3 no problem, have to rewarp only at Blockade. Even thinking to try lvl4 when I get a T2 tank and turrets.

OK, not to start another topic, I’ll ask another question here.

I was given an escalation leading to DED 3/10, and it won’t allow anything larger than a cruiser.

So i decided to buy and fit a Vexor (as I’m still trying to stick to drones).
Here is the fit.

[Vexor, *Simulated Vexor]

Sensor Booster I
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Anode Electron Particle Cannon I
Anode Electron Particle Cannon I

Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Hobgoblin I x5
Hammerhead I x5

Antimatter Charge M x400

The idea is to kill everything with drones at 75 km, and keep a couple of blasters to help in close combat if anything.

Will that work?

As always, appreciate your time.

I actually use a few different fits but if you replace certain pieces of this one with meta/t1 as required it should serve fairly well…

[Vexor, Rails / Buffer w/ DDAs]

Shield Power Relay II
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Large Shield Extender II

200mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I
Medium Core Defense Field Purger I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Vespa II x5
Hornet II x5
Salvage Drone I x5
Acolyte II x5

The basic strategy here is to use “Keep at Range” and force things into following you while you use Uranium or Tungsten depending on range to target being 20-30k or 30-50k to speed up the process of killing them alongside the drones. Passive regen on the tank should be between ~55-75 EHP/s depending on your skills.

As for the fit you provided an example of? You’d be losing drones really often because no drone navigation module for increased drone speed to mitigate the extreme ranges you’d be attempting usage at. Plus with how NPC AI works you really do need to be shooting them or they will shift focus to your drones all the time.

2 Likes

Thx, will check the fit while the Cruiser skill is being trained.

By “Drone navigation module” you mean the “Drone navigation computer” http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_id=24395 ? If yes, does it actually work with light and medium drones? They do have an MWD?

Yes they do. And drone speed is incredibly important for any usage outside of about 40k because the simplest way to save your drones from being shot down is recalling them to drone bay to reset NPC aggro. Plus faster drone speeds makes them harder to track for the NPCs making them take less damage in the first place.

2 Likes

o-o-ok…
I simulated the fit.
The shield recharge rate is 15hp/s. Guess it’s too low?

I gave you an EHP/s number, not base shield rate. Shield recharge rate should be 21-25 per second. But with over 60% resists the effect of that regen is magnified to be more effective. Does mean that yours is a bit low and you should probably train the shield skills some more.

1 Like