Have you ever seen a wormhole spawn?

I once saw a wormhole spawn. Not sure I remember exactly how it happened, I think something was going down with the server at the time, I had warped to a wh signature, but there was no wh there, a few moments later after I remained idling there cloaked, a FRIGGIN wormhole warped into grid, as in literally coming out of warp and gradually slowing down into position. It was then that I learned how wormholes are made in EVE, I wonder if anyone else has ever witnessed this or maybe even caught it on video.

4 Likes

Sounds like the game treats wormholes as some kind of ship, which did an emergency warp on downtime…

I’ve never seen what you describe, but I’ve seen some funny things with wormholes right after downtime. For example I once saw the following: I logged in eve the second the servers were up, no signatures in system had loaded yet. I warped to a bookmarked wormhole to land on an empty grid. Moments later, the signatures got loaded, but no WH appeared. I warped an alt to the bookmarked WH, and he landed on a different grid with WH present, in the same location.

And of course I’ve seen plenty of wormholes normally, where I see a new sig show up at the same time as a scanner enters local (or shows up on d-scan in the case of WH space.) But in those cases I first needed to scan down the WH before I could get on grid with it.

2 Likes

That’s some alternate universe stuff, awesome. lol

1 Like

Huh. Interesting. I’d like to see that.

1 Like

I seen a gate camp, heard a docking ring
I seen a crab dressed in TiDi
But I be done seen about everything
When I see an wormhole spawn

4 Likes

*lolgroan
I was more amused at that than I probably should have been.

2 Likes

Can be explained with OP’s observation: if you had Wormhole bookmarked, then the first character probably warped to the grid of last known location - where wormhole “safely logged off”… but anyway:

1 Like

I did once. It was a one in a million shot.

Some players have had wormholes despawn not only in front of them, but while going through them. I don’t recall what the effects were exactly but I think of distant memories of players complaining about being deposited by a gate or station. I do not recall if this was proven true, or a bug, or if even addressed.

1 Like

I could calculate the odds of a wormhole spawning on your grid, and you aren’t going to like them.

What likely happened is that you caught a fresh signature, and warped to it before the game materialized it. Or, if your side was the exit, you warped to it before someone on the other side did.

1 Like

If WH collapses when you enter it - you might find yourself at a completely different WH signature upon loading into system. So i guess it is reasonable to assume that you’ll find yourself at “system entrance/exit point” (aka. Stargate) if collapse happens upon exiting WH space.

2 Likes

THAT
is what I remember
Thanks!
I recall some players having a problem with this, like ending up in a bubble. Oo

1 Like

Oh sorry I neglected to come back here, I forgot to mention, the reason I identified the wormhole as flying is because it had a speed reading in the overview also besides the movement.

You cant scan it if it didnt spawn yet

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.