Help Installing EVE on Ubuntu 18.04

Thanks for your post, but i have not brought the launcher to linux, this was @CCP_Snorlax and btw, the linux launcher is NOT officially supported from CCP and never was. He has build for his linux version a special wine version which is in the meantime outdated.

This was one reason why i have written some scripts to use an up-to-date wine version with his launcher. Another reason was, that he not offer any installer or packages, only an archive with the launcher binary himself, so that the user must do the rest alone to install it and merge it in his desktop environment. But in the meantime exists other possibilities to run EVE on linux not only the linux launcher, using the windows version from the launcher or Steam Play not to forget POL or Lutrix. For myself, i prefer the linux launcher and will stay on it as long he exist.

My wishes for an actualized linux launcher from @CCP_Snorlax are removing the outdated wine versions from the launcher and set distribution or WineHQ wine installations as default. If you not have the time to build an installer, please integrate some setup routine, which create desktop launcher in users XDG_DATA_DIR, so he has an launcher in his DE and must not create it for himself. If you want, use my stuff for this as a template or so.