As an MMO player, I can’t really take EVE seriously.
It’s supposed to be a sandbox game with a player-run economy, yet I keep seeing limited-time ship and paint sales. Also, in a sandbox game, it’s strange that multiboxing is even allowed. Sure, back in the days of Dark Age of Camelot we had buff bots, which did ruin the PvP in that game, but EVE? From what little I’ve seen, this game seems to be balanced around multiboxing. Just look at the drone nerfs for miners with Orcas and such. This affects game balance and the prices of things. Overall, it’s bad for the health of the game, but I’m sure it’s good for business.
This game is interesting, and I understand it needs to make money because MMOs have a hard time attracting new young players. EVE is probably the hardest to get into. I tried to get my nephew interested, and he thought it would be cool for a ruthless, cutthroat PvP game, but when he saw how the combat works and heard about people playing five to six accounts, he said, “This is a game for old people who don’t have the skill to play other games.” LOL.
I still get some enjoyment out of it, but some people take this game way too seriously. It’s just a cute MMO, nothing more.