HDR Support

With the recent efforts to increase the visual fidelity of the game through Photon UI, higher resolution nebulae, and other iterative improvements, I would really love to see official HDR support implemented into the game. It would add an entirely new level of immersion and fidelity to the game that would allow it to stand toe-to-toe with other titles in the genre and help keep the game technologically relevant going into the future.

As of this writing, there are 981 unique monitors* supporting HDR in some capacity. It is not a fad or novel concept like 3DTV or VR. It’s the natural progression of display technology that has been universally adopted in the TV space, and increasingly adopted in the monitor space. Technologies like OLED and QD-OLED are facilitating HDR capabilities in monitors as the technology becomes more affordable at typical monitor sizes.

The impact HDR has had on games that embrace is cannot be understated. Proper HDR support with the right monitor can be a visual improvement akin to making the jump from SD to HD video a generation ago. Eve is uniquely suited with its art style and high-contrast environments to be able to utilize HDR and create some truly amazing visuals.

I know that a feature like this won’t have an immediate impact on most of the playerbase, but Eve has a history of pushing the envelope when it comes to art and graphics, and I think a feature like this will pay dividends for a long time as more and more players get their hands on HDR monitors and can bask in the glory that HDR Eve Online would be.

*Source:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.