Help for a new player

Yea I know thats why I was asking. I got blown up in the astero because I couldn’t cloak but I made my money back so it wasn’t a large setback. I will stick to t1s for a while until I either get omega or can afford to loose them.

1 Like

The Astero has two large benefits, one is the CovOps cloak, the other is that it’s a very capable combat frigate and can kill or scare off other explorers.

Flying it without cloak is not recommended, but if you want to do so, give it a combat fit with drones, armour repair and such so you can fight back. (Also, warp core stabs are for running away and not a good idea if you’re fitting to fight.) If you’re interested in flying a combat-capable Astero, you could browse through Zkillboard losses of that ship and see if there’s a fit you like.

Oh I was using it for exploration and didn’t have any of those…

No worries!

The Astero is great for exploration, but it’s also one of the only exploration frigates that can fight. As such, it’s a bit of a waste of a more expensive ship hull to fit the Astero for running away with warp core stabs, when you could do that cheaper with a T1 frigate. If I would fly the Astero, I’d fit the exploration Astero for fighting!

(Still I don’t think you would survive a gank, but now you have the chance to fight and kill other explorers.)

Something like this is what I’ve used before:

[Astero, Astero]
Small Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Compact Multispectrum Energized Membrane

1MN Afterburner II
Relic Analyzer II
Warp Scrambler II
Small Cap Battery II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Core Probe Launcher I

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

Hobgoblin II x5
Salvage Drone I x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8

Now that I look back at the fit, I would maybe skip the salvage drones and put in more combat drones instead. And I’m not sure what the hyperspatial rig is doing there, there might be a better option for that too.

I will probably do that. Is this setup alpha friendly?

Nope, not alpha friendly, sorry :frowning:

You may have to downscale some modules (depending on your skills or alpha restrictions) and the cloak won’t be possible for alpha.

Maybe you could replace the cloak with a nosferatu. But I’m not a frigate fitting expert. :stuck_out_tongue:

Alright ty I was using something similar without the pvp I think.

If you cant cloak, keep with cheap frigs, no astero.

…and a gank can only happen in hisec.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.